GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Swicher22_zpso4pmg1a6.png

GDentish,

I love in Brisbane and if you want I could get some photos of the interior of the PB15 that operates here. Would that help? (anything to help you in your project!)

#*****OutForPB15?

Yes.

GDentish,

I love in Brisbane and if you want I could get some photos of the interior of the PB15 that operates here. Would that help? (anything to help you in your project!)

That would be amazing. If you could grab pictures of the cab as well as the valve gear or any side shots would be great. Does the PB15 that has walschaerts valve gear also reside there? I really need pictures of the valve gear.

Thank you so much!

GDennish

I am against Sketchup, but don't mean to come off as personally offensive. But the fact that it's just solid color adds more insult to injury, in this case. The way I see it, each texture is another file that needs to be called from the game, and the way the directory/data/details or whatever is received by the game adds more penalty, it's not just about the content of the texture file. This is all figure-work from what people have been saying, it's better to have a single large texture file than multiple smaller ones.

Maybe if you port it over to Blender, clean up a mass of vertices, and combine all those 64x64's into one bigger 256x256, and map the faces to that texture, it'll be OK.

Sorry that it offends you. That said, do you think you could help me with polishing this model into something that could actually be used in trainz? I know how to get the model from sketchup to blender but beyond that point I am completely lost.

Looking good GDennish. Please pardon me asking, but is that an all new PB15 or does it use some parts of the old Auran one? Whichever it looks wonderful.

Saturnr

Looking good GDennish. Please pardon me asking, but is that an all new PB15 or does it use some parts of the old Auran one? Whichever it looks wonderful.

Saturnr

All of the mesh is mine, and what isn't will be replaced soon enough. I have looked at the old model for references such as the placement of the hoses, but that's because I do not have good reference images of those areas.

I know this thread has been pretty much reserved for loco renders lately, but here is something a little different.
This is a Blender render of a bridge spline I'm currently working on called the Water Street Bridge.
b6d7ff889366a3f7f13879a227f3090a.jpg

Don't ask if I'm relessing because the answers no.
Working on the cab adding in alot of fine details don't care about the poly count
Swicher22_zpsg0bjqn2x.png

Swicher22_zpsrkjjjkuq.png

Gimme pigs will be treated poorly

Looks oh, so lovely, but do you not think that the mesh would be fully complemented by doubling the edges on that cylinder? Proportioning it to the rest of your model, it seems as if the real PB15 had a 16-sided round cylinder, where pictures show it was just as round as the boiler.

I know the round detail gets lost in texturing, but at least for the chrome render?

Tomix, that HAS to be a awesome model I see right now! I've seen the progression of this model since you've been showcasing it, and I must say, I'm hyped for it's release!

Back