Auran gearing up

I hate to burst the bubble about kuid's, but when initially proposed, we were all able to pick our own numbers...if they were available.

Sorry,

Boco;)

When did it start? How long? How many? Does any really know?

This is very interesting.;)

I'd like to see the Horseshoe Curve TC version. A friend of mine is an NS engineer that drives the helper locos up and down the curve told me that Microsoft had a team studying the horseshoe curve presumably to make a route for MSTS. Don't know if that ever happened.
This route will be modeled in high detail from Altoona to Johnstown in the new MSTSX sim.

Most games have downloadable patches to correct "issues", you don't have to buy the new edition.​

The problem of signals not working prototypically has always been there, try putting a passing loop on a curve. It doesn't matter what sig you put before the junction an AI train picks the shortest route. Now it seems these sort of issues might be solved, but why has it taken so long to do so?
Couldn't this have been fixed in TRS2006 or even 2004? Should we just move all our routes to TC3 to get proper signalling? I suppose Auran would like us all to dump earlier TRS and just use TC!
:wave:​
Damned if you do and damned if you don't (somehow I saw this one coming). The reasons why Auran have switched to the TC marketing method have been well documented here, and the TC3 signalling system I personally wouldn't classify as a 'patch', it's a rewrite.

Nobody is being forced to buy TC3 if they don't want to, the old system sort of works and if you are not interested in the content (mind you TC3 is far more than new content) then wait a couple of years for the next US (or whatever) based package. In the meantime the rest of us will have been enjoying the new particle effects and steam physics.

Paul

Last edited:
You mean an updated CCG for TC?

Like the one that already exists? :)

I think you'd better take scuba lessons.

Got that 1 already .. does not cover the NEW features ;) .. more interested in an Update , and since there appears to be a shortage of staff , I might just have to continue with the lessons.:p

Sci

TC3,
Anticipation :udrool: :mop: .
When can we pre-order, I want to be first in the queue :D .
User ID 79155, genuine Auran allocated :wave: .

DaveW

Got that 1 already .. does not cover the NEW features ;) .. more interested in an Update , and since there appears to be a shortage of staff , I might just have to continue with the lessons.:p

Sci
Sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realise you were expecting the CCG for TC3 before it's gone gold.

Good thing Auran has a reasonably regular release schedule otherwise there's some old friends we'd never get to see. :wave:

The last buy for me ( unless miracles happen ) so all I really need is the pdf and they're rid of me :hehe:

I think Brian said it best >

Most interesting things are no longer in the off-topic forum, but off-forum altogether.
It's only a game, and the direction of the game and the forums is always going to be controlled by people who are here for very different reasons to those of us that use them.
Smiley.

Take care Allan ... might see you elsewhere if M$ can put a game togethter properly .

Lyle :wave:

Oh for g*ds sake you lot, just click on any of the links given to you to the TC3 web site and read it before you make any more daft and pointless comments about it not being this and that for you.
I for one can't wait for my updated and vastly improved version of trainz. :wave:

Impressive! Now the milion Euro question: If I get TC 3, can I import my 04 layout? Can I continue creating it in TC 3? Will everything or most of what I have from the "old" Trainz system works in TC 3? I other words, we are talking about compatibilities here. Maybe?

Oh for g*ds sake you lot, just click on any of the links given to you to the TC3 web site and read it before you make any more daft and pointless comments about it not being this and that for you.
I for one can't wait for my updated and vastly improved version of trainz. :wave:

Believe it or not, some of us have read the TC3 website and decided there's not really anything of interest for us.

I know it's hard to grasp that some of us naysayers have the common sense to do something like that, but it's true! :confused:

Hello

Most of the veteran Trainz members that have posted in this thread I know have already read the TC3 Website features page and I have to agree everyone is entitled their own opinion.:wave:

Just posted the link up, just incase it gets updated this week once Rob makes his announcement this week.:)

Regards

Ahsan:)

Impressive! Now the milion Euro question: If I get TC 3, can I import my 04 layout? Can I continue creating it in TC 3? Will everything or most of what I have from the "old" Trainz system works in TC 3? I other words, we are talking about compatibilities here. Maybe?
You can import older routes, but you'll have the problem that legacy content is not included and if you import it into TC3 you'll need to be sure there are no errors in it by checking it with CMP.

Paul

Back