SP1 =New Poll= What is your favorite version of Trainz -An Honest Poll SP1

I imagine there are allot more 04, 06 users that did not vote ... but I have to admit that with both versions, every time you download an asset, you have to check, or edit, every config file, and every one of the dependencies config files, to backdate the trainz-build numeral ... So 04, 06, TC ... etc ... are a total PITA to run ... and are only truly useful to those that have low end PC's ... or to those who spend 99.9% of their time in surveyor laying track (both of which apply to me)

I really can not understand why so many 04 users say that 06 is awful and does not work ... I find that Trainz Railwayz, version 3337, SP1, trainz-build 2.6 works flawlessly

If I were running my desktop I would be running 12, or maybe 10 ... on a new PC I would be running T:ANE

I just hope that the NEXT version is not named: L:AME2

Last edited:
So far TANE SP1 seems as good as any that I've played, though I'm just getting started with it.

That may have as much to do with having a computer with some real horsepower to run it, which has not always been the case in the past. Trainz has always been "expert friendly" and hardware stressing. Selling software applications that push computer systems to their limit has given me an appreciation for how difficult this can be, and I'm grateful to the various keepers of Trainz over the years for the amazing system they have put together, maintained, and pushed forward. I have spent many hours in joy, amazed admiration (over fantastic models built by various contributors), and sheer frustration with this product; but the dream of what I might do with Trainz keeps me coming back. A little struggle usually pays off in satisfaction, so I can live with that. In my opinion Trainz keeps getting better, TANE is the latest step, and I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

Harry

Back