Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

Hi Isaac,

No, this isn't the place... but it brings this thread back to the top, so what the ***

However, that’s a bit beyond me at the moment. I only started using GMax seriously about a month ago so I'm just bumbling around with it really. I think an expert would be appalled…. And if you look closely, my T lights don’t have a lot of finesse!
:(

I’m sure someone else will have a go…. Or give me a year or two!

Boat

Sorry Boat,

I thought.... Oh never mind ;). You've got a PM in your box.

An actual new screenshot in this thread...

Screen_082-1.jpg

....see, it's not totally vapourware... :eek:

Paul

An actual new screenshot in this thread...

{Photo Removed for those who get annoyed when someone quotes a photo ;)}

....see, it's not totally vapourware... :eek:

Paul

Hey Paul!

Good to see Bridgehampton is still going steady! I've got several new items myself coming out onto the American Trainz Market. May I ask, where did those nice glass towers come from? They'll do wonders on a route or two of mine!

Cheers and Keep Going at it!

Isaac Grove

Hi Paul... and all :wave:

My Pelicans are finally on the DLS...........

kuid:76656:500003 & kuid:76656:500004

Let me know how you find them!

Boat

Hi Paul

Great work, still growing, nice to see your some of the nice Britsh content thatci have discovered, the nice terraces by a couple of authors and shoves buildings that are just great.

Only wish what I created looked that good, maybe it will change with the L&BR monorail, think it looking ok.

Tom

P.S. Myself I rather the small images, yours are really clear and give me a great view and easyer on my slow connection.

Last edited:
@Isaacg - Most of the buildings you can see in that shot are by Polish creators (some by kilanziom perhaps). I'll check kuids when I have the route up next. They are all fairly recent, and mostly on the DLS (I think).

@Boat - they're downloaded - expect to see them on one of my routes soon(ish).

@Greg - That cobble texture is by Andi06, part of his street kit. The pavement is by mcortes from the DLS. That last shot is in fact between diverging tracks at the approach to the central station, hence the wasteland look.

@Everyone - thanks for your kind comments - I will finish it one day - promise :eek:

Paul

Pelican Crossing 9Mtr problem

Hi Paul & All.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread again but its fast becoming THE thread for Street Fans………. And you said you were going to use my Pelican Crossings, so……

There is a problem with the 9 Metre version. The plan was that putting a ‘train’ (from AJS’s Traffic Controller) on the ‘90 degrees to the road’ track would set the Pelican Crossing to operate. That’s fine.

The other two tracks, set parallel to the road were there to connect trams track to, and run trams across. These were not intended to operate the Pelican Crossing….. But they do!
Trainz sees the approaching tram as a ‘train coming’ and operates the crossing and stops the traffic. Of course it does – Doh! I only realised this when I used them myself in a proper scenario!!!

The workaround for now will be to NOT connect tram track to the ‘parallel to the road’ track. Just use it as a guide and lay your tram track over that invisible track. I’ll see if I can come up with a fix and issue a kuid2, but since the Trainz Native coding does this, I doubt if there is one…. Other than removing the ‘tram track’ attachment points altogether!

Sorry for the mess up. :'(

Boat

Hi Boat

Probably wrong thread but as you said it's been hi-jacked by street scene.

I am using your Pelican crossings on a tram layout. They will only work if connected to another Pelican crossing. Am I doing something wrong or can they not be used as a stand alone feature?

I tried connecting both the invisible tracks at 90deg to the road but it wouldn't work. Connecting to another Pelican and it does!

Do you have an instruction site somewhere?

Regards
Coachman888

Hey Paul!

How's progress? I'm dying to see more of B'hampton. Also, I'd like to comment about the reskins of Cosey's BN LRVs... have you decided to release them, or has he denied permission for you to release?

Cheers!
Isaac Grove

I'm making a bit of progress at the moment (the PC with my Westhaven project in TRS2004 on it has died - don't worry it's probably only the Motherboard, and I have a recent backup). I'll post some screens when I have something to show.

Cosey has given me permission to upload the LRV re-skins. They are almost complete, except for the destination textures.

I was thinking of having a go at re-skinning Denis_fr's Citadis trams too, but I haven't asked him yet...

Paul

I'm making a bit of progress at the moment (the PC with my Westhaven project in TRS2004 on it has died - don't worry it's probably only the Motherboard, and I have a recent backup). I'll post some screens when I have something to show.

Cosey has given me permission to upload the LRV re-skins. They are almost complete, except for the destination textures.

I was thinking of having a go at re-skinning Denis_fr's Citadis trams too, but I haven't asked him yet...

Paul

That sounds good Paul! I'm looking forward to the BN LRV and Citadis as well. I was thinking of reskining PTram's combino(with permission, of course)

Isaac Grove

Hi Boat

Probably wrong thread but as you said it's been hi-jacked by street scene.

I am using your Pelican crossings on a tram layout. They will only work if connected to another Pelican crossing. Am I doing something wrong or can they not be used as a stand alone feature?

I tried connecting both the invisible tracks at 90deg to the road but it wouldn't work. Connecting to another Pelican and it does!

Do you have an instruction site somewhere?

Regards
Coachman888

Hi CoachMan,

Yes, they should work on their own but you will need to use an AJS Traffic Controller - Kuid2:122285:1152:1 to make it operate. (See my Properties Dialogue Box). There are instructions in the AJS Traffic Controller asset as well. You need to connect this to either of the 90 degree tracks.

As I say, the only problem is, don't use the parallel rail tracks in the 9Mtr version.

Perhaps I didn’t make this quite clear, so I’ll do some instructions and post them in 'Freeware Announcements' when I get chance. Look out for a thread called 'Pelican Crossing Instructions'. It may be a few days before I have time though.

Future things about Pelicans can then be posted there giving this thread back to Paul!!! Sorry.

Boat

Finally - more screenshots....

Heading North...

Screen_083.jpg

Screen_084.jpg

Screen_086-1.jpg

Screen_087.jpg

Screen_088.jpg

Crossing the viaduct and elevated section out of the main station.

Screen_089-1.jpg

Screen_101-1.jpg

Bowes Street station.

Screen_090-1.jpg

Westward Heath (High Level) - is this familiar to anyone?

Screen_091.jpg

Viaduct over the canal.

And that'll do for now. I also have some shots taken running South - I'll post those later...

Paul

This route is going to be SO awesome. Any release date yet?

In a word - No!

There's not a huge number of blank boards left, but there is an awful lot that I'm not happy with in many areas of the route. I may also need to look at rationalising the assets used in some areas so you don't need a super-computer to run it...

At the same time, I'm also putting the finishing touches to the second Westhaven route (which is stuck on my dead PC at the moment), and I've also made a start to two new projects (I know I shouldn't). One of these is an outer suburban module which will later become a part of Bridgehampton Metro, and the other is totally unrelated. I'll post some pictures of the suburban module later.

Paul

p.s. It's getting on for 2 years now... I think I started in September 2006.

Last edited:
As promised - some pics of the suburban module, to be entitled "Hampton Mall"

Screen_093-1.jpg

Through the shopping centre car-park.

Screen_100-1.jpg

I've been playing with signals... :p

Screen_102-1.jpg

A bit of an aerial view. The route will be about 4 boards, stretching from a business park in open countryside, past a major out-of town shopping centre, and then heading towards the city...

And that's all for now...

Paul

Back