Track stuck to topography after changing elevation, HELP

After laying track, I changed the elevation below the track (to create a canyon), but the track sticks to that drop in elevation. It goes from horizontal, to vertical drop along the face, to horizontal along the bottom of the canyon. I looked through the Wiki pages and could not find how to maintain track elevation while dropping baseboard elevation. Is there a name for this issue I should look for? I noticed this happens with any object connected on the baseboard.

How do you keep an object or spline in the same place / elevation while changing baseboard elevation under or around that object?

If you changed the elevation BEFORE you set the whirling white circles to fixed, making them yellow, the track will follow the terrain. Set the track to a fixed height, then lower the terrain from under it.

Bill

Can't edit post for some reason. So, please add this to my last:

If you put content, like a house or tree, on terrain, it WILL move with the terrain. You can't lock objects to a fixed height. They will always move with terrain. Tracks, as well as most any other spline (linked objects having white circles) won't move with terrain if you fix them in place. The easiest was to do this is to use the Height-Adjusting tool and just touch the mouse pointer to the circle. It will change from white to yellow.

Bill

You can also turn the yellow track spline circles (indicating fixed height that ignores the topology height) back to white track spline circles (indicating that it will move up and down with the terrain height) by using the Remove Gradient button (Track Tool, Advanced Option, the icon in the 2nd row and 4th column). Select the button then click on a yellow track spline circle. Also having trouble replying to forum posts - similar problem to last week. Admin needs to do a reset (again).

Reply to Thread, Edit Post and Reply with Quote buttons not working (again). Helpdesk ticket has been issued.

OK thank you - that may be the answer.

But hey!!! I automatically clicked "Reply to Thread" without thinking to make this post and it worked. Looks like issue has been resolved.

Back