NYCTA F1 IRT Route

Andres_Nunez

Buffalonian
Many eons ago when Microsoft Train Simulator was the go-to train sim for many, there were 3 routes which were created by the same content creator i believe which simulated operations on the New York city subway. One of those always stuck out to me because of the number of activities (or sessions) as we call it and the abundance of rolling stock available for it, this was the F1 IRT 1904 route. There was a modern version labelled F2 IRT, but it was not as fun. Anyway, the route had many prototypical features and some freelanced ones and provided many hours of fun to me and anyone else who had it. So after over a decade of modelling in Trainz, learning building techniques on the forums, watching others come and go making routes of all shapes and sizes and seeing the world go by; I've decided to jump in headfirst and bring back this route to Trainz and make it even grander.

For the past month or so I've posted on the NYCTA pics thread screen grabs from the route I've been making which is my reinterpretation of the F1 IRT route from MSTS. Now I'm dedicating it its own thread so I can share its progress with all of you and get feedback and critiques with the eventual goal of uploading to the DLS. It's going to be a long road, and I still have yet to learn on not burning myself out like many times before when I first tried making a route, but I have built enough that I do believe this will eventually become something.

The F1 IRT Remaster will include:
Broadway Line
Lexington Avenue Line
42nd Street Cutoff (Todays 42nd Street Shuttle)
Dyre Avenue Branch
White Plains Road Mainline
Woodlawn Mainline
Pelham Bay Line
3rd Avenue Line

And numerous smaller additions and spurs based on what if the real NYCTA did not run into fiscal problems.

As of posting this all of the progress completed has taken place in The Bronx with the first toeholds into Manhattan done over the weekend, the ultimate goal is to reach the lower tip of Manhattan at Bowling Green and South Ferry and all Northern Terminals for the IRT. If I feel up to it i may extend the line into Brooklyn, but it's too soon to tell and perhaps that'll be for a phase two project. In the meantime, here some screenies for everyone's enjoyment and I'll get back with more once I make more progress.

NOTE: The route is not meant to be prototypical. It will have a lot of freelanced elements. There are certain areas though which will be prototypical measured down to the last degree because of their significance to the route and to seeing it in real life. IE: Simpson street curve to name one.

Manhattan and the Bronx, Harlem River and the associated crossings.
PEVlJw.jpg

White Plains Road Mainline in the middle, the 3rd Avenue line on the left and the WIP of the Pelham Line on the far right. Towards the top you can see the signal work at the 180th St complex and the Dyre Avenue Branch
VmFcpr.jpg

Dyre Avenue Branch and the lower part of the White Plains Road Mainline. In this iteration of the Dyre Line, the NYCTA acquired the NYW&B ROW all the way to Mt. Vernon extending the line by one station and allowing for through express service up the Dyre Line.
bQsgHS.jpg

135th Street Interlocking, straight ahead for Lenox Routing and to the right for Bronx routing
j8kUCG.jpg

Lenox Yard and the Ramp to the Jerome Bypass
8KnYsy.jpg

9570YX.jpg

Polo Grounds Swing Bridge
FyuXLO.jpg

Jerome Bypass ramp to Woodlawn
RFsTxS.jpg

Mott Avenue Interlocking (4th rebuilt for those keeping track, probably will rebuild it several more times until satisfied)
PTun2o.jpg

River Avenue Portal looking to 161st Street
m4oLFR.jpg

St. Anns Interlocking
VaSMEG.jpg

150th St Connector and Interlocking
EiZXcr.jpg

ma6No7.jpg

Bronx Park Terminal Inteerlocking

RWcgpD.jpg

180th Street - Unionport Yard
6qm5kH.jpg

fkmwd3.jpg

179th Street Yard (3rd Ave Line Operations Base)
wDqJFN.jpg

Fordham Interlocking
hkUGgP.jpg

Whitlock Avenue Portal and Ramp (WPR Mainline in distance)
1ayHSp.jpg

WOW! I am amazed at the amount of effort you are putting toward these routes! Very well done!
Thank you!! Each station is kitbashed although since they are somewhat identical in a sense it gets easier with each one placed down. Plus alot of open source maps and diagrams make this a bit easier to do.

Had some free time today. Did some scenery work and reconstruction.

Pelham Bay Terminal
pzEri5.jpg

Pelham Bay Tower
mqLaAG.jpg

Buhre Avenue
c0wGHh.jpg

Middletown Road Looking West - Railroad South
2cqoXd.jpg

Westchester Yard Leads
HeRkUd.jpg

Westchester Yard
nUhK4o.jpg

Westchester Yard Train Shed and Diesel Shop
jeW93o.jpg

Overhead of Westchester Yard (Rebuilt the whole yard using Google Maps, Original Line Diagram and Fudging here and there)
m4QVXs.jpg

Since the Pelham line is the only other fully fleshed line other than the Dyre Branch. I'm going to work my way down each station until 138th Street. Then I'll work on the WPR stations. Got kind of burned out on laying track and switches, and before I forget the Pelham Line from Westchester Square to Pelham Bay is signaled; all three tracks including the yard are fully signaled.

Until next time,

Cheers

Went down the Pelham line and did some more station detailing. Still missing the tiny stuff like benches, stairs, station house but the basics are there. As I went station to station, I also placed signals on all three tracks.

Parkchester - 177th Street
t5oX0k.jpg

sfCAep.jpg

Whitlock Avenue detailing in progress
M4Oxvg.jpg

6x3IoO.jpg

pcHOGQ.jpg

REPHI4.jpg

Turned south and made a mad dash into midtown, tracks all laid out on the Lexington Avenue Trunk and platforms with stations marked. Signals and smaller details will go in later.

Harlem River Tubes
xBE5sq.jpg

Express Crossover looking south towards 125th Street
63OMny.jpg

Northbound Upper Level Exit from 125th Street (Middle track dives down and is the left side track NB above)
895PfH.jpg

Upper and Lower Levels of 125th Street
e5b8aI.jpg

125th Street Trackwork looking south, this was quite the challenge
WjmZqg.jpg

Minimap view of the Lexington Avenue Line
BLkRuP.jpg

Bonus Pic
I4lfsv.jpg

Current Status of Route
1 - 242nd St - South Ferry: Not Started, Looking for suitable bridge for 125th Street Viaduct
2 - 241st - Flatbush Avenue: 110th Street - 180th built, 180th St - Gun hill road marked out and track in place
3 - Lenox Terminal - New Lots: Lenox - 110th Street Built
4 - Woodlawn - Utica Heights: 149th Street GC - 42nd Street Built, tracks placed up to 167th St
5- Dyre Avenue - Bowling Green: Mt. Vernon - 42nd Street Built, Dyre branch to be rebuilt with new tunnels.
6 - Pelham Bay - City Hall: Pelham Bay - Pelham Bay - Hunts Point built, 125th St - 42nd St built, tracks placed through 125th - Hunts Point need stations and signals.
7 - Hudson Yards - Flushing: Heavily debating if to include
8 - 149th St - Gun Hill Road: 149th St - 181st Street built
9 - South Ferry - Woodlawn: 110th St - Anderson avenue built, Tracks placed to 167th St.

Yards
242nd Street: Not Started
241st Street: Not Started
180th Street: Tracks Placed, needs signals and train shed.
Unionport: Tracks Placed & fully signaled.
Westchester: Tracks placed & fully signaled; train shed WIP.
Lenox: Tracks placed, train shed WIP, needs signals.
Corona: See 7 above.
Mosholu: Not Started
179th Street: Fully Complete
Livonia: Not Started

Looking North from Gun Hill Road
vPhYKc.jpg

The 3% plus upgrade on Todt Hill headed towards 233rd Street
I1o604.jpg

Nereid Avenue switches, 241st - Wakefield in the distance, Wakefield yard leads on the left. I am not looking forward to Wakefield Yard and its Upper and Lower Yard levels and loop.
iSy3fZ.jpg

Cheers

Wakefield - 241st Street
jA85u3.jpg

MNLmyR.jpg

239th Street Yard - The car wash is not functional. i couldn't find one on the download station and one i had years ago disappeared off the internet. So, in its place is just a warehouse that looks like it, but it works somewhat.
AzFnHs.jpg

SjoNzM.jpg

Od73L5.jpg

been a while since i been here do to work and life but wow your have done amazing work look forward to when its completed and release bravo well done;)

Back