The USA Route Building Competition

All competitors please go see the screenshots thread ans see if neil should be allowerd to compete and them post here on a thumbs up or down. thanks.

Edit: Rather than post again i'll just edit. My route is nearly done and i can send a few people a CDP with all of the dependencies and the route. PM me if you want the file for testing. I will not be posting a session though.

Last edited:
Great, it has been seen by quite a few folks, in both video and screens, much of the content is on the DLS but there is some that isn't, its my Withlacoochee River Rwy, its only 1, make that ONE board.

Most of the DLS content involves the structures, trees and of course, textures, figures and vehicles, most of the trains can be found at

http://www.trainzeasterroutes.com/

http://www.trainzproroutes.org/

http://www.steammachine.com/bdaneal/index.htm

I will work on it a little to spoof it up for competition.............:) :) :)

Well if you have a problem with it bug someone who cares. Some people may want to join, and now i'm picking a specific theme. If you have a problem post it somewhere else. All i am trying to do is have some fun with trainz and have a small contest with a theme. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that, but i am trying to run a small contest, and i would appreciate it if you would not post your complaints here.

copy cat ! copy cat ! copy cat !

Ok. I'm a little confused..... I just said what i felt. Where am i copying from, and is it a crime? Oh well.... Back to buisness. Can i getthe rest of the competitors votes? Is the ultra mega route allowed to enter or not? If you don't decide i will, and i don't know how well you'lle like it (me deciding will just up the # of baseboards but still...

I didn't mean to cause any problems - if the UMR is way too big, I totally understand and will happily withdraw from the competition.

Just a question though - is the contest based on how it looks, or how it runs? Or a combination of both? Or is it just what anyone likes best?

Just wondering, as you could make the most beautiful, extremely-detailed route, but if it's so taxing on a processor that hardly anyone can run it, does that make a good route? Or conversely, a route that is very dull-looking but will run on the most basic computer may not be the best route either.

Anyway, just my two cents. And I will totally support your decision as to whether the UMR is in or out.

Thanks

n

Just wondering, as you could make the most beautiful, extremely-detailed route, but if it's so taxing on a processor that hardly anyone can run it, does that make a good route? Or conversely, a route that is very dull-looking but will run on the most basic computer may not be the best route either.

or the UMR Which does BOTH!

It's mostly about looks, but a little on both. It all dpends on a voters opinion in the end though. The voter will not be able to say something like: This route sucks because it's too big to run on my computer. It's mostly about looks. Besides, the route dosn't look that bad to me.

Fair enough - and as I said, I will gracefully accept whichever way the decision goes regarding the UMR.

If anyone is interested in trying it out though, it is available on a limited basis until the website is fully up and running.

To try it out, feel free to email me at:

neilsmith749@msn.com

and I'll send you the link.

Thanks to all,

Cheers

n

Well, you are allowed in. I have asked the rest of the competitors in this thread twice, and on the screen thread and they never answered, so i'll decide as contest manager. I say you are allowed in.

Fair enough - and as I said, I will gracefully accept whichever way the decision goes regarding the UMR.

If anyone is interested in trying it out though, it is available on a limited basis until the website is fully up and running.

To try it out, feel free to email me at:

neilsmith749@msn.com

and I'll send you the link.

Thanks to all,

Cheers

n

Nah, don't bow out, stay with it, the more the marrier...........:D:D:D

hey dont worry bout ski. he's aright he just acts weird. ignore him if he starts goin off on you. just work on your route, show him a pic here and there, and he's happy as a tornado in a trailer park. :D that's what i did anyway...:p

It's in the first thread as an update. It's a work in progress NJT route, being given earlier than anyone else. I t will go public eventually, but after a lot of testing and all. The winner can get it a minimum of a month in advance. See the "What will you win" Section.

so i get a route a few days early? what if i dont like it? then what do i have to show for my efforts? just messin with you i'm sure it will be fine...

Back