When will next service pack for TS12 be released?

bolivar

In light of the bug preventing the merging of layouts, as reported to the help desk and discussed in these threads:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=72176&highlight=merging+routes

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=79875&highlight=merging+routes

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=80308&highlight=merging+routes

My question to management at N3v is when will the next patch for TS12 be released? I have Ts12 sitting all pretty waiting to be used. nyet on that one as I can't merge routes. Ok for a bit of a run around the various layouts available, but totally useless for route building. There are also other bugs as discussed in various other threads still outstanding, but I won't go into those...as my main focus is the merge issue.

So, Zec Murphy or Windwlker or James Moody? It has been awhile now...

Last edited:
Tongue in cheek there,Windwalkr? Ihave every right to ask, as I have spent money on the simulator and it has failed not only my expectations but also your own advertising. Please be mature about the question. You don't know the answer? Admit to that. Don't throw petulant statements like that at me, nor any other enquiries made on this forum. Very poor form.

I have every right to ask, as I have spent money on the simulator and it has failed not only my expectations but also your own advertising.

You have every right to ask, but you have no reason to expect that we will answer your question more thoroughly than what I did above. We're not in the habit of providing release dates until we know with some certainty what they will be.

I don't know what your expectations were, but we've been quite happy with TS12.

chris

I agree with windwalkr, it will be ready when N3V feels it ready.
Releasing it before it is ready would only make a lot of people unhappy.
And for N3V to give a release date out would also lead to unhappy people. I prefer to come to the forum and find out that SP has been released.
Kenny

.. and even if they wait until they are ready before releasing another SP for TS12, there will be those who will complain that it was released too soon, that it was useless because it did not include their "most requested new feature", etc, etc.

Quite happy with TS12? What, With all the bugs including the aforementioned Merge issue? My expectation was that the sim would do as your advertising said it would, that is build routes. Maybe take a look at it from a customer viewpoint. All I wanted was a simple yea, nay or we don't know. That's all. No smart assing about , no anything , just a simple answer. It wasn't an attack, either. A bit of respect Chris, that's all I ask. Just that, nothing else.

smash: I was not suggesting releasing the service pack any earlier than need be. I just asked when. A simple answer, not insulting, would have sufficed.

pware: I don't complain about such things. Are you accusing me of doing so?, Or are you also going off on a tangent?

Please don't bother anymore replies, Chris. I will sit it out, alright?

Last edited:
My expectation was that the sim would do as your advertising said it would, that is build routes.

I'm building a 3500+ board route which I started in TS09, moved to TS10 and now have it in TS12. My personal experience is that TS12 is the most stable which has allowed me to make the most progress on the route to date.

All I wanted was a simple yea, nay or we don't know.

You actually asked for a date. As it is, you now know it will be released at some stage which is more than you did before asking. I don't see why you take such umbrage with Chris' response. "Kind regards" isn't particularly rude is it?

pfx: No that is not what has got up my goat, it is "It will be released when it's ready" statement. Sort of like don't you raise your head and ask..we will tell you when. That's the crux of it. Anyways I just shrug and take it on the chin. Now to move on. Yes I agree that TS12 is more sturdy and stable than TRS2010. That is why I am asking when as I would like to start route building in TS12. I've had the game for nearly a year and I still can't use it it for the original purpose that I bought it. Understand the exasperation? I also think that the graphics are a whole lot better than any predecessor. So the product does have good points. Best train sim in town? Absolutely. Easiest route building tools? Absolutely. Funny now I am singing its praises. (Did ya hear that Chris?) Have to chuckle as I pull my hair out. Goodnight all you trainz nerds. Where's that friggin' joint?

You have every right to ask, but you have no reason to expect that we will answer your question more thoroughly than what I did above. We're not in the habit of providing release dates until we know with some certainty what they will be.

I don't know what your expectations were, but we've been quite happy with TS12.

chris

Im surprised, after been useing many sims train, fly, etc I have read many questions and answers and I must say Chris yours is on a very low level....:(

Hi All
As Chris has said, any further updates will be released when we feel they are ready for release. We can't be any more specific, as we really don't know an exact date until they are basically ready for release. Even then, it could be delayed, and hence the release date changes... Hence, we do not announce it until it is actually released.

Chris' answer may have been a little blunt, however it is still accurate, and we cannot expand upon it much more without putting 'fluff' into the reply...

All we ask is that you be patient whilst we work to ensure that the update is the best it can be.

I do agree that it's better to have enough time for making upgrade, as Zec say. A same statement must be valid when the new edition is coming.

A little more problematic is WindWalkr's answer when he said:''I don't know what your expectations were, but we've been quite happy with TS12''. If N3V is quite happy that save and merge functions don't work properly, then something is really wrong. I'm very, very satisfied with this edition too, of course, if i don't care about the problems i have.

regards
celje

Last edited:
If N3V is quite happy that save and merge functions don't work properly, then something is really wrong. I'm very, very satisfied with this edition too, of course, if i don't care about the problems i have.

There's a difference between saying that we're happy with the product, and saying that it's guaranteed 100% free of all bugs.

We're happy with the product. We're aware that there are bugs which affect some people, and we are aware that some of them can be annoying- hence the service pack. If we thought there were no bugs, or that all the bugs were merely cosmetic, we wouldn't bother with a service pack.

chris

Hello WindWalkr

Wise answer, i admit. Thank you for him. I believe that you will do the best you can.
100% free of bugs is illusion, but is illusion to expect, that the basic functions, e.g. save, will work properly too?

best regards
celje

Last edited:
Quite a rant from bolivar and i don't quite understand it. If someone has bought Trainz and took the time to install it like it should be done,then install all patches,and then do a complete database search/repair,update all of their pc hardware before running Trainz at all they should have no porblem building routes or mergeing routes. Of all of the many years of Trainz versions i have i've had no problem with what bolivar is talking about. Each Trainz product is always better than the last one even if it's some little thing. Is Trainz perfect? No and may never be but it so far the best thing going today. There is no such thing as perfect software or bug free. People need to remember it's still made by humans and not machines. So be patient and enjoy your Trainz till another SP comes along. :) Alco_P-A
www.bigboytrainsandhobbies.com

i have i've had no problem with what bolivar is talking about./quote]

Hello Alco

Try and merge two built in route in TS12 e.g. Balezino with Mojave and you will get the experience. Of course if you know how to do this. And please let us know what you got.

Last edited:
Small routes such as flat one board ones merge OK large ones mostly don't.

750mm BM Klipphausen, 750 BM Saupersdorf and 750 SM Leuban all merged with no problems in TS12 if any one fancies trying them?

Merging an additional dem to my route also worked however it was only a small chunk of about 6 boards that I had erroneously deleted without realising it, however was just blank, being a mountain no need for any track marks or anything.

Large routes, tried merging Mojave with EK3 I know they don't link and a then few other largish routes just as an experiment but Trainz just locked up solid on trying to save the merged routes. Seems to be a size or maybe memory issue?

Last edited:
I know this is a dumb question but when i save a route ive downloaded for instance LGV Line 3 LGV Line 4 merge which in my opinion are the best highspeed routes on the DLS when i go to edit surveyor then surveyor opens up and i do delete all missing assets which works fine. After that the track disappears which is fine because its not downloaded i understand that part, but when i lay the new track and then exit the game overwriting the route it doesn't show up in the Routes menu. I checked the Content manager and it shows up with missing dependencies but i already deleted them in surveyor. I wonder if this has anything to do with the save issue & merge issue people are talking about?:confused:

Back