Questions

Script

Difference between "catigory-regon_0"
and "category-region-0" [spelling and _ or -]
tsgint
This was a copy of scripting from a roadcar that works, even it is two feet off the ground (090), when I try to set these vehicles lower, they disappear. I finally found how to get one I make to show by adding it as a dispacher asset, but the vehicle itself still is not there, any ideas?

kuid <kuid2:213782:950:1>
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "CH"
category-era-0 "1990s"
bogey <kuid:-10:149>
interior <kuid:-10:172>
fonts 1
engine 1
mass 20000
company "American_Connections"
origin "custom"
region "custom"
enginespec <kuid:-1:42004203>
enginesound <kuid:-1:42003002>
hornsound <kuid:523:100433>
description "Willys Pickup"
mesh-table {
default {
mesh "vehiclez_body/superadaptor5m.IM"
auto-create 1
effects {
vehicle {
kind "attachment"
default-mesh <kuid:69261:29079>
att "a.attach_090_ground"
}
}
}
}
trainz-build 2.4
kuid-table {
68787:25139
}
asset-filename "Drivable Willys Pickup"
username "Drivable Willys Pickup"
thumbnail
author ""
organisation ""
contact-email ""
contact-website "
"
license ""
kind "traincar"

Willys

Well I finally got the truck to show, but it is at 90 degrees to travel!
willysat90degreesaz1.jpg
What do I have to do to turn it around?

kuid <kuid:213782:29093>
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "CH"
category-era-0 "1950s"
bogey <kuid:-10:149>
interior <kuid:50567:717949>
fonts 1
engine 1
mass 20000
company "American Connections"
origin "custom"
region "custom"
enginespec <kuid:-1:42004203>
enginesound <kuid:-1:42003002>
hornsound <kuid:523:100433>
description "Vehicle adaptor"
mesh-table {
default {
mesh "vehiclez_body/superadaptor5m.IM"
auto-create 1
effects {
vehicle {
kind "attachment"
default-mesh <kuid:67261:29093>
att "a.attach_090_ground"
}
}
}
}
trainz-build 2.4
kuid-table {
67261:29093
}
asset-filename "Drivable Willys Pickup"
username "Drivable Willys Pickup"
thumbnail
author ""
organisation "'"
contact-email ""
contact-website "
"
license ""
kind "traincar"

"cabtexture"= Primary=misccab.tga Tile=st

Last edited:
I use -disablerailjointsound in my trainzoptions.txt to eliminate the clickity clack in track because I don't like it. I supose it would work on all kinds of "track".

Paintshed only works on the limited amount of "templates" that come with it. You cannot transfer tuff to it from railyard.:(

disablerailjointsound

I use -disablerailjointsound in my trainzoptions.txt to eliminate the clickity clack in track because I don't like it. I supose it would work on all kinds of "track".

Paintshed only works on the limited amount of "templates" that come with it. You cannot transfer tuff to it from railyard.:(
I have never been able to open Trainzoptions, this is found inside surveyor somewhere?

In TRS2006 it is in the TRS2006 folder. Click on trainzoptions.txt and it should open in Note Pad but any text editor will do.

Options

In TRS2006 it is in the TRS2006 folder. Click on trainzoptions.txt and it should open in Note Pad but any text editor will do.
I have 2004 and all I see in trainoptions file is this-
-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-fullscreen
-Jet=bin
-cabinfov=65
-driverfov=55
-width=1280
-height=1024

Hi AC. I just layed a narrow gauge track inside a standard gauge track for a hundred feet or so.
The narrow gauge curved out from the standard gauge at either end. I placed a loco on each and they ran independantly with no issues.
Just be careful to use the shift key when placing the second track close to a standard track spline.
Cheers

In G-Max, what is the correct size of radius' to make a truck tire? and once you make one, how do you clone it to make set?

The radius of the tire depends on the tire you trying to make. Tires come in all different sizes from the little 8" tires on a hand cart to those over 8' on the big earth moving equipment.

To clone just hold down the shift key while moving the object.

Double Gage

Hi AC. I just layed a narrow gauge track inside a standard gauge track for a hundred feet or so.
The narrow gauge curved out from the standard gauge at either end. I placed a loco on each and they ran independantly with no issues.
Just be careful to use the shift key when placing the second track close to a standard track spline.
Cheers
Yes, I have done this on a bridge, but gave me problem when I tried to set rails only at level in other places, just need to refine the programing in my head!

Tires

The radius of the tire depends on the tire you trying to make. Tires come in all different sizes from the little 8" tires on a hand cart to those over 8' on the big earth moving equipment.

To clone just hold down the shift key while moving the object.
So I just set outside radius to half the size of the tire I want to make, logically? How do I add tread to it? Is it better to use cylinder or torus

Actually, we've made significant improvements in the monorail since the CD was made, so download it from the DLS now. There is a thread named Monorail Information in the TRS2006 with all sorts of useful information including a link to the Release Notes (not content so not on the DLS) which has loads more information.

Just remember to use the most recent content from the DLS.

JFE.

Here is my problem

The first time I made this traincar, it lists and shows loads of all the minerals. Ater some changes to the config file, addional copies of this traincar placed do not list and show anything other than the "load" mesh, including the first one except that I already had the minerals e ion the list! If I delete it, so will the ability to see any mineral other that the load mesh. Searching files, the first traincar does not have a seperate config file as is the same KUID No. Can you tell me how to get all minerals back into list?

Back