MP15AC Information

Hello, all. Chris here.

I have 2 questions someone with railroading knowledge would know.

1. Are MP15AC's fitted with turbo or non-turbo 12-645E engines?
2. Has anyone made an appropriate cab for these locos? The Auran default ones look horribly outdated.

Before anyone asks, i have looked around on Google to no avail. Any help at all is appreciated.

I ask this because i plan on making a reskin of volusia's excellent model in a well-known fictional scheme.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Why do people call them turbo and none turbo, I've seen people refer the roots-blower as a supercharged engine, they also call a turbo a supercharged engine, *scratches cosmic head*

Why do people call them turbo and none turbo, I've seen people refer the roots-blower as a supercharged engine, they also call a turbo a supercharged engine, *scratches cosmic head*

A turbo does the same job as the supercharger – force more air into the car's engine to make more power. However, a turbo uses a turbine and is NOT connected to the crankshaft. Instead of the engine, the turbo gets driven by the engine's exhaust gases.

A turbo does the same job as the supercharger – force more air into the car's engine to make more power. However, a turbo uses a turbine and is NOT connected to the crankshaft. Instead of the engine, the turbo gets driven by the engine's exhaust gases.

I thought that a supercharger used air before it enters the engine and the turbocharger uses the exhaust gases from the engine. Am I right or wrong?

Usually a turbo is powered by exhaust gases to increase pressure to the cylinders and a supercharger is usually engine driven ie: belt or mechanically driven, you also can have both systems used,a lot of the Detroit diesels use both. please note I said usually.

I believe both are sometimes used to prevent turbo lag, and it is usually two turbines..one driven by exhaust out to spool the other forcing air in. Some cars re-circulate exhaust gas back in (no turbo) by means of a thermactor to help with emissions I believe, but not turbo.

Back