FTP for download station

andy101

Hi there I cannot download with download helper so I have to use FTP
but I cannot use it either because it asks me my password right and username so i type it useing my CORRECT PASSWORD and my CORRECT USERNAME (no mistakes in either) in and then I click ''OK'' then it asks me it again saying it is all incorrect when it is completly

If you can't help me with that can you help me by telling me how to reinstall
Trainz Download Helper:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Try going to the DLS online and opening a download page for an asset. Copy and paste the FTP login information located on this page into your FTP client login screen. This will save typing the multitude of characters that are easily confused particularly 0 and O which are pretty similar looking especially when the type is really small.

If anything, I recommend using an actual FTP client such as Ipswitch's WinFTP or another such as Cute FTP. These are more reliable than FTP through a browser which can have problems with non-anonymous logins.

HTH

John

What you mean the one on the download page
sure me user name and password is for auran, this forum and donwload station and planet auran

I would like to make sure if your 1 year FTP is out and what you have run slow than you need a new one Mario

Ok,

Can you try that again in English?

FTP = File transfer Protocol :- this always downloads at full speed and there is no time limit.

The disadvantage of using FTP is that it does not download any dependencies - you have to find them yourself.

Puzzled,
Colin

Back