Auran Developments News

If Voluntary Administration is similar to Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US then this whole complicated financial mess will be up to the Judge. That's the point. Auran will have to give up some control to the courts. In the US Chapter 11 company submits a turnround plan to the court for approval. Creditors are lined up in order of importance (credit position is determined by law) usually bankruptcy lawyers are first then taxes then employees then secured creditors and then unsecured creditors. The judge has the final say as to what plan is in the best interest of all involved. The judge can let the business continue to operate or order liquiation.:confused:

Um... maybe two different servers? Or the fact that it clearly states "...Parts of the site have been taken offline..."?

:eek:
To my memory the DLS is on a server in the US and the forum is on a server in Brisbane.

Although it was some time that this was mentioned, things may have changed.

Craig
:):):)

Hah, doesnt surprise me that trainz got more business than fury.
Theres plenty of online freeware MMORPG games out there that have limited the expansion for new games, hence, FURY.
But, the reason why trainz was kept as a leader, was because its versataility, that Kuju and MSTS doesnt have.
Just an update to the game servers, and trainz would be leader of railroading simulators.
Cheers,
Sean

CMP doesn't seem to want to attempt to connect to the DLS, but FTP still works. You just have to be patient with the pages they are there for about ten minutes at a time with about five minutes down-time.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but a podcast featuring one of the Fury programmers who lost his job last Thursday appeared at australiangamer.com over the weekend. If you want a glimpse of the human side of this event from an ex-Auran insider, it's an interesting download.

Several years ago now, Railroad Simulator Professional (RSP) was a propose start over.

That's what I have been preaching around these parks for a long while now ...

But Auran went the module way ... I see myself slowly pulling away and leaving trainz behind ...

However, if they ever revisit RSP it would be a refreshing start, for sure!!!

Ish

So, it's official! Auran Developments has put itself into Voluntary Receivership, so all our concerns were obviously well-founded!

Unfortunately, the first thing to be done was for the staff to be dismissed, with promises that any pay owed would be forthcoming together with any accrued annual leave etc.

For those employees, many of whom will have a family to support, the next few weeks will be a worrying time for them - I know, I was in the same position three times during the "glorious" Thatcher years!

So, if any of Auran's former employees are looking into the forum (and I doubt if you'll be able to stay away for long, as many of you were also Trainz enthusiasts!) then may I wish you the best of luck in finding another job that you like, quickly!

......and Thank You for the help and support you have provided since Trainz was just a little concept ten years ago (while some of us were toying with Mechanik and Boso View Express (BVE) ) with a free 3D render from the Auran site given us every now and again to keep us in suspense!
I had no idea, so many Trainz users were also bankruptcy attorneys:D

Actually Ahsan, if you read the statement properly, ALL employees were sacked, so yes, Lance did lose his job, as did all the Trainz team, however some were to be rehired to continue with TC3. Hopefully someone at Auran Games will make a proper announcement shortly (time to step up to the plate Mr Hilliam...)

Cheers
Tony

Actually Ahsan, if you read the statement properly, ALL employees were sacked, so yes, Lance did lose his job, as did all the Trainz team, however some were to be rehired to continue with TC3. Hopefully someone at Auran Games will make a proper announcement shortly (time to step up to the plate Mr Hilliam...)

Cheers
Tony

Hello

All employees(Fury) of Auran Development not Auran Games.

Regards

Ahsan
North American Trainz Team

Cheers
Tony

Hello

Yes I did read it properly and I don't want to say no more on this, I'll leave it to Auran to make another statement on this.

Looks like Auran Christmas holidays are approaching this week

Regards

Ahsan:)
North American Trainz Team

There goes everyone getting their exersize again. JUMPING to conclusions, RUNNING over at the mouth. Wait untill Auran makes an announcment. Then the answers they feel is necessary will be given.

Bill

There are many people still saying that not all of Auran are in danger, and that the Trainz franchise is safe.

I have a few things to say about this:

1) To quote a news report linked to earlier:

"A company insider confirmed that administrators have taken over Auran Development, the parent company of all Auran companies including publishing arm Auran Games."

The future of Trainz will be decided in the coming weeks by the administrators and Auran. Tony is saying what any CEO would say in this situation. What else would you expect him to say?

2) I was hoping that when all this "Trainz Classics" nonsense was over with, we would get a real successor to TRS2006, but this doesn't look like it's going to happen now. But now, more importantly ------>

3) I don't really care about a new game that I can play on my computer, or the level of support I can get for the current version. It's not real life. Those people who have lost their jobs suddenly, and right on top of Christmas, are the only worry any of us should really have.

4) If the reports are to be believed (and they may come with a pinch of salt), Tony Hilliam is said to be moving on too, so it may not be his call to make.

It's really sad to see this happen to Auran.
The signs were there a long time ago, and some of us pointed them out at the time, but it's still not what any of us wanted.

Hindsight would tell them that investing a sizable amount of that $15 million into the Trainz franchise would have been a better bet, with a much more stable community to sell the product to at the end of it (compared to the already over-crowded online role-playing market).

Trainz definitely took a back seat when Auran started working on Fury.
That was evident in many ways.
They would have been better off sticking with a genre that they had a foot-hold in, and pushed forward with that instead (much like Greg's original RSP vision).

I just hope that they can salvage something so that the remaining staff keep their jobs.

Fearing the worst, but hoping for the best,
Smiley.

1) To quote a news report linked to earlier:

"A company insider confirmed that administrators have taken over Auran Development, the parent company of all Auran companies including publishing arm Auran Games."

I would say that as that was the only one that said that (that I've seen) there's a good chance they got it wrong. Not that unusual in journalism, especially Internet journalism.

If Classics is the means to keep Trainz going I'd argue against it being nonsense personally.

I can't argue with the comments about investing all that money in another MMORPG type game though.

Mike.

Well look at it this way all, you're still here and the forum is still here and the Download Station is still here and the Trainz Chat is still here and I'm still here. Enjoy and Happy Holidays to all. :)

Cheers

AJ

Well look at it this way all, you're still here and the forum is still here and the Download Station is still here and the Trainz Chat is still here and I'm still here. Enjoy and Happy Holidays to all. :)

Cheers

AJ

Happy holidays to you too.

And yeah, we should stop butting into Auran's business (and butting our heads as a result).

Maybe the best resolution would be to lock this thread. :wave:

Back