The USA Route Building Competition

you aint the only one....... but i dont know. i think cozmo has got the advantage, but the ultramegaroute is up there too. i guess i need more trees and more grass :D

My route needs a lot of work, but i dojn't care if i lose. We'll all come out with some good routes to DL in the end, and will have gotten to know everyone a little better.

I'm not half bad at editing routes, I'm not asking to ENTER with that info, but I'm just saying that if anyone wants something mega-complex (like maybe four different tracks all crossing over each other but never at the same height lol) I could do that for ya.

The contest is slowly moving along and i decided to declare that after July 1st no more participants will be able to declare entering, so as me and the other competitors can begin to finalize when the routes will be due to the DLS. Last call for contestants.

*Spawn of Chaos: If you are not half bad why not enter? I think it would be great. Look at me for example: MY routes arn't always the best (i'll admit it, thats why i only have one release) But i'm entering. It's all in good fun.

One question, (or three!), since i've never uploaded anything before, whats involved in doing so? I would imagine that I would need a list of all the dependencies, I have downloaded routes where I had to also get a train load of dependencies to go with it, or it wouldn't have worked, so that much I understand, as far as trains themselves go, I imagine that is pretty much left up to the person or persons downloading the route, however; I would imagine that since I'm using much content in my trains from outside the DLS, like the engines and most of the rolling stock, will I need to make a full list of what I'm using?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Actually, if all of the dependencies are on the DLS all you need to do is open the upload manager in CMP, drag your file there, and you are set. As for trains, yes that is unless you create a session (not required for contest) If all conetnt is on the DLS it will be downloaded with the route. AS for the list, yes, te rules for the contest require all non DLS stuff be listed in the realease thread. ( i prefer the route description too for ease of downloaders, just a simple site URL but thats just me)

Thats what I thought, I don't believe there is anything on the route that isn't a DLS or default Trainz item, other than the trains themselves.......:):):)

Ok the final entry date is here today. No more entries passt 12 midnight in your location. Thanks for comepeting evryone. In august we should start discussing a date when the routes will be submitted to the DLS. I'm thinking of allowing a large time plot though to keep the routes as detailed as possible though. Now if you want head over to the screen thread and lets see some good shots of the routes!

What routes were entered, and who are the winners?

Cheers, John B
TrainzEasternRoutes Chairman
Lead Route Designer

None of the routes are posted yet fo DL,and there is no winners yet.Just the date for entering in to the competition is closed.

ok d i thinl we still can. Aanyone against it? he's only a day late so what they heck? plus he's one of my friends. is iot ok? I think so but if anyone had a prblem post it here. u have until the 5th to decide if he can or not. D, on the 5th u r in if they approve.

Ok i think it is time to start discussing a deadline for when all routes must be submitted to the dls. I am finished with my route and neilsmth with his. i have no clue as to the progress of everyone else since no one has posted screens in a while. I was thinking the deaddline should be around august 10th. that day is when all enty's must be submitted to the DLS. they may not be visible 4 a ferw days but as long as they are submitted. Anyway, what do you guys and gals think of that date as the final entry?

when was them being on the dls a requirement? i'm in another state and the moment and cannot do anything, as i am taking care of some family matters, and will be doing so until sept......

oops i guess it wasn't. I guess you don't have to uplaod it to the DLS then, but i recomend it since the community will be judging. Campbell, if you need more time beyond the time we decided i will be ok with that since you are under extenuating (sp?) circumstances. Since routes don't have to be on the DLS on the voting thread i guess we will need a minimum of 5 screens each then.

Oh and i almost forgot, f you want to send me a PM, and i cen send you my email so that you can send me a CDP of the route to post on the site linked to in my siggy too. It eill be under USA Routes or something if anyone is interested. Just drop me a PM and i'll post it for you.

Last edited:
August 10th is fine with me, my board is finished, at least as far as I'm taking it before uploading it............:):):)

Back