Herlev

Hi All
i have downloaded a lot of items from the content manager downloads
i get so many faulty items and when look at the fault its just
it has an obsolete trainz build number 3,5 no longer supported
why are they still on the download
kind regards
herlev

Sadly, the DLS still accepts uploads at the Trainz build 3.5 level. Actually, it accepts assets at below that level but does not display them for download. Assets below 3.5 are just downloadable as dependencies of other assets like routes.

What is the definition of "no longer supported"?
Those old assets are still on the DLS and can still be accessed by users with older versions of Trainz - prior to Content Manager becoming the only supported method of downloading. They are still accessible from the Web DLS pages for those who have an alternative method of downloading that avoids the modern browser block on using FTP.

In the content manager, you can add filters to the drop down menu to filter older assets:-
e.g.
Main filter box (the one that displays as you open Content Manager) select "custom..."
This then opens a list of filters that you can edit (and add extra ones).
The filter you're looking for is "minimum build version" Now you will only see assets greater than the value you select.

This may help remove some of your frustration...

Can someone point me out how to set filters in CM to show asset by dates uploaded starting with the latest ones, I have never figured out how. I mean without having to select day by day in the calendar but like when we go directly on the Dowload Station from the ''My trainz's page ''.Thanks for help !
Rail4Pete

Hi,
it doesn’t require an additional filter for just the date.
open content manager and there should be a column headed “date uploaded”, mouse click on the title of the column and the data is sorted by date (either oldest first on newest) clicking again reverses the order.

i often use this technique on the version number, sometimes an older dated asset can have a higher version number
Colin

The errors you mention aren't errors and only warnings. The warnings are meant for the content creator to update their content to a newer build but as mentioned that would be impossible due to users using older versions of Trainz needing access to older assets and also due to many dependencies being older. Your best bet is to ignore the warning since it's not causing an issue.

Hi,
it doesn’t require an additional filter for just the date.
open content manager and there should be a column headed “date uploaded”, mouse click on the title of the column and the data is sorted by date (either oldest first on newest) clicking again reverses the order.

i often use this technique on the version number, sometimes an older dated asset can have a higher version number
Colin
I have only 3 choices (column) Name, Status, Asset ID

I have only 3 choices (column) Name, Status, Asset ID
Right click on a column heading and select the option Insert Column then select the name of the column to be added. You can also drag columns around into a new order by a left click and drag (left or right) on the column heading. They can also be resized by a left click and drag (left or right) on the boundary line between the column headings.

Right click on a column heading and select the option Insert Column then select the name of the column to be added. You can also drag columns around into a new order by a left click and drag (left or right) on the column heading. They can also be resized by a left click and drag (left or right) on the boundary line between the column headings.
Oh good, now I see ...and it's working Thank You very much !
Rail4Pete

What is more of a concern is some important assets used in Trainz 12 are now being modified so that the newer kuid dependency versions will run in TANE and/or TRS 2019 software.
For example an older dependent asset at v2.9 gets modified.
Well the modifier should change its modification number higher to 3.8, 3.9, 4.1, 4.2, 4.5, 5.0, 5.1 etc matching the product version that they were modified for.
Leaving the code at v2.9 allows the newer kuid asset to load into TS12.
Too many errors showing up in TS12 because of this mistake.
Tip:
It is possible to revert back to the previous working version of the asset in the TS12 content manager, also making sure that no dependencies of kuid dependency have also been modified.

Suggestion: if exporting a route from TRS 2019 to the DLS it's best building the layout only using the kuid assets that come with the base standard product or made available from the DLS.
Less problems looking for missing assets.

I have routes and assets from older versions of Trainz installed in TRS22! Only thing that annoys me is the always faulty '<kuid:57511:38054> Bridge concrete aus 2t Usa". If only I could have this working without the errors, I'd be happy

; <kuid:57511:38054> : Validating <kuid:57511:38054>
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE61: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE61: Required tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
; <NULL> : Performing asset precache
; <kuid:57511:38054> : Loading asset <kuid:57511:38054>
- <kuid:57511:38054> : TrackSpec::LinkSpecs> Track reskin is missing require original track asset <kuid:-1:100295>
- <kuid:57511:38054> : VE199: Asset <kuid:57511:38054> failed to load. Unloading resources.
; <kuid:57511:38054> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> unlinked asset

Same error I had back when I was playing TRS2006! That's why I'm saying 'Always faulty'. Now, I have it completely uninstalled 'gave up caring about it'..
Overall, all other assets 3.5 and some lower still works without the error or it being faulty.. So far! But, I am prepared to change the 3.5 number to 4.6 or higher if I need to in the config files. Except for that annoying bridge, I can't ever fix it LOL

This is the only one that breaks it:
- <kuid:57511:38054> : TrackSpec::LinkSpecs> Track reskin is missing require original track asset <kuid:-1:100295>

Do you have asset # <kuid:-1:100295> Bridge 2t Concrete downloaded from the DLS? It is version 1.3 so should work in both versions. To get it to 2006 you may have to download it to 22, then export as a cdp and upload it to 2006.

I have routes and assets from older versions of Trainz installed in TRS22! Only thing that annoys me is the always faulty '<kuid:57511:38054> Bridge concrete aus 2t Usa". If only I could have this working without the errors, I'd be happy

; <kuid:57511:38054> : Validating <kuid:57511:38054>
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE61: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE61: Required tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
! <kuid:57511:38054> : VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
; <NULL> : Performing asset precache
; <kuid:57511:38054> : Loading asset <kuid:57511:38054>
- <kuid:57511:38054> : VE199: Asset <kuid:57511:38054> failed to load. Unloading resources.
; <kuid:57511:38054> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> unlinked asset

Same error I had back when I was playing TRS2006! That's why I'm saying 'Always faulty'. Now, I have it completely uninstalled 'gave up caring about it'..
Overall, all other assets 3.5 and some lower still works without the error or it being faulty.. So far! But, I am prepared to change the 3.5 number to 4.6 or higher if I need to in the config files. Except for that annoying bridge, I can't ever fix it LOL
Easy fix.
<kuid:57511:38054> : TrackSpec::LinkSpecs> Track reskin is missing require original track asset <kuid:-1:100295>

Try replacing this missing track with something else. There are plenty of much better bridge tracks out there. Remember to update the kuid-table as well. The -1:100295 track looks like track printed on paper anyway from what I remember.

I get what you both are saying and I really appreciate the help :) I also did download the <kuid:-1:100295> from another website, as it will not download from the DLS, it's listed as obsolete and replaced with <kuid:-25:1515> Bridge_2t_Concrete m

I did try and replace the kuids in the config with something else track even the bridge model and still got the same message just with different kuids. The only route that uses the asset, I have installed is Brisbane South TRS 04 by NormP.

I just don't know how to fix it! No matter what I do!

We're both way off the mark! I fixed it. The aliased assets no longer work properly.

1) Download <kuid:-25:1515> Bridge_2t_Concrete m if you haven't already.

Open the asset for editing in Explorer.

Copy the following assets and paste somewhere else such as on your desktop:

crete.texture.txt
crete.tga
crete-crete.texture.txt
slab_bridge_2t.im

2) Once copied, revert this asset to original.

3) Open your faulty bridge for Edting in Explorer.
4) Copy those textures and texture.txt files and mesh file into the folder.
5) Edit the config.txt file.

a) Remove the aliased line
b) Remove the kuid from the kuid-table.

4) Add in a mesh-table. (I placed mine where the aliased line was located.)

Copy this and paste in.

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "slab_bridge_2t.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

Make sure you keep the format and include all the curly brackets otherwise you'll get weird errors.
If all is good, save and close the config.txt
Close Explorer
Submit the asset.

Last edited:
We're both way off the mark! I fixed it. The aliased assets no longer work properly.

1) Download <kuid:-25:1515> Bridge_2t_Concrete m if you haven't already.

Open the asset for editing in Explorer.

Copy the following assets and paste somewhere else such as on your desktop:

crete.texture.txt
crete.tga
crete-crete.texture.txt
slab_bridge_2t.im

2) Once copied, revert this asset to original.

3) Open your faulty bridge for Edting in Explorer.
4) Copy those textures and texture.txt files and mesh file into the folder.
5) Edit the config.txt file.

a) Remove the aliased line
b) Remove the kuid from the kuid-table.

4) Add in a mesh-table. (I placed mine where the aliased line was located.)

Copy this and paste in.

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "slab_bridge_2t.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

Make sure you keep the format and include all the curly brackets otherwise you'll get weird errors.
If all is good, save and close the config.txt
Close Explorer
Submit the asset.
EXCELLENT!!! Thanks again mate :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Back