Is TLR bugged or there is something wrong I am doing?

Fineas10

Hello!

I am using trainz version 123794 and when I am using the TLR, it doesn't work. I will attach a video below but also describe the problem here.

I have tested TLR in beta, and even though it had bugs, it worked. I installed the last update and have tried to configure it by the following steps:

1. Place down 2 industries, one for supply and one for demand, Power Basic II and a coal mine.
2. I connected them by using a track.
3. Enabled dispatch
4. When I unpause the game, the demand industry says "No reachable source", but they are perfectly conncted.

Is there a mistake here or a bug?

Thank you!

TLR still works for me using build123794. Suggest check several things:
1. You have suitable rolling stock configured to carry the 'products/ commodities' required.
2. There are no track direction markers precluding bi-directional travel or broken junctions
3. That the track actually connects properly to the industries involved (Most likely a broken link at the spline connecting to the industry loading/ unloading track)
4. Check to see if you can drive the route yourself - then get an AI driver to do it via 'navigate to...' driver commands, load, unload, etc.
5. If the AI driver cannot do it, then the auto dispatcher system won't work either.

TLR still works for me using build123794. Suggest check several things:
1. You have suitable rolling stock configured to carry the 'products/ commodities' required.
2. There are no track direction markers precluding bi-directional travel or broken junctions
3. That the track actually connects properly to the industries involved (Most likely a broken link at the spline connecting to the industry loading/ unloading track)
4. Check to see if you can drive the route yourself - then get an AI driver to do it via 'navigate to...' driver commands, load, unload, etc.
5. If the AI driver cannot do it, then the auto dispatcher system won't work either.
Thank you for your answer! I will check that. I forgot to attach the video earlier: https://streamable.com/8sbnai

Like you I created a small test map and had the same problems. I then tried it on Datsun Junction MRR and it worked.

I just tried TLR on my current project.

In my experiment I set all 35 drivers to the Automatic Scheduler and sat back to watch the results. About half of the drivers were given a task and many of them were immediately "in motion".

Few of the issued orders made any sense - but that was expected. It is, in reality, the much maligned AI system on steroids. For example: a motorised rail car (a road sedan vehicle fitted with train wheels) hooking up to a long freight consist and attempting to push (not pull) it to a destination 80km away.

The fact that you can assign individual drivers to the TLR Controller means that much (if not all) of this chaos can be avoided.

It was an interesting experiment but the TLR is very much a work in progress. I can see its potential, particularly if you only assign carefully selected and positioned drivers/consists to the TLR. It could save a lot of time by avoiding the need to individually program and test every AI controlled train.

This release is phase 1 of the TLR and only works with active industries and freight enabled rolling stock. No passenger trains or passenger enabled stations yet.

My current re-working of an old route uses "coal mine basic" and "Power Station (basic?)".
The TLR takes a few moments to read the requirements, then it will send a coal train to load at the mine, then deliver to the cpower station. The power station hs only one delivery point...

Colin

when you have 2 AI drivers going to the same place using the same track, but are delivering to opposite side of the industry ,why does the train in the rear take command of the junction and then the front train goes to the wrong side and then jams everything up as the train behind want's to unload/load , but cannot as the front train is in the way.

Back