Looking for route

Ian_Darvill

Hi all

I hope someone out there can help me find a route. I have just installed 2009 and have lost a route that I am sure went from Crianlarich to Fort William. The reason I ask is that I am sure that I merged this route, in 2006, with the Malliag extention to get a route from Crianlarich to Malliag.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hello Ian, I think there are 2 routes on the DLS, Ultimate Highlands, and Queen St to Oban, which both feature this section...both created by hooverman.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Last edited:
Hi ex-railwayman

Thanks for reply. The Glasgow -Oban route stops just past Crianlarich. I have not looked at the other one yet. I have found the route I was looking for its West Highland 2 by Vern but I cannot download it. I my already have it stored but do not know the kuid No. as it is not on the download station. it seems it is only available from a download site in zip form and my zip trial has expired.
Hope all this makes sence.

Thanks
Ian

Hello again Ian, the Ultimate Highlands route is an extension of the other one by hooverman, it ran past Crianlarich and diverged to both Upper and Lower Tyndrum and carries on all the way to both Oban and the other way to the Kyle of Lochalsh, it's a megaroute.....:mop:

Which website did you find Vern's West Highland 2 layout ??

Oh, and get yourself a freebie zip folder opener from Rarzilla - try here - http://www.philipp-winterberg.com/software/rarzilla_free_unrar.php

Cheerz. ex.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've just found it myself Ian on UKTrainsim.....In fact, it's still downloading - it's 53 mb even as a zip folder, I can see why Vern had a little problem getting it on the DLS.....:hehe:

Any more probs, give us a shout....

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Happy to help as always Ian, I've found a new layout myself now to play with, and with it being one of Vern Moorhouse's it's likely to be a good one, so I'm glad I came along.....

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Well Ian, I was considering merging it with the Ultimate Highlands route and then I can drive trains from Glasgow Queen St to Oban, Fort William, Kyle of Lochalsh and Mallaig.....Maybe even tag on Vern's Ayr to Stranraer layout at the Glasgow end....Now that would be a super megaroute covering the whole West of Scotland.......:p

Bye for now. ex. :wave:

Only just seen this thread - glad you found the route(s), hosted externally on UKTS and T-S.com due to the file size.

Only just seen this thread - glad you found the route(s), hosted externally on UKTS and T-S.com due to the file size.

Vern,
Having trouble locating the file on both sites. Could you please provide us with a direct link?
Cheers, Mac...

Back