Questions

What version is your father?

I used to look at posts for the subject, but anymore I seem to be looking at catigory. There was alot of talk (hope) about 2009 comin about, but what I see now is many cannot use it, even more problems than 06. I was thinking of an upgrade, but all seem to compare everything to 2004 version, even liminted in textures, seem to be the standard to compare to. I don't think I want to change (pay money) for something that does not work well. My father was a 1910 version and he worked every day till he died! They just can't make anything as good as they did on the ol days I guess.

Look at this!

When I change the kuid number to the last update number, the asset goes back to the first edition; if I leave it with an earlier Kuid, it shows the last edition! No change to the mesh just the config. I just don't understand!

Default assets

How do you find the folders for default assets like DB Enz llld coal hopper? I want to change the bogeys for these as what is there from Auran is static and does not look good at all!

When I change the kuid number to the last update number, the asset goes back to the first edition; if I leave it with an earlier Kuid, it shows the last edition! No change to the mesh just the config. I just don't understand!
Are you referring to objects with your own kuid numbers? and of these, the version number? kuid2:nnnn:nnnn:version_number You should be able to increment the version number without any undue affects. When two objects with the same kuids are available, the one with the highest version will be used.

K.I.S.S.

Are you referring to objects with your own kuid numbers? and of these, the version number? kuid2:nnnn:nnnn:version_number You should be able to increment the version number without any undue affects. When two objects with the same kuids are available, the one with the highest version will be used.
Yes, my assets, as the last updates were removed for dls list, I find different versions in different places, yet as I say, to try with kuid2 format, just don't work (like most things now since changes for 2009 dls). I am makin due and some things I have to make again. I just don't understand why everything since 2004.4 doesn't work! Why they can't just fix the best version instead of makin something new that cannot use all the assets made for the first since it all started; more money I guess! That is why I a goin back to simple kuid numbers in my site with date of changes to show the new version. Seems everytime auran does something, just makes it all more complicated!

Yes, my assets, as the last updates were removed for dls list, I find different versions in different places,
Where are you seeing these different versions? Do you mean in your World / Custom folder? Yes, if you create and store multiple versions of the same object with only the kuid updated, then only the latest version will show in-game.
yet as I say, to try with kuid2 format, just don't work (like most things now since changes for 2009 dls).
There is nothing wrong with the kuid2 format. Both versions of my Lat/Long reader are still available and visible on the DLS. The older version got an automatic notification that a newer version is available.

Lat/Long reader [Detailed]
Newer Version Available - View History
TRS2004
Created by: martinvk
File Size: 29.94kb
KUID: 70337:23016
Date: 5th Nov 2003
Downloaded: 817

Download Page

Trackside Accessory

Lat/Long reader [Detailed]
TRS2004
Created by: martinvk
File Size: 29.07kb
KUID2: 70337:23016:2
Date: 17th Dec 2004
Downloaded: 35614

I am makin due and some things I have to make again. I just don't understand why everything since 2004.4 doesn't work! Why they can't just fix the best version instead of makin something new that cannot use all the assets made for the first since it all started; more money I guess!
Doesn't work? Where is it written that everything must be 100% backward compatible? How do you expect anything to progress if you insist that all past techniques, no matter how out dated, be kept functional. :(
That is why I a goin back to simple kuid numbers in my site with date of changes to show the new version.
So you could easily have two or more people, each with a different object from you with the same kuid. Very messy. :eek:
Seems everytime auran does something, just makes it all more complicated!
It's the users demanding more and more features and capabilities that are driving the complexity curve every higher. Besides, complicated is a relative concept. I once thought that a simple box was complicated to make in Gmax. Today, I have few qualms in jumping in and making whatever I need. Today, stitched track is still somewhat complicated. I'm sure tomorrow it will seem a piece of cake. :cool:

Multiples of assets

I understand what you say Martin, I found that I did have several files of the same assets, even the same update,just in different places, so as I build my new webpages, I also am cleaning files and descriptions. I made many errors when I first started creating (not to say I still don't!) But I am trying to rebuild my files and make everything more organized now!

Get a clue!

Looking over my config files, I see that re-skins for paintshed do not have a kuid-table! Why is there a difference for the items we make and the items Auran makes?

Sometimes change is not good!

Again looking over my assets, I see that what I downloaded from the DLS is not what I sent there! Many components do not match up to each other. I am gettin so tired for this run-around. Many of my creations are now not very good, even they worked fine when I made them (in my PC anyway). What is goin on with Auran anyway?

... what I downloaded from the DLS is not what I sent there! ...
Huh, this is serious. You mean that the same object you sent to the DLS is not the same as the one you downloaded? Same kuid? Which kuid was affected?

Don't see how that could be unless there was a major mixup behind the scenes. Anyone else notice such a substitution?

Specifics

Huh, this is serious. You mean that the same object you sent to the DLS is not the same as the one you downloaded? Same kuid? Which kuid was affected?

Don't see how that could be unless there was a major mixup behind the scenes. Anyone else notice such a substitution?
I mean bogeys are not in right places, meshes are different, updates are not the same for each, ect.

hidden mesh

Of course, I do it often and it's done just like it says in the Content Creator's Guide. I'll leave it as an exercise for the readers to look it up.
The only place I see this is in attachments, that is why I asked. So I need to make the mesh an attacment to the main which then will not have a mesh, just attachment,limit, ect. points?

The answer is in the title of your question in post # 95. It works for both the whole object and specific attached objects.

Asset Names

Can anyone tell me why, when opennig Content Dispatcher to add new asset, one of my assets contains the ID number in it's title, yet all others only have the name? Only the files and the title of the assets in CDP have these numbers. all are done the same and I have looked over the confige file many times, there is no reason for the number to be included! How do I get ride of the number in the assets name?

Back