Process for uploading route.

hotgrove

Been long enough on Trainz to know about this but for various reasons my projects never make it this far.

However i have managed to salvage a MR basement layout that i lost but had about 60% of it saved.
The very thought of going over it all again didn't appeal but the passage of time healed my angst.

Do i upload both route and session and what is the process.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
If the session is used for any part of the route operation then yes. If the session is not essential then no.
Create a CDP of the route (or route plus session).
Click on MyTrainz at the top of this page, select my content, and click on upload content.
Choose either standard or preview and click on choose file to find the CDP.

Thanks for reply.
When i open My Content and right click on the route i can see an option for Export to CDP
There is also an option to upload to DLS
Would upload to DLS work just the same ?

Thanks for reply.
When i open My Content and right click on the route i can see an option for Export to CDP
There is also an option to upload to DLS
Would upload to DLS work just the same ?
Don't use the Content Manager option. It's as unreliable as a 1980s Dodge K-Car.

I have done 100% of my uploading in Content Manager, so I hope you don’t mind if I disagree.

Granted, the last version I used is TANE, but still.

Anyway,
Before you decide to upload, make sure it has a decent Thumb, optionally (but cool looking) add two more screenshots to that container, and make sure it has a good description.

I use CM as well, but there is some sort of bug involved in this process. Most times, I am told I am not logged in, even though I certainly am. What you have to do in that case is, close down Trainz, then restart it and immediately go to CM and re-upload your route. It should work this time.

Bill;

I use CM as well, but there is some sort of bug involved in this process. Most times, I am told I am not logged in, even though I certainly am. What you have to do in that case is, close down Trainz, then restart it and immediately go to CM and re-upload your route. It should work this time.

Bill;
That was my experience as well with the few things I've uploaded. That's why I said to use My Trainz.

Yup.

Easy solution:
When you are ready to upload, close the game (including CM) and restart. That way you never have that problem.

Having uploaded the route and session i have now noticed that each have a small error.
Is there any way to rectify this after the upload has been approved.

Having uploaded the route and session i have now noticed that each have a small error.
Is there any way to rectify this after the upload has been approved.
Upload a new version. If your route is :1, and the save makes it a :2, that will obsolete the one that's been uploaded. The same with the session.

Thanks for that i'll get that done.

Can't find the option to upload route and session.

Last edited:
Just checked my e-mail and got this.

The addition of your content file Trainz_MR_Basement_Layout_1.cdp has failed due to the following reason:

An Error Occured with <kuid:458591:101316> Trainz MR Basement Layout 1
- KUID:458591:101316 is already assigned to (Trainz MR Basement Layout), which is either on the Download Station or waiting for approval. You can update content by using the obsolete tag in the config.txt file.

In Content Manager:
Highlight your route.
Click on Content on the menu above and choose Create new version.

Repeat the same for your session.

Once again thanks for the help.

I'm now seeing this New Asset.
this kuid appeared without me doing anything at all kuid<2:458591:101316:1>

Even the most simple of instructions are just a myriad of confusion to me.
The route and session i wanted replaced have already been downloaded about 20 times.
Even the route description box wasn't big enough to hold important info.

Many thanks to all but i'm just going to bail out on this.

@hotgrove > Loving the whole layout so far. Great looking build ! I

I'm going over the layout, in Surveyor, and am wondering why in the world you have two layers of invisible track over-laying all of the SAM Track? Are there any other unusual aspects to the layout?

Also. I have a suggestion.

If you make a new layer called "Ceiling", and place all of the ceiling pieces into that layer, users will then be able to hide that layer during any route editing, and with the layer hidden, will allow zooming the camera to far distances when running a session in Driver.

For any future layouts you build it is a good idea to do this for Floor splines, all digholes, edge fascia, walls and any room furniture/decoration. Even placing those invisible track splines on their own layer would be advisable.

Rico

Back