TRS22?

TRS22 is not available via a subscription. Only Trainz Plus is available via a subscription. Sadly there are users on this forum that insist on calling Trains Plus by the name TRS22 Plus and that only confuses users. When TRS19 was under development, it shared the same codebase with Trainz Plus but shortly after the launch of TRS22, N3V realized that users were getting confused so they forked the codebase into TRS22 and Trainz Plus. This established Trainz Plus as a separate product which exists as the "stable" version of Trainz Plus with updates released on a quarterly basis and the beta version of Trainz Plus. TRS22 is available as TRS22 Standard and TRS22 Platinum Edition. There are important differences between TRS22 and Trainz Plus such as both have MPS but only the Trainz Plus version is fully functional while TRS22's version of MPS lacks the ability for you to create your own MPS route and invite friends to work with you on it. You are limited to just working on a selection of routes chosen by N3V which are open to all users. Surveyor 2.0 in TRS22 Platinum includes 99% of Surveyor 2.0 in Trainz Plus but does not support HD Terrain editing or the Color Effect layer. Both versions of TRS22 have HD Compatibility Mode which allows you to open a route created in Trainz Plus using HD terrain and run the route in Driver. However, the appearance of the route is more like a 5m grid that has the jaggy bits smoothed out. You can open the route in either Surveyor Classic or Surveyor 2.0 and even place objects such as buildings and trees but saving converts the route to a 5m grid route permanently.

Some of that confusion for Trainz Plus users is caused by the Trainz Launcher. The graphic clearly says Trainz+ but the window bar at the top says Trainz Railroad Simulator 22. I originally took up the Trainz Plus subscription when I was running TRS19 and back then the window bar said Trainz Railroad Simulator 19.

I only look at what the graphic says.

Even N3V has problems here, as they try to sort out subscribed versus purchased features.
I do like their latest attempt.

Last edited:
I know I'm going to have to buy some version of 22 if I want it. I just don't want a monthly or yearly subscription to have or run the game. I'm a stand-alone buyer. Too bad it never came out in hard copy disc form.

I'm a stand-alone buyer. Too bad it never came out in hard copy disc form.
What does come out on removable storage these days? None of my newly purchased computers over the last 7+ years (at least) came with any form of removable disc/disk drive. I did buy an external USB DVD drive unit at that time because I thought I would need it but I can recall using it only once - it currently sits neglected in a drawer.

CD/DVDs have gone the way of printed paper manuals - and I do not miss them.

Steam version was also broken with the latest update. It's aweful. Many users noticed it's even not not launched. For me launching is successful, but the performance decreased, content is broken, traffic is broken since trains is not able to open a signal of a DEFAULT light.
HOW TO REVERT this sh*t?

Not a fan of steam. Like to stay with N3V. So not all TS22 versions require a subscription to own and run the game? Correct?

Not a fan of steam. Like to stay with N3V. So not all TS22 versions require a subscription to own and run the game? Correct?
Trainz 22 or 22 PE (Platinum Edition)

I make a year payment for TRS22.
A year payment for TRS22? I do not understand.

TRS22 (both versions) are outright purchases, one payment only, for life. Trainz Plus is the subscription purchase - monthly or yearly payments.

That is what I been doing it, $129. I guess what I am getting REPORT and EDIT in my messages not for you??? Maybe because I am just getting TRS22. I don't know. That is what I been doing it for 5 years. It works for me??? Dunno why.
$129 USD is the Trainz Plus Gold membership (which I am also on). This is the annual subscription price. You get Trainz Plus with Surveyor 2.0 and HD Terrain, MPS, 6 built-in routes plus bonus routes and rolling stock, and free access to ALL DLC
$69.49 USD is the Trainz Plus Standard membership. This is the annual subscription price. You get Trainz Plus with Surveyor 2.0 and HD Terrain, MPS, 6 built-in routes plus bonus routes and rolling stock
$69.99 USD is TRS22 Platinum. This is an outright purchase, no subscription. You get TRS22 with Surveyor 2.0, MPS, 6 built-in routes plus bonus routes and rolling stock.
TRS22 (Standard) is no longer listed as available for purchase (or at least no price is shown) but came with 6 built-in routes and MPS only.

Both Trainz Plus options are also available as a monthly subscription and come with regular updates that contain new features. The latest update includes Phase 1 of the Trainz Living Railroad.

Back