TRS22?

Well, N3V made me an offer I couldn't refuse yesterday so I got TRS22PE. Off to explore 2.0 and see what I can do. Thanks for everyone's input.

But I am using TRS22 Plus. I just never added the hole thing for some reason. I thought I did the wrong thing?

RJ Artim

Last edited:
but I am using TRS22 Plus. I just never added the hole thing for some reason. Since they have a bunches of TRS22, hard to do something good and I thought I did the wrong thing?

Not sure if our labeling is the problem here.

The only current program names/labels that exist and have any meaning are:-

Trainz Plus - the subscription version. It will state Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 on the top Windows Bar (just to confuse everyone) but the launcher screen will clearly state Trainz+. If you bought the Windows version direct from N3V it will show build 123794 on the Launcher screen. The Mac and Steam versions will have different build numbers.

TRS22 Platinum - the outright purchase version. It will state Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 on the top Windows Bar and TRS22 on the launcher screen. I do not know if the label "Platinum" will also appear.

TRS22 - also an outright purchase. It will state Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 on the top Windows Bar and TRS22 on the launcher screen.

Here is what the launcher for TRS22 Platinum looks like.
Thank you for that. Not having TRS22 Platinum (or TRS22 Standard for that matter) I was uncertain as to what you would see.

Here is the Trainz Plus Launcher Screen

Trainz-Launcher.png

Last edited:
The picture has a TRAINZ+ . I figured it meant Trainz Plus, duh. Am I wrong?

RJ Artim

Last edited:
It can be confusing. I've just installed TRS22PE, after several years of Trainz Plus Gold. It's build 123801 - so I hope this really is TRS22PE as my Gold subscription ends on Thursday and I don't want to wake up on Friday and nothing works!

Paul

It can be confusing. I've just installed TRS22PE, ... It's build 123801 - so I hope this really is TRS22PE as my Gold subscription ends on Thursday and I don't want to wake up on Friday and nothing works!
Build 123801 is the latest Windows release of TRS22/TRS22PE, the latest outright purchase version of Trainz. Which one you have, Standard or PE, will be shown in the graphic on the Launcher Screen.

Last edited:
Went into my latest route TRS22PE and my grey ballast is gone, and no other ballast color will change the white look. Switched to 2.0 and same look. What happened?
Alco_P-A :mad:
Ballast-Change.jpg

Alternatively, you can purchase TRS22 on Steam! If you don't have a Steam account, visit https://store.steampowered.com/ you would also be required to download Steam to be on your PC. Click on the green button 'Install Steam' on the top right of the Steam site.
THIS. I really recommend doing this if you can. Steam has super frequent sales where you can get stuff for, at the right time, about 75-80% off. It provides a lot of savings compared to buying DLC direct from N3V through their store.

Went into my latest route TRS22PE and my grey ballast is gone, and no other ballast color will change the white look. Switched to 2.0 and same look. What happened?
Alco_P-A :mad:
Ballast-Change.jpg
Make sure your date in the route isn't set to winter. I'm guessing the ballast you're using is seasonal and this is it switching to a snow texture.

As posted above, the ballast has a seasonal texture layer built in.

But also check the Snow Altitude setting in the Environment Tools. If the terrain height is at or above that level and the ballast has a snow texture (winter) seasonal layer then that is the cause. Unfortunately some ground texture (and possibly ballast texture) creators have incorrectly set their winter seasonal layers to be activated by the date change alone so they ignore the snow height setting. In these cases you will get the snow effect from Dec 1st (Northern Hemisphere) at sea level.

Can one avoid the season changes and snow ballast showing up?
There are two options:-
  1. edit the config.txt file of the track to add the line above-snow-line 1 but this will obviously only work in your copy of Trainz. Anyone else who used that track asset will still see the snow texture, or
  2. select an alternative track asset that does not have this issue

It turns out that I started a thread on this very issue over a year ago (how time flies or how my memory has slipped) with these solutions discussed. The thread can be found at seasonal-pbr-surprise

Back