Restoring JR Cabs for built-in CSX GP40s

utctgm

Hi everyone, hope you all are well. I was hoping there was a way to restore the original cabs for the CSX GP40-2 YN2/3 payware locomotives that are built into 19. These were my most used locomotives in TANE and I'm not a huge fan of the new default spartan cabs, the JR models were much better imo. The built in models make the originals obsolete in cm, and I've tried disabling them to no avail. I've also tried editing the cab view kuid in the config but no built in assets can be modified. If anyone has any solutions I'd be super grateful, thank you in advance.

Don't know if this will work on built in items in TRS19, but you could try cloning the locomotives. They will then have your KUID number and you can modify the config with the KUID of the cab in question. If it works you should be able to do this for personal use. Just can't upload without permission. I've done this for other locomotives I've reskinned into my fictional railroad livery. Hope this works for you.

Jack

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hope you all are well. I was hoping there was a way to restore the original cabs for the CSX GP40-2 YN2/3 payware locomotives that are built into 19. These were my most used locomotives in TANE and I'm not a huge fan of the new default spartan cabs, the JR models were much better imo. The built in models make the originals obsolete in cm, and I've tried disabling them to no avail. I've also tried editing the cab view kuid in the config but no built in assets can be modified. If anyone has any solutions I'd be super grateful, thank you in advance.
Can't Modify Payware Items in Trainz it goes against the EULA.... only Modifying you can do to payware items is modify the Horns and Engine sounds to your liking can'f physically Modify the Body of the Locomotive in any way shape or Form... in order to modify the Body of a Payware locomotive you have to contact thee original Author of the content to get permission to do so.....

Don't know if this will work on built in items in TRS19, but you could try cloning the locomotives. They will then have your KUID number and you can modify the config with the KUID of the cab in question. If it works you should be able to do this for personal use. Just can't upload without permission. I've done this for other locomotives I've reskinned into my fictional railroad livery. Hope this works for you.

Jack

This worked perfectly, thank you! Very clever!

Retro, you can modify anything for your personal use. No one will be using it except yourself. You just can't upload or give to others without permission from original creators. This is what makes it fun for users that are building their dream railroad. I made up the livery for my Hungry Horse Railway from my imagination. Watch the first part of this video to see what I did with my reskinning of several locomotives into my HHR livery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlfqe0aKstE

Jack

Retro, you can modify anything for your personal use. No one will be using it except yourself. You just can't upload or give to others without permission from original creators. This is what makes it fun for users that are building their dream railroad. I made up the livery for my Hungry Horse Railway from my imagination. Watch the first part of this video to see what I did with my reskinning of several locomotives into my HHR livery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlfqe0aKstE

Jack
video did not show the Livery you made all i heard was just the sounds and no actual Locomotive featured. would of been nice to see that

The video is actually 4 hours long. Go to the 7 minute mark and you will see my reskins. The video is a tour of my Hungry Horse Railway that then transitions into a DEM Feather River Route. About 150 miles long total.

Jack

Back