Little Gray Boxes

WCL

Canadian National
Anyone know how to get rid of these lil gray boxes that is all over a layout by chance??

That looks like maybe the creator got one of those errors about a uniform color so turned a pixel gray on the tile. You might edit the asset and show in explorer and then check that tile. At the very least maybe you could darken the pixel so it is closer to the other black. Or I could be completely wrong.

Dig holes peeping through? There are some dig hole assets that aren't hidden in Driver due to an incorrect or missing tag in their config.txt. Visible in Surveyor-only, I think it's called.

Dig holes peeping through? There are some dig hole assets that aren't hidden in Driver due to an incorrect or missing tag in their config.txt. Visible in Surveyor-only, I think it's called.
How does one get rid of them by chance?? Also, thanks for the reply!!

How does one get rid of them by chance?? Also, thanks for the reply!!
You're welcome.

If this is in fact the dig-holes and they are not built-in or part of DLC, you can look in the dependencies for the route and find the dig-hole asset. Right-click and choose Open... and config.txt file.
In the config.txt file look for
surveyor-only 1

If the tag doesn't exist, add it and place a 1 in the middle column under the other items. Use spaces and not the tab key.
Save the config.txt file and submit the asset.

You're welcome.

If this is in fact the dig-holes and they are not built-in or part of DLC, you can look in the dependencies for the route and find the dig-hole asset. Right-click and choose Open... and config.txt file.
In the config.txt file look for
surveyor-only 1

If the tag doesn't exist, add it and place a 1 in the middle column under the other items. Use spaces and not the tab key.
Save the config.txt file and submit the asset.

That did it!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I really appreciate the help and the so quick reply!!!! Thank you again!!!

Very nice. The keyboard accompaniment sounds like it's being played on a clavichord.
@JCitron - Could be, they did have a harpsichord for sure. They used to bill their music as 18th century classic rock, so they did have many classic instruments. If you've not heard Mannheim Steamroller before. Find all of their Fresh Aire albums on YouTube. There are 8 altogether, with 1 & 2 being the best. (I think) I saw them live at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall many years ago, but not since.

Lately, all I ever see from them are the live Christmas shows they tour every year, although I know they have released an album in 2019 called "Exotic Spaces" I haven't dug them as much after they stopped the Fresh Aire format back in 2000. They were really great when it was just the five original members, but they added a full orchestra, then when the Xmas shows became so popular, they formed a 2nd band so they could cover all the demand for their concerts. Kinda lost their original flavor

Rico

Last edited:
No, I never heard them before. It's definitely well done and I'll check out their other recordings.

They really amplified that clavichord in order to make it loud enough to accompany the viol. They did a good job at it because most amplified clavichords sound mechanical due to losing the overtones and other harmonics. Look for Authentic Sound on YouTube. Wim Winter, who I studied piano with, has a clavichord and many recordings. He mics his instrument a bit too close but that sound is still there. I have a 5-octive instrument that's in need of major repairs right now.

Back