error message and nothing works to fix it

spiderwheels65

I posted this thread and similar ones seeking help to this problem, I have tried all that has been suggested ,but NOTHING seem to fix this problem.

There is no support because trs 2006 had not been tested with windows 7, which anyone can understand because windows 7 was not out when 2006 came out,fair enough, but surely there must be a solution that works to solve this problem.

I have now had to except that I can no longer download content from the dls.
It also means that I have paid for a FCT that is no use to me. I am very disappointed.

Thread posted
I have a new p.c with windows 7
When I click onto the content item download, I get the following error message:

"unable to register trainz URL registry key."

After clicking this message off , the content manager open and the item is in the download box, I click start and it downloads , so I thought , but when I open my game , the item I just downloaded is not installed.

Last edited:
Are you sure that the DL has completed? Currently, I am unable to download items of 3MB or greater - the download appears to have completed but is not installed. This issue is not widespread but has been reported on a number of occasions. I suspect it is not a Windows 7 problem (I am using XP for example).

I download exclusively by way of ftp ... nothing else works.

I wonder myself. I'm running 2009 on XP sp3, and can't dpwnload anything larger than about 1.6 MB using CM2. But when the free 1st Class ticket was available last week I had no problems at all, no matter what the file size. Now that's over, and it chokes on larger downloads again.

I was getting that error yesterday in TRS2006 on Win XP_SP3. This morning I am not getting the error, but my FCT is not registered on TRS2006, although it is on TS2010, and in my PA profile.

This may all go back to the server problems at Auran.

FW

See http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=6513 for your issue regarding the Trainz URL key issue.
I have done every that is mentioned inthe above thread and still nothing works.
I was playing trs 2006 last night, the game its self seems to work fine for about an hour, but noooooo, out of the blue, stuttering , poor perfomance and freezing, then it would not shut down. Yes I have checked graphic card setting etc.

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:'(

I posted this thread and similar ones seeking help to this problem, I have tried all that has been suggested ,but NOTHING seem to fix this problem.

There is no support because trs 2006 had not been tested with windows 7, which anyone can understand because windows 7 was not out when 2006 came out,fair enough, but surely there must be a solution that works to solve this problem.

I have now had to except that I can no longer download content from the dls.
It also means that I have paid for a FCT that is no use to me. I am very disappointed.

Thread posted
I have a new p.c with windows 7
When I click onto the content item download, I get the following error message:

"unable to register trainz URL registry key."

After clicking this message off , the content manager open and the item is in the download box, I click start and it downloads , so I thought , but when I open my game , the item I just downloaded is not installed.

Well folk, I got this to work, don't ask me how, but I have downloaded some content.

Now if I can just get the game from freezing up , I'd be totally happy

Last edited:
Tell me about it!:eek:

I hope to find a windows vista laptop to replace my windows 7 toshiba laptop!

Why?

Cause IT'S NO GOOD!

Tell me about it!:eek:

I hope to find a windows vista laptop to replace my windows 7 toshiba laptop!

Why?

Cause IT'S NO GOOD!

Windows 7 has nothing to do with it. Laptops don't run Trainz well due to the limitations in the graphics chips and CPUs that are used in them.

The register key error is fixed by running Content Manager as an Administrator.

John

Back