UK Seton TANE screenshots

Still using the low poly ground textures doesn't show Trainz to the best effect. This use of outdated stuff is what's holding back many from upgrading to TANE. There was better content available even in TS2010 its a shame people still use the old TRS2004 content. No disrespect to anyone, but for TANE to compete successfully with other train sims, then users have to show the absolute best that can be achieved

I agree with you - but I'll leave that to the payware experts. I see backwards compatibility - and perhaps resulting good frame rates - as an advantage of TANE. Perhaps I'll start a new layout one day, with all the latest in it...

The TS12 Version Freezes Trainz when I try to Quickdrive or edit the route. I see no errors in Content Manager and no missing Dependencies. Any thoughts on how I mite resolve this? Other routes work ok. I'm going to delete and redownload to see if that helps. Is there an error log somewhere that mite give a clue as to what's happening?
Thanks
Bob

Still using the low poly ground textures doesn't show Trainz to the best effect. This use of outdated stuff is what's holding back many from upgrading to TANE. There was better content available even in TS2010 its a shame people still use the old TRS2004 content. No disrespect to anyone, but for TANE to compete successfully with other train sims, then users have to show the absolute best that can be achieved
True, but its an old layout bought over into TANE, so its to be expected.

Ive downloaded the TANE one, apart from a few textures missing I saw on the farmlands, it works perfectly. There has been a lot of time and creativity put into it and Ive enjoyed the couple of runs in Quickdrive Ive had so far. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks, Iannz. I see you have TANE Deluxe so in theory nothing should be missing, not even textures. With respect to Paul502, old layouts ported to TANE is going to be the norm for a while - it takes about a year to create a layout, so I suspect pure TANE layouts will not be around for a while - except perhaps for payware layouts.

BobbyB - I'll try the TS12 version and see if it freezes for me also. What build of TS12 do you have?

Hi Holo, it turns there was a faulty texture file my end (pl ballast2) once that was fixed it all looks perfect. Cheers once again for sharing your layout.

BobbyB - I have TS12 build 58414 (SP1 with the three hotfixes). I didn't know build 61338 existed. I downloaded Seton TS12 and installed it, just as you would have done. No problems with Quickdrive or editing (you should clone it for editing). I'll try updating my TS12 to see what happens.

EDIT: OK, I now have Build 61338, and again no problems with placing a consist (DMU 105) and running it. I placed it at the nearest spot (Seton station). I didn't try to move elsewhere using the map.

So I don't know what's causing your problem.

Last edited:
Having old layouts in TANE is fine, but even TS2010 has the replace assets tool. I see no reason to using that to upgrade the ground textures. I have done so myself, takes no longer than a few hours at most.

Back