Chating in MP...

mrmom

Has anybody tried useing Skype to dispatch in the sessions? IMO I think it would work out well..

We are using Team Speak 3 for Conundrum & Patific route and it's working fine. Had 4 people on a session for 7 hours no problemssss.

Dannys right, Team Speak is much better the Skype. Skype dosnt have PTT. PTT is Push To Talk. This means that Skype is all ways listing to, and broadcasting your mic. So if you sneeze, we all hear it.

But TS has PTT, meaning you have to push and hold a button to talk. This simulates having to hold the mic button on a hand set radio in your cab. If you sneeze, have a conversation with some one in the room, we dont hear it. Unless you push the "talk" button. Now you can map any key to that button.

Right now we'er using Team Speak 3 someone hosting it for us and we are allond 10 people on our channel and there 4 joined now.
Team Speak 3 is working good.
I spent 4 hours on last night and 3 more this morning and on it now and havn't been dropped once like i have been with skype & vent!

Hi there!

The Trainz Chat needs sometimes a lot of time to respond.
So, I am looking for an alternative.

Is there any software, which is similar to Xfire but with better chat functions?

The chat window should be permanently in the foreground and you should be able to switch between Trainz and the chat window without pressing any shortcuts. If you want to chat, you just click on the chat window. If you want to go back to Trainz, you just click on the Trainz window. Like the chat window in Trainz.

The problem in Xfire is, that you must use a shortcut to open the chat window and if the window is in the foreground, you can not switch to Trainz without closing the window.

Well, Team Speak is nice, but only if you have a headset. ;)

You don't need a head phone just a mic!
You don't need to switch back and forth to talk on TS 2 & 3.
DL TS client,join a server,get in the right chanel, then start trainz.

@Klopfer_Hase: I think a headset is not the most expansive part of hardware for a computer ;).

Futhermore I prefer the TS3 too. We (the members of trainz-multiplayer.de) are using this very nice programm since many years ago. If someone like to talk with other railroad enthusiasts you are welcome on our TS3 Server.

Well, I have a headset, but sometimes I forget to take it with me and my notebook does not have an integrated microphone.

If I forget my headset, I will not buy every time a new one, otherwise I have a closet full of headsets. :hehe:

All right, so it looks like, there is no suitable software.

The next time I try not to forget the headset, if I want to play in multiplayer. ;)

Back