Help us find out what the community's favorite Train is!

Zeldaboy14

There are probably thousands of variations of engines. Where do you suggest that they start? I think they've given us a fairly good variety and the community has given us ample locos to choose from. N3V has given us the tools to make our own, so you might want to give that a try. Have you ever considered how long it takes to create a loco from scratch. We're talking months of work just for one loco.

If there's something out there that you want that bad, you may have to build it yourself. I've said this before and I'll say it again, most creators build locos that they personally want for themselves if they're going to spend that much time creating it or else they make it to get paid for it.

Mike

Edit: Well, Zeldaboy must have edited his post or it disappeared, but Jacksonbarno captured the post.

Last edited:
I WANT CUSTOM ENGINES, BUT N3V IS NOT CARING FOR THERE CUSTOMERS! :(
One other thing: It doesn't make content creators want to create more content when you cry and whine and scream when they don't make it. Occasional requests are one thing, but they make content for themselves, like Leeferr said. If you are as inept at 3d modeling as I am, try reskinning.

There are probably thousands of variations of engines. Where do you suggest that they start? I think they've given us a fairly good variety and the community has given us ample locos to choose from. N3V has given us the tools to make our own, so you might want to give that a try. Have you ever considered how long it takes to create a loco from scratch. We're talking months of work just for one loco.

If there's something out there that you want that bad, you may have to build it yourself. I've said this before and I'll say it again, most creators build locos that they personally want for themselves if they're going to spend that much time creating it or else they make it to get paid for it.

Mike

EDIT: My apologies Mike, I wrote the following BEFORE you edited your post to address Zelda, but I am leaving it in-tact, as I wrote it, because I did infact write it. I misunderstood what you were saying, so I apologize in advance for the following.

Get off your high-horse Mike. I've been making content for MSTS since 2007, and for Trainz since 2012 when I purchased TS2010.

They have a Poll asking a question...people are trying to answer, and can not. PERIOD.

This is not a Gimme Pig situation, so go back to "taking your toys and going home", as you've said you're doing with your content.

WIP-NREX1_zpsb299a08c.png

BulkHeadFlats.jpg

SFCAN370.jpg

Oh, and what do ya know...a Conrail EMD SD38...

SFCAN238.jpg

WIP-GREX1_zps73f77e9e.png

SFCAN212.jpg

You should now be doing this... (EDIT: I am actually doing this myself now.)

Homer1.jpg

Last edited:
Then why did you complain about them not making a Conrail SD38 if you have the capabilities to make it yourself? Your argument doesn't make any sense to me.

Edit: Big ol' misunderstanding here. I should have read back a bit, my bad.

Last edited:
Then why did you complain about them not making a Conrail SD38 if you have the capabilities to make it yourself? Your argument doesn't make any sense to me.

I DID NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM NOT MAKING AN SD38 (As far as I know, mine and RRMods are the only two available for Trainz.)

I complained about them not FIXING THE POLL...write-in answers not accepted, even though they have a spot for it.

Oh, then nevermind. I fully agree with what you said about fixing the poll. It isn't really even an option. The write in spot is there, so they can say "write in your own favorite locomotive" and then they can just disregard it in favor of your other "answer."

One other thing: It doesn't make content creators want to create more content when you cry and whine and scream when they don't make it. Occasional requests are one thing, but they make content for themselves, like Leeferr said. If you are as inept at 3d modeling as I am, try reskinning.
I never did such a thing. I was making a statement, which is true right now, that N3V is not caring for there customers very well. They haven't fixed the majority of bugs for Trainz 2012, they don't fix there surveys if something doesn't work, etc, etc. They need to listen to there customers, not just through the Helpdesk, but on the forums as well.

EDIT: My apologies Mike, I wrote the following BEFORE you edited your post to address Zelda, but I am leaving it in-tact, as I wrote it, because I did infact write it. I misunderstood what you were saying, so I apologize in advance for the following.

No apologies necessary. I thought that I had quoted Zeldaboy14's post when I wrote my post, but I hadn't. That's why I edited my post...to avoid any confusion about it.

Mike

BTW: I never said that I was taking my toys and going home.

Last edited:
You edited it yes, but you only edited it because of the fact that I commented about it. They are still two different comments, and so editing it doesn't change the fact that you said it. If you don't want to receive heat for something, then think about your comment before you post it.

No apologies necessary. I thought that I had quoted Zeldaboy14's post when I wrote my post, but I hadn't. That's why I edited my post...to avoid any confusion about it.

Mike

BTW: I never said that I was taking my toys and going home.
I did edit my post, so no hard feelings on this end side either.

So you're saying that N3V should build everyone's favourite loco, instead of giving us a list to choose from?

This is a Trainz Forum, not a personal back and forth Forum. Stay on topic and please stop the criticism of others.

Cheers

AJ

LNER all the way!
I wonder where Zeldaboy gets his locomotive classifications from, they was no LNER "A0" class, at least not that I can find reference to. As for Gordon, it is a huge shame it is stored out of use at Highley, as far as I know it does not require too much work to get it going again.

I still would like to see a LNER A3 Flying Scotsmen with BAKED TEXTURES :mop::D:mop:. As for Gordon, I've read he was a prototype when he came to sodor, and was later upgraded to a LNER A3 like all of his brothers.

Last edited:
LNER all the way!
I wonder where Zeldaboy gets his locomotive classifications from, they was no LNER "A0" class, at least not that I can find reference to. As for Gordon, it is a huge shame it is stored out of use at Highley, as far as I know it does not require too much work to get it going again.
The A0 was supposedly the A1's unbuilt prototype.

There's some 'information' here: http://www.pegnsean.net/~railwayseries/rss-a0-Pacific.htm

I would like to see two things:

1. Nothing baked as baking is horrible when not done right, and I only know of 4 people who do it right.
2. More pioneering locomotives. British pioneering locomtives.

Rocket and Der Adler are both already in Trainz. They may be built to UTC or '04 specifications but they're there.

I'd like to see 'Planet' 2-2-0 There's also a replica around which details can be gathered from. It's a bit out of the way for N3V but I'm sure some letters or emails would dig up some great specs from which this quaint little locomotive can be modelled.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Kieran, watch some of the Fan Thomas Trainz video's on Youtube, and WildnorWestern talks about Gordon arriving as a A0 Prototype LNER Flying Scotsmen.

Last edited:
Back