Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

I've recently been working on ANOTHER mini-route, this one just a single board, but designed to be placed to the south of the main Bridgehampton Metro map. It was really just a testbed for Boat's excellent new traffic lights (it features 4 sets in various configurations), but I'll finish and release it when I'm happy... (still a lot of work to do)

Screen_150-1.jpg

Screen_149.jpg

Screen_144.jpg

Screen_148-1.jpg

Screen_146-1.jpg

Screen_151-1.jpg

Screen_153-1.jpg

Screen_154-1.jpg

I've been doing some more work on Hampton Mall... this mini-route may be ready for release fairly soon.

Screen_159-1.jpg

Screen_160-1.jpg

Screen_161-1.jpg

Screen_162-1.jpg

Screen_163-1.jpg

Screen_164.jpg

Screen_165.jpg

Screen_166-1.jpg

Paul

I've been doing some more work on Hampton Mall... this mini-route may be ready for release fairly soon.

Screen_159-1.jpg

Screen_161-1.jpg

Screen_162-1.jpg

Paul

Sorry about quoting the pictures. I removed the ones where it is less odvious, You may want to lower that catenery as it seems abit high. The route looks great though!

phil
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited:
But if I run Denis_fr's Citadis or any of the Modula City trams it's perfect, In fact it's designed to match those things exactly. Unfortunately, there is no exact standard for these things...

Paul

Still plugging away slowly. I'll be re-fitting the main route with BOAT's ATLS traffic light system, and re-building the overhead, so that will still be a long time coming. I should also upgrade my memory before I get into that.

The two mini routes may well be finished sooner. There's not a lot to do on the Bridgehampton South 1 board route - it's mostly a test bed for ATLS anyway. The Hampton Mall route has just had a 2 board rural extension added, so I'll finish that bit before I release it.

My next release will probably be my next Westhaven Route, which I'm getting beta tested now.

So I'm not totally idle... just really slow.

Paul

Last edited:
It's alive! The thread's alive!

Now you've nearly finished westhaven costal, are you coming back to this again? It's too good just to put down.

Made a start the other day on changing most of the crossings and road junctions over to ATLS, and replacing most of the overhead on the main route. There's still quite a few areas needing scenery finishing as well, so although it's my next project, it won't be finished for a long while yet...

Paul

Nice city shot there Paul. Loving it. I must ask you once more about objects you've used (you are a cunning weasel); What is the church in the background? What is the hotel on the left behind the modern statue?

Cheers,
Greg.

The hotel is by Domsarto - I think it might be called Central Hotel. The Church is 286036:28102 on the DLS.

More magpie than weasel... :eek:

Paul

It is Black Adder and I think we're on topic, unless you have screenshots of Bridgehampton yourself.

Paul, thank you for the KUID, great find.

Mindblowing

I have been absent from the community about 5 yrs. Yes real life and jobs got in the way but it is good to be back and then find this. This is a fantastic layout I am completely speechless and amazed. :udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :D

I was once working on my own tram and city layout but it in no way compares to this. Very very well done!! I can hardly wait to get my hands on this and check it out. But until there I am inspired to restart work on my own creation.

PS: glad to see that my road creations are still being used (I never did finish all that I had planned to make so sorry guys!) and that Andi06 has carried on and really developed the concept.

@ Red - I don't have one at the moment unless it's in this thread. I can take one for you when I next have the route loaded. I have a added another small island in the foreground, so I'll probably have to work around that.

Are you going to let us know the reason or are you enjoying being mysterious? :p

@mgreen48 - Good to see you back in the forums. I'm still using a lot of your stuff regularly (mostly roads). I think I may have used your under-construction skyscrapers a few times too.

What you see in this thread is actually three routes, which may one day grow into each other. I'm hoping to get the smallest one out in the next month or two. The largest is probably over a year away...

By the way, can I ask what your policy is on re-skins and re-use of textures? I'm working on some additional pavement (sidewalk) splines and corners similar to what Andi06 was working on, and it may be handy to use some of you textures, or re-skin some of your roads with my textures.

Paul

Back