Young People And Railways (how old are you?)

I picked up the interest of trains when I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder at 2 years old, for some reason it connects with trains, like thomas the tank engine for instance.

Tom Hughes:)

This Is Cool

I Have an idea we Should Try and organise a Massive meeting of a charter somewhere and bring all the young people of trainz toghether!

Me when was three

I've been in to trains ever since i've seen my first thomas the tank engine episode when I was 2-3 (now i'm 14 and my love trains steamers, dieasels, and electric's still hasn't gone out don't forget the trams and the people movers) not that I'm fond of the british railways loco's and rolling stock.

P.S. I think that might have been my problem too because I was insane about trains even when I had never seen them before or maybe I went to a open house at the B&O museum or something when I was younger, you don't really rememeber when you first rail museum trip was when you were young or atleast some of you.

Last edited:
I'm 44 and my interest in railways came from my father.
I grew up having a large garage that never had a car in it, as we didn't have a car. But it had a railway layout in it built by my father for as long as I can remember.
I spent most of my youth on Darlington Bank Top station trainspotting. At the time I enjoyed the Deltics on East Coast services and Peaks on TPE and Cross Country trains. With lots freight coming from Shildon, Easgate, and the Teeside branch. And this was pulled by 31 and 37's.
I dipped out of trains and railways when I left school and started work.
But then in my late 20's the company I worked for promoted me and this meant lots of train travel and so my interest in railways started again.
My renewed interest is not about the locomotives as it was in my teens, but in the way the railways work and run.
And that is why I enjoy trainz. I can build and run my own railway and enjoy solving all the problems that brings.

i am a 13 year old TRAM FAN

I've been into trams ever since that day my dad took me to sydney's light rail (metro light rail) which is a tram system too. I have a huge collection of trams in my trs2006. I LOVE TRAMS

I'm 12, I've been in love with trains for as long as I can remember. I've seen pictures of me being 1 or 2 and watching my dad's HO scale trains go around his layout. Also I've been a fan of Thomas, on my own HO scale layout, I have a model James locomotive. Almost every year my family goes to the Huckleberry Railroad and the Hesston Steam Show.

Garrit

Last edited:
I wasnt going to join in on this, then I seen there ARE other older guys that have joined in:) , I'm 44, My Dad started Model RRing & Railfanning one year before i was born, so i grew up with trains. Everyone on my Ma's side of the family worked at Fairbanks-Morse, BACK when they were still making Train engines:D .

The city I grew up in had CNW mainlines on the west side of town, and Milwaukee Road mainlines on the east side...now those roads are long gone, UP & IC&E run through here these days.

- Deano :wave:

I'm 17 and i've been into trains since i can remember. Hoprfully i can get a job driving them in New Zealand sometime in the next couple of years. :D

Im 27, have always appreciated the engineering that went into the diesels...
Watched them pass every day, and at night in bed, I can hear the throaty growls in the distance as the hauls move out from the iron mines... and i get goose bumps when i hear them... thats the kinda person I am. But i dont think 27 is young? :(

I'm now 14.
I'm a member of the following:

- Sydney Tramway Museum
- Cooma Monaro Historical Society
- Union Pacific Historical Society

I'll soon be a member of the Australian Historical Railway Society.

I might also join a model railroading club in Port Macquarie, I recently discovered. :wave:

Back