Trainz 12 crashing after sp1 hf4.

Joshuajlawn

Hey guys,
I installed sp1, along with hotfix 4.
Ever since then, I can run surveyor mode, and start a saved session. But if I try and start driving, either starting a session from the sessions menue, or while in surveyor, it crashes.
Does anybody have any suggestions short of reinstalling the game.
Thanks.
Josh.

You may find that this is due to user interaction during the loading process. Trainz 12 Service Pack 1 with HF4 is quite volatile when it's loading game information so it's best to not touch anything whilst it's doing it.

Shane

You may find that this is due to user interaction during the loading process. Trainz 12 Service Pack 1 with HF4 is quite volatile when it's loading game information so it's best to not touch anything whilst it's doing it.

Shane
I've tried staying a run session from the session menue, it froze, so I did control alt delete task manager, and the if says trainz crashed.
Now I've tried going in through surveyor, which opened without incident.
But the game is froze again, and I'm sure if I do a command alt delete, it will say the game crashed.

There is a possibility that TS12 is validating assets in the background, which can cause the program to appear to freeze. This is very common after installing fixes and service packs. The symptoms of validating assets include:

* Freezing when clicking on menus which causes the whiteout screen

* Not responding messages

* lock-ups and long freezes in driver and surveyor.

The best thing to do is start up Content Manager, leave it running overnight, and then attempting to run TS12 tomorrow.

At this point, however, keep in mind you may have to perform a database repair if there is some data corruption due to you killing the task with task manager. We'll get to that road when the time comes.

John

Hey, so I'm trying to get a session running. The game has been sitting here in the loading screen, for like 15, almost twenty minutes.
I've never had this issue prior to installing sp1.

How long are you giving it? You need to be patient with SP1 as it has stricter error checking which means it takes longer to validate assets and as such longer to process them when loading sessions etc.

Shane

I have the game on, and it has been loading for like an hour and a half.
I did a data base repair prior to trying to start a session.

I probably have close to two hundred assets from jointed rail, I have some from rrmods, and fifty or so from various other third party creators.
Josh. If have to go through and count for an exact number.
Thanks, Josh.

Josh,

Before you do anything else, start up Content Manager before you go to bed and let it run overnight. This will ensure that all the content (assets) have been validated. Once this is completed, while still in Content Manager, view errors and warnings by clicking on the Faulty tab. If that filter (tab) does not exist, you can easily create one by clicking on the search filter on the left panel. Chose Local Installed = True (from the pull down things), and has errors and Faulty = True. Note: there's no need to put in the equal signs. This is for the forum.

Any faulty assets will appear in the list and these need to be repair, if there are any. We'll get to that point when it arrives, but until then just do the above mentioned steps.

John

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a week, lots of work, and little time for trainz, haha.
So I've gone through most of the files, and the main thing that is flagged, are these errors that day
"the tag "image" in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.
I'm not sure how to fix these.
Thanks Josh.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a week, lots of work, and little time for trainz, haha.
So I've gone through most of the files, and the main thing that is flagged, are these errors that day
"the tag "image" in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.
I'm not sure how to fix these.
Thanks Josh.

This means the actual "art_icon.tga" file is missing.

You can create an uncompressed small .tga file of the same name and put it in the folder and this will fix the error.

Back