TS12 Content

railsong

I've just started using TS12 Build #47059 and am building my first route with it. TS12 sure is running a lot smoother than TS10 ever did. I wanted to install a feedlot, which I had been using in TS10, but when I downloaded it, it shows errors and warnings as "not supported in versions after 2.7" or something like that. What version build numbers do you use in CM3.5 DLS for content to be used in TS12? The feedlot I wanted is "feedlot-ind, <kuid2:50567:10713:2>. I suppose it will work OK, but I just hate those red flags showing up all the time. Should I go ahead and download it? Just wondering.....Thanks...
Mel

I see that you have 2010. Download the item, then run it through (edit) with CCP. It's one of the edit options. CCP will update the config file to ver, 2.9 and fix some of the errors. If any errors remain, they can probably be fixed with PEV's Tools. Once it is fixed, convert to CDP and import into 2012.

tomurban

I see that you have 2010. Download the item, then run it through (edit) with CCP. It's one of the edit options. CCP will update the config file to ver, 2.9 and fix some of the errors. If any errors remain, they can probably be fixed with PEV's Tools. Once it is fixed, convert to CDP and import into 2012.

tomurban
I no longer have TS10, as I uninstalled it when I installed TS12. I was having so many problems with TS10 that I just thought I would start over with the newer version.....Thanks anyway....
Mel:)

If the content has any faults/errors, it will not work in TS12.

Shane
Thanks Shane, I am having a hard time finding any industries to use on my new route I am building. Like I said I don't know what Minimum build version to use in CM 3.5 to find things for TS12.....Thanks again...
Mel:)

tomurban
What is CCP? I never have used it I guess. How do you open CCP? Still learning....Thanks.....:confused:

CCP = Content Creator Plus. In Content Manager, right click on an asset and look for the edit function. One of the options is "edit in ccp". I don't know if 2012 offers that option. If it does, you can update the config file there. It will probably give a higher build number though. The higher the build number, the greater the sensitivity to errors.

tomurban

trainz-build 3.4 and 3.5 content should work on TS12 without errors. (3.5 content definitely should)

You may be able to use trainz-build 2.7 to 3.3 content, but they are more likely to have errors/warnings.

Shane

OK, thanks to both of you. I sure appreciate the input here. It will give me some advise to bank on...Thanks again....:wave:

I just tried that one, downloaded in CM 3.5 for TS12, got the following when I checked for errors and warnings;

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.

That can be safely ignored, just because the build number is no longer supported doesn't mean it won't work. Some build numbers that ARE currently supported don't work anyway, and they're not in any kind of hurry to fix those.

Error: Attachment point 133 (a.hay133) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.
Error: Attachment point 147 (a.hay147) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.
Error: Attachment point 152 (a.hay152) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.
Error: Attachment point 157 (a.hay157) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.
Error: Attachment point 172 (a.hay172) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.
Error: Attachment point 177 (a.hay177) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.
Error: Attachment point 214 (a.hay214) in 'queues\hay_q\attachment-points' was not found.

Those are actual error errors, the original creator made some kind of mistake or the attachment method is obsolete. Looking at this one I would say the former since it has a lot of attachment points and only a few are missing.

69214711.jpg

First step, right click the asset, select Edit, then Edit in Content Creator Plus.

67468786.jpg

You'll get a warning message about obsolete build number, but since we intend to update it anyway, click okay to get past that. At the bottom is the list of error messages, since this one is multiple instances of attachment points look for attachment points, find the ones highlighted red - those are the ones it's calling for that aren't actually in the mesh. Easiest way to fix that is to just click the X on the right side to delete that call for the non existent attachment point. Save, look at the error messages at the bottom again. Once those are all gone, save and exit, back to content manager, select the asset you just edited and saved. Right click, select Edit, then Commit. When that finishes (the open for edit icon disappears) select and right click again, view errors and warnings. Probably get some, since what were acceptable tags for build 2.2 are obsolete for the new build I just converted it to, I got "tag Icon 0 is obsolete" and had to edit again to get rid of that. Save again, commit again, check for errors and warnings again, this time none.

98226733.jpg

And then see if it works in TS12.

Be advised this works great for your own personal use, but if you intend to upload the route it won't be very good since you'll be asking the end users to all individually update this thing before they can use your route. And of course there's no way it would work for multiplayer. Two solutions for that, get the item added to the DLS cleanup project and upload a KUID 2 of it, or clone and upload your own version and use that in the route instead. Be sure to ask permission before uploading your repaired version or you'll have the Self Appointed Internet Weenie Police over at your house checking to see if you tore the tags off your mattresses.

Yeah sniper that worked like a charm. I wished I understood more of how to do those sort of things. Sure appreciate all your help. Have a good one.....:wave:
Mel

Well, I first got Trainz a year ago, MSTS was screwed up, railsim/railworks was screwed up, but I was astonished at how badly Trainz is screwed up and appalled at how many years people have been putting up with it and not DOING anything about it. The built in error checker for TS2010 has a bad case of PMS, screams about stuff that doesn't matter and ignores problems that it should holler about. And I still think they should have designed an automatic error FIXER before the error CHECKER, what were they thinking? Hey, I found an error in this cabview, so I'll throw up a red flag and disable it, hey I found a bunch of faulty locos that have a missing cabview, disable those, whadd'ya know here's a bunch of sessions with a missing loco dependency, disable those, now that nothing works my job is finished, let the user figure out what all these errors mean and how to fix them. :hehe:

Trying to compile an all in one place basic tutorial for the most common errors;

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?302069-My-choo-choo-is-broke!

So people don't have to put on hip boots and wade thru 22 pages of yak yak yak, picture examples always work better.

Well, I first got Trainz a year ago, MSTS was screwed up, railsim/railworks was screwed up, but I was astonished at how badly Trainz is screwed up and appalled at how many years people have been putting up with it and not DOING anything about it. The built in error checker for TS2010 has a bad case of PMS, screams about stuff that doesn't matter and ignores problems that it should holler about. And I still think they should have designed an automatic error FIXER before the error CHECKER, what were they thinking? Hey, I found an error in this cabview, so I'll throw up a red flag and disable it, hey I found a bunch of faulty locos that have a missing cabview, disable those, whadd'ya know here's a bunch of sessions with a missing loco dependency, disable those, now that nothing works my job is finished, let the user figure out what all these errors mean and how to fix them. :hehe:

Trying to compile an all in one place basic tutorial for the most common errors;

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?302069-My-choo-choo-is-broke!

So people don't have to put on hip boots and wade thru 22 pages of yak yak yak, picture examples always work better.

Great job, Sniper. I think we should work on an online tutorial or manual as I've discussed before. The only thing is how can I with the minimal free time I have now.

Anyway I agree. There should have been a fixer first then a disabler instead of taking the easy way out. The sad part is so many of the unnecessary errors are left overs from the past that should have been cleaned up years ago instead of propagated across the different Trainz versions. In the past there was so little, if any error checking, that the errors multiplied like lemmings!

John

Your tutorial looks like a lot of good information for a dummy like me. I will look it over and see if I can get advise that I can use. Thanks again.....
Mel:hehe:

Back