Gramma's Illegal JR & HP Trainz Payware Content on DLS (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainmaster189

I would like to inform everyone just in case they've noticed it or not, that Gramma just uploaded several payware items onto the DLS ranging from some Jointed Rail old payware ES44s to HP Trainz's Marias Pass X SD40-2s. These items were uploaded under the guise of "fixed for Trainz Simulator 12" I guess? But please take a look at this list I put together of all the known illegal payware so far.

Content made by josefpav and Lotharhake (including some payware Marias Pass X assets): - These are Gramma's illegal copies

Blomberg_M_truck_dark_front_HP (TS12)
HP xing lights US 1t_trackside (TS12)
Blomberg_M_truck_dark_HP (TS12)
Bridge_Steel_USA HP (TS12)
BN GP38-2 HP (TS12)
GP38-2 engine HP09 (TS12)
HP bridge steel 2 Tracks (TS12)
HP Coram bridge (TS12)
HP Intermodal hub (Fixed)
HP Intermodal hub small (TS12)
HT-C bogie (front) SD40-2 HP (TS12)
HP switches mesh library (TS12)
SD40-2 BN HP (TS12)
HP Xing crossbucks only US (TS12)
HP_Ground_overgrown_1 (TS12)
HT-C bogie (rear) SD40-2 HP (TS12)
HT-C bogie dark (front) HP (TS12)
HT-C bogie dark (rear) HP (TS12)
SD40-2 BNSF #7223 HP (TS12)
SD40-2 BNSF #7801 HP (TS12)
SD40-2 cab temp HP (TS12)
SD40-2 engine HP09 (TS12)
SD40-2_BN #8093 HP (TS12)
SD40-2_BN #8158 HP (TS12)

Content made by norfolksouthern37 (including the F Units now fixed by n8phu on the Erecting Hall): - These are Gramma's illegal copies

Old Freeware F Units:
EMD F7A GN G/O modded # (TS12)
EMD F7A SP Black Widow modded # (TS12)
EMD F7B SP Black Widow modded # (TS12)
EMD F7B ATSF # 300 series Warbonnet Pass modded (TS12)
EMD F7B GN G/O modded # (TS12)
AMTK F7A Clean (TS12)
AMTK F7A Dirty (TS12)
AMTK F7B Clean (TS12)
AMTK F7B Dirty (TS12)

Old Payware Six-Axle Units:
BN SD40-2 (TS12)
BN SD40-2B 7502 (TS12)
CSX ES44DC (TS12)
BNSF ES44DC (TS12)
CSX SD70ACe (TS12)
UP SD70ACe (TS12)

I already contacted the creators of the said content here on the forums on the said illegal content.

Last edited:
You may have to email Lothar and Josef directly since they haven't been here in the forums in ages. They both made/make great content and it's a shame seeing them ripped off.

This isn't even the first time he's done something like this. A long time ago he uploaded a whole bunch of mediocre reskins without out the permissions from the original creators. Some of which I'm pretty sure he had stolen the textures of. I'm pretty sure the guy has also managed to get himself banned from Jointed Rail for content piracy.

I apologize to anyone if I did anything wrong here. I just now removed the kuids of every stolen content here and I can only contact HP Trainz on the website with the message I copied and pasted from my PM to Josef and Lothar here. I'm not sure how active "NS37" and N8phu are, but I'm somehow hoping N8phu sees this.

Thank you Flusi737 for the warning about the kuids! This thread here is my first thread since the forums got upgraded and I was too quick to delete the kuids when I first posted this. When I contacted each creator, I would send the exact kuids and only they should know, so they can contact N3V for the takedown.

Last edited:
You may have to email Lothar and Josef directly since they haven't been here in the forums in ages. They both made/make great content and it's a shame seeing them ripped off.
That brings up an important issue, if only the original creator can launch an official complaint, what happens when creators who have left us or are not active any more have their creations illegally copied? There seems to be a big gap between the rails for nefarious actors to exploit. Anyone know the official policy in these cases? As you said, a shame to have to watch from the sidelines as they get ripped off.

This is exactly how some Payware stuff gets accidentally included in freeware routes and gets reskinned and uploaded to the DLS. People who do this kind of crap like Gramma shouldn't even be warned, they should be banned permanently. If you think that's too harsh of punishment, well they know better but they do it anyway. And Gramma's been around here long enough to know what he's doing is a No-No. He just doesn't care. He wants to see his name on the DLS and feel good about himself at other's expense. For a while, he did okay (even though his reskins weren't that great) and give the original creator credit for the original creation. Then he just stopped doing that and started posted shitloads of stuff. I think he should be banned and all his junk removed from the DLS, period.

This is exactly how some Payware stuff gets accidentally included in freeware routes and gets reskinned and uploaded to the DLS. People who do this kind of crap like Gramma shouldn't even be warned, they should be banned permanently. If you think that's too harsh of punishment, well they know better but they do it anyway. And Gramma's been around here long enough to know what he's doing is a No-No. He just doesn't care. He wants to see his name on the DLS and feel good about himself at other's expense. For a while, he did okay (even though his reskins weren't that great) and give the original creator credit for the original creation. Then he just stopped doing that and started posted shitloads of stuff. I think he should be banned and all his junk removed from the DLS, period.
I agree 100% with you Dave! Gramma (a.k.a "TheMinecraftConrail" and now "Conrail336 CSX909 Productions" on YouTube) had too many slaps on the wrist and I'm just exhausted seeing his name every time a ton of "his" content show up on the DLS almost every day.

I don't even like his low-quality reskins, especially Amtrak and Conrail stuff. For example: his low-quality Amtrak passenger car reskins, using the cars made by austin316hockey outnumber the same models reskinned by fourteen (which were released with permission) and only "Gramma" made the later Amtrak phases (IV and IVb) although they're not only stolen, but they're also sloppy. From being on the DLS for more than a decade (or since when I installed TS12), I remember when there used to be more high quality content and more legal content. I even told him once to take his time on his reskinning skills and not rush, but he doesn't even do that. I don't really know exactly when Gramma started (I think 2019, but I could be wrong), but his stuff didn't exist in the early 2010s back when I started practicing reskinning during my late high school years.

I bet Gramma will be a very infamous figure for many years to come, even after he's perma-banned. Don't be surprised when someone makes a documentary video about the history of the DLS itself since there's already documentary videos about the entire Trainz franchise and Gramma will definitely be the worst content creator. This will eventually become a lesson for new content creators to learn from and hopefully they'll stick by it.

Last edited:
Gramma has actually been banned once before. But then he went on youtube and cried about it. How N3V decided to unban him is well beyond me. Everybody at this point knows full well who he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back