GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Well, since I'm finishing up the EMD loco, and with the recent re-release of the old PB-15 Content Creator files, I'm in the process of Rebuilding the Loco, using the cab mesh as the bases.
PB-15Rebuild_zps1768e9d5.png

Nice work Christian!

In case your station gets wires, I might have a little gadget where just the engine underneath is missing :hehe:

It's a german pantograph type SBS10 used on many old electric engines from the 30s.

Cheers
Sachsenbahner

02cf16ecff4607b79f2f3b832000c1b2.jpg

Nice work Christian!

In case your station gets wires, I might have a little gadget where just the engine underneath is missing :hehe:

It's a german pantograph type SBS10 used on many old electric engines from the 30s.

Cheers
Sachsenbahner

Great looking model there, fits just about all Altbau E-loks. As a 3D man I have to ask: Is that within the limits of TANE regarding use of polys? If yes, I have a lot of stuff sitting on my hard drives which finally can see virtual light.

I have been slowly adding further details to the locomotive's textures on the M class. It's really starting to come together now, although the roof will have to wait a little while. Hopefully get the wheels and motion all mapped out soon as well lol.

Click on the thumbnail to go to a larger render :)

Regards
Zec

Hello,

I do not suppose anyone would be interested on here taking on a QR 1900 Budd Railmotor? As I may require it for my route - QR NG South Coast Railway, and I am willing to assist with parts if required. I do have extensive diagrams and images.

2182.1181736000.jpg

Your welcome to PM myself.

Regards

M.Gitsham

Last edited:
I finally got inventor and 3ds max full activated onto the computer that I'm using and this is how far I got in 15-20 minutes of non stop work.
SBaNFGR.jpg

Sorry about the humongous screen, could figure out how to downsize the image in paint.

But now I know that it is completely do able to import from inventor to 3DS max as I am demoing in the screen below.
yKh1Lbe.jpg

Now I have to figure out how to get my object into trainz, anyone got any suggestions? I'm thinking about using the Trainz Importer that is available for 3DS Max 2012.

Last edited:
G'day marinemania,

...if that's a version of 3ds Max designated "12" (as you sau it is), then the exporter you are suggesting will work perfectly to export your 'work' into Trainz. If it is any earlier, then you should use the appropriate version's exporter. If the version of 3ds Max in use is 'later' than "12", then you CANNOT export any 'work' done in that version into Trainz, as there is no exporter written to accommodate versions later than "12"...

...incidentally, before you do, I would check that you have 3ds Max set up properly for Trainz (see the TrainzDevWiki for details). Assuming that you have most settings at their default values, I suspect that your building may be a lot bigger than you think it is (based on the default setting of the 3ds Max grid being 10 meter squares)...

...I would also question the wisdom, since you need 3ds Max to export your work in Inventor into Trainz of having to do the work in Inventor, when you could do it ALL in 3ds Max and save the extra step in the export...

Jerker {:)}

Progressive Rail's Shed based in Bill Wyoming the USA.
eedf863fa86a005dda5bf2aff1070af4.jpg

Fun Fact= The settlement is rumored to have begun after WW1 when a doctor moved there. It was called "Bill" by the doctor's wife due to a number of men in the area with that name.
And here is the UP Yard Office at Bill just down the road from the Progressive Rail Shops.

I only had one pic to go off from the front showing the wooden sign above the door which i think is pretty cool, But this will fill a void till i can do better.
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Back