Transfer from TS12 to TS19

susanaes

NYCTA Developer
Hello all I just bought a new HP laptop and I’m about to upgrade from TS12 to TS19 platinum edition. I wanted to transfer all my commuter routes, trains, and other content I’ve created for my commuter system. To do this would I have to download my routes and all the dependencies or is there and easier way to get it from one game to the other?

Hi Susan,

Before you import anything into TRS19, setup your Content Manager in TRS19-Platinum. This will help you later on when it comes time to import your content.

In TRS19 Content Manager, right-click on the header bar and add in all the remaining column headers. By default, they all add on the very right side. You can drag those around in the order you want to use as well as resize the columns as needed. Once this is arranged, you can then import your content.

In TS12 Content Manager, export your routes and sessions to CDP files.

Starting with the routes, import those one at a time into TRS19 by dragging them on a TRS19 Content Manager window.

Search for your route in the search bar in the upper right corner.

The route will show up in the main window. It'll be missing content guaranteed.

Right-click on the route and choose download to download anything from the DLS that was installed from there.
Right-click again on a route if it still shows missing dependencies and choose show dependencies.

A new window will open up.

You can sort the content ascending or descending and by other ways by clicking on a column header. You want to sort on Status to put any missing assets on the top.

Once you have that sorted, you can then see the KUIDs of the missing content you need to import from TS12.

Repeat the process with other routes and then with your sessions one at a time.

There's a lot more to CM here in TRS19 Platinum than there is in TS12. I tried to make this as simple as possible for now. Hope this helps.

Thanks JC I’ll get started on that when I get my new laptop that sounds simple enough. I don’t know why I thought it’d be more complicated.

Back