PEVSoft in TRS22

I have recently upgraded from TRS19 to TRS22 Platinum and after transferring my routes into 22 I have found that a number of assets are faulty because of the missing *.texture.txt files scenario. In previous versions of Trainz I have been able to use PEVSoft's IMAGE2TGA utility to create the TGA files but that does not seem to be working in 22. Is it now not valid or am I somehow not executing it correctly ? I go to the editing file in IMAGE2TGA after opening the asset and it finds the *.texture file but it will not convert to TGA saying there is nothing to save.

If IMAGE2TGA is not now valid is there any other method to convert these files ?

Tony Howard

There's a newer version of Images2TGA. You can download that from Shane Turner's website. He has a sticky at the top of the General Trainz forum with a link to his website and tutorials. This new version opens up the newer .texture files fine without any issues. I've used it many times and recently when I was restoring content after my crash.

There is a version of the .texture files, usually used by payware, which Images2TGA can't convert.

Peter

Just to be clear - what is the latest version of Images2TGA? I have v.1.34 (13 Aug 2016) installed. I also have AssetX v.3.2.1 (Feb 2017) installed with Images2TGA. I've had the same issue of apparently 'empty' TEXTURE files, but I assumed this was a payware feature.

Paul

Just to be clear - what is the latest version of Images2TGA? I have v.1.34 (13 Aug 2016) installed. I also have AssetX v.3.2.1 (Feb 2017) installed with Images2TGA. I've had the same issue of apparently 'empty' TEXTURE files, but I assumed this was a payware feature.

Paul
Asset·X · Version 3.3.0 · April 2018, is my installation.

Regards
Swordfish

The latest I have are as follows:
Asset·X · Version 3.3.0 · April 2018 available from PEVSoft.
You have the latest Images2TGA,
I

Since I installed AssetX version 3.3, I've started getting this error message when I attempt to use the crawl tool for Images2TGA:

53426496556_3440dac7c8_b.jpg

Does anyone understand what this message means and how I can rectify it? The ability to auto-update textures to TGA is extremely valuable and I'd hate to lose it!

Paul

Sorry, to take this off topic! But is there any way of contacting PEV? I need to ask him about a route module he created as I'm unable to merge it with Normp's Brisbane south route as there's a missing section. I tried fixing this issue using TransDEM but turns out that both routes aren't TransDEM generated. Again, sorry for being rude taking this off topic. Been wanting to contact PEV.

Since I installed AssetX version 3.3, I've started getting this error message when I attempt to use the crawl tool for Images2TGA:

53426496556_3440dac7c8_b.jpg

Does anyone understand what this message means and how I can rectify it? The ability to auto-update textures to TGA is extremely valuable and I'd hate to lose it!

Paul

Guessing another extremely useful app bombed up by N3V...

Right-click and choose run as administrator. As frogpipe says, it needs admin permissions to run. Many older applications require this due to security changes in Windows.

Thanks both. Of course! It used to prompt me to run it as Administrator in the former version. Looks like 3.3 doesn't do that.

Paul

Back