Questions

Needle in a stack of needles.

You can click Surveyor Menu / Edit Session / Driver Setup / Edit ... to assign different drivers to each of your locos :)
I want to change to driver's picture so they are different images on every Locomotive. I did see a think called "Driver Me" but I do not remember where.

Lightz

Can anyone tell me how to make the lights stay on when the train is moving in DCC mode?
Lights_on_at_Wait.jpg
Lights_off_at_Move.jpg

Reskin Reprint

1) Download the dxtbmp
2) Next, download a program called Irfan View You will need this if you have only got MS Paint as your paint program as you require any lettering to be fully transparent, and MSP doesn't do that.
3) Find the folder with the Content Item in it and make a copy of it. Paste in the copy and rename it (eg Item2) This is the folder you will use to repaint the item. We make a copy so the original is unaffected by any modifications.
4) Go into dxtbmp and open up the new file. You will have to go through the various sub files to find you one you intend to re-skin, but normally it will have the words 'body_art' on it.
5) In dxtbmp, click on Image and click Send to Editor. This opens up the paint program you intend to use by default (you have to tell dxtbmp which one you intend to use by clicking on the paintbrushes icon on the far right of the screen.)
6) Now comes the modifying. First of all, we need to blank out the existing lettering, so, click on the dashed rectangle icon on the left of MSP, drag a rectangular box over an area of the tender, right click, and click 'Copy' . Then click 'Paste'. The copied area appears in the top left hand corner of MS Paint. Drag it down and cover the exisiting lettering. Next drag another rectangle over the same area, right click and click Copy To. Save it in My Pictures as Item2 .Minimise MSP
7) Open up Irfan View. Here is where we add the lettering. Drag a rectangle again in the middle and click Edit. Then click 'Insert Text selection' This will bring up a font toolbar where you can decide what colour, size and style you want your lettering to be. Type your railroad name in the blank box and click OK. You may have to experiment to get the lettering centred properly, but when you are finished click 'File' and 'Save'
8) Maximise MSP and right click. Then click 'Paste From', find Item2 in My Pictures and MSP will position the new lettering where the old one was. Then save the work.
9) Maximise dxtbmp. Click 'Image' and then click 'Reload After Edit' The new tender will be loaded up.
10) This is the tricky part. You have to get the correct Alpha channels in place or they could show up grey or white. Click 'File' and click 'Save As' Try the various formats. The ones that usually work are either Targa With Alpha or Extended Bitmap, but if it doesn't work first time, try the DXT3 one.

Last edited:
what you do not have to delete

Can someone tell me what deleting missing assets is for? If you do not have them in the first place, why to delete them:confused:

Over & Above Auran

Is it possible to build more into a senario that the Auran program can handle? I can not keep my session open more that 10 minutes any more now that I start to develope my city.

Can someone tell me what deleting missing assets is for? If you do not have them in the first place, why to delete them:confused:

deleting missing assets deletes the item from the route. even if you do not have the item the route will still try to put it there. unless you delete it from the route.

Is it possible to build more into a senario that the Auran program can handle? I can not keep my session open more that 10 minutes any more now that I start to develope my city.

I heard someone talking in a thread that there is a max size the database can handle. but if my memory serves me it would be really hard to get to the limit. your problem might be due to something runing in the background or an item on the route. although I can't say much more 'cause i don't know the exact details of the problem.

peter

I have read that there is a limit to the number of different textures that can be used on a layout. It is not clear to me if the same texture rotated three different ways counts as three textures towards the limit.

Anyone know of a tool to smooth slopes?
I believe this method may be quicker for covering large areas with a slope although it's not ideal and needs care. It only works where the slope is aligned north, south, east or west however.

1. Use a track or road (it makes absolutely no difference whether this is one two four or 10 tracks wide, narrow or broad)
2. Draw the track the length of the slope you want placing the middle of the track along a grid line.
3. Raise one end of the track to the height you want.
4. Use the spline slope tool to create the slope. With multiple clicks this will eventually be 20 meters or two squares wide with a level top at 90 degrees to the slope.
5. Switch to tools.
6. Use the area tool to select two squares wide for the length of the slope.
7. Switch to paste mode and ensure that absolute height is selected.
8. Move the fill area 2 squares to the side and click. Now the slope should be 4 squares wide.
9. Reselect 4 squares wide and paste again. As you can see the slope can get very wide very quickly.
10. You can turn the slope also through 90, 180, and 270 degrees and of course it can be any reasonable length too.
11. It is helpful to rule a line say along the bottom of where the slope will be as this helps with placing the paste area especially with gentle slopes or long slopes where both ends cannot be seen in the field of view.

Segy

Limits of time

I have read that there is a limit to the number of different textures that can be used on a layout. It is not clear to me if the same texture rotated three different ways counts as three textures towards the limit.
Maybe that is what is wrong, I start session at 6 am and as it gets light, the textures change. I will reset my clock as "lightz" turn off as soon as the train starts to move anyway!

Superadaptor Content

I try to set a vehicle as drivable, but it not work! Any help with what I did wrong?

kuid <kuid:213782:1959>
light 1
region "North America "
type "Vehicle"
name "Willys Pickup"
asset-filename "Willys Pickup"
kuid-table
kuid:213782:1959
bogey <KUID:-10:149>
interior <KUID:-10:172>
fonts 1
engine 1
mass 20000
enginespec <kuid:-1:42004215>
enginesound <kuid:104722:53559>
hornsound <KUID:523:100433>
description "Vehicle adaptor"
mesh-table {
default {
mesh vehiclez_body/superadaptor5m.IM
auto-create 1
effects {
vehicle {
kind attachment
default-mesh <kuid:67261:29030>
att a.attach_090_ground
}
}
}
}
}
obsolete-table {
}
trainz-build 2.4
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 1950
category-class "VL"
username " Willys Pickup"
author "American_Connections"
organisation ""
contact-email ""
contact-website "
"
license ""
kind "Locomotive"

Superadaptor Content 2

I try again, any tips why it not show? Content manger tell me there is no tag for catigory-regon_0 !

kuid <kuid:213782:29079>
light 1
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "CH"
type "custom"
enginespec <kuid:50567:42004250>
enginesound <kuid:50567:52111>
hornsound <kuid:50567:54018>
name "Willys"
asset-filename "american_connections"
kuid-table { KUID:67261_29079}
obsolete-table