GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

LB Foster Greaser Thingy
35933dd3ad2e40af4c47d874579771f4.jpg

6bcb11084e2fe7d51c3fa2b9ad0c20ac.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Nice work afe_uy and Mick.

Added some color with materials cause I was tired of seeing grey/white for so long...I keep redoing more and more parts on this guy!
Changes:
Footplate is now split, frame is visible from the top
smokebox saddle added
completely redone cowcatcher
edited the cylinders a tad and will continue to rework them

oP5zAST.png

Very nice render GDennish really loving that blue glossy shine you have there, Today i also made a Rock LOL.
5a51222f571936e292df5c2f3025764f.jpg

Very large rock but after having looked at Dino's rocks and sum rocks used by the Trainzitalia boys making rocks isn't as easy as i thought, In game.
fd86d1ee3ee9662a002163698b2c7c52.jpg

Cheers Mick.:hehe:

I'll be releasing the PB15 in pretty much any configuration they had, i.e livery choice, alterations between the walschaerts and stephenson version, etc.

Mick that is a worthy rock of it's time!

Last edited:
The PB15 class never had knuckle couplers. All of QGR or QR (depending on your preference!) steam locos had screw couplings. Those that have survived and retained for heritage operation by QR have automatic couplers which were installed from the late 90's. None of those locos are the PB class however.

It was an idea i thought up that an American shortline bought a PB15 back in the steam days, then preserved it once they had converted to diesel power. My thought was they had replaced the screw links with knuckle couplers and replaced the vac brakes with a Westinghouse air brake system so it would be compatible with their work after it arrived. Even if it didn't happen it could still be a very plausible scenario.

Yes, IF a PB was restored for mainline working in Queensland now it would get auto couplers. It should be noted that 732 which was in heritage service until the mid 90's however is highly unlikely to be restored. The PB's are just not powerful enough to handle the modern timings and passenger loads needed to make their revenue productive.

Giving this guy some much needed love. All new parts:

0ccc7cd277348afffb7e6ef5736578a7.png

Finally made it back to the B&O museum last week so hopefully that means a rebuild of the WM well cars too.

edh6 --

Love that "works grey" colour. Would it be possible to have one in that colour once it's finished?

Phil

Definitely, the specific loco I'm basing the model on spent a year running in works grey on the Welsh Highland before getting it's final livery (as shown above by Nathan).

Back