Luke i am your father on DLS

IsambardKingdomBrunel

Joined June 2001
What's this all about anyone ?

- <kuid:1019147:100220> : Unable to search asset <kuid:1019147:100220>. This asset is payware DLC and is not available via the Download Station..

Yet it is on the DLS for download, both on the CM and the web site.

This is an aliased route, meaning you need the DLC in order to use this version. This is allowable by N3V.

4 hours later i am still trying to complete the download................... too many connections, too many connections, too many connections and on and on and on. :n: :n: :n:

If you were downloading a DLC route you should have had a much faster download. Payware usually downloads very quickly. Did using the alias cause it to slow down to DLS speed? Even then, with a gold membership you should have fast downloads.

If you were downloading a DLC route you should have had a much faster download. Payware usually downloads very quickly. Did using the alias cause it to slow down to DLS speed? Even then, with a gold membership you should have fast downloads.

The route is on the DLS, not the DLC. The fact that it is a clone/alias, and a legitimate clone at that, of a DLC route is irrelevant. The DLS clone/alias is freeware*, not payware, and is downloaded at a speed that is determined by your possession of an FCT, or not.

*but anyone who downloads the route must have the original (not cloned) DLC route installed to use it.

Ah OK. Thanks for the asterisk. I thought an alias just pointed to the original, not that it was a full copy.

The route is on the DLS, not the DLC. The fact that it is a clone/alias, and a legitimate clone at that, of a DLC route is irrelevant. The DLS clone/alias is freeware*, not payware, and is downloaded at a speed that is determined by your possession of an FCT, or not.

*but anyone who downloads the route must have the original (not cloned) DLC route installed to use it.

I never looked at the size before I said it was an alias. At 485 MB, that's a huge download!

I just did some testing.

I took the Appen route and opened the route for editing. I was immediately prompted to clone the route which I did.

When I attempted to save, I was prompted for a session only until I wiggled a building and pressed CTRL+Z to put the building back in place. When I saved then, I got the full save route, dialog box.

The status shows Modified, Payware and the original Appen is 1.5 MB and the clone under my name is 2 MB This difference may account for the file changes between TMR2017, build 4.4 and TRS+, build 5.1.

When I took a look at the config.txt in the clone, I saw this above my KUID for the route.

privileges
{
is-payware-content <kuid2:243828:100015:5>
}

kuid <kuid:124863:101418>

Yes, the downloader needs the content in order to make the route work because all the content is in fact in packages.

Think the rather peculiar name was probably a clue to it's quality, probably yet another user who thinks the DLS is for backups.

Probably right Malc, trying to download Matt's PRR route. But i am getting less than 20kb/sec on DLS.

Just downloaded two mods for ETS2 at the same time. Both downloaded at around 8mb/sec from a free download hosting site.

No excuse for a paid for service to be this slow.

Mike.

The name tells you that is not a serious asset. As clam said its probably a backup. Also I assume you are using a FCT?

Last edited:
I also have Gold membership and I have just downloaded the route "Luke I am your Father" to test it out.

The download, including all the dependencies that I did not already have (297 of them), took 12 minutes. During the download the speed maxed out at 8Mb/sec at about the 2/3rds mark and, shortly after that, it started to slowly decline down to 6.5Mb/sec by the end.

PS: The route has 166 "unknown assets". So that easily qualifies it to be deleted from my system.

Last edited:
I also have Gold membership and I have just downloaded the route "Luke I am your Father" to test it out.

The download, including all the dependencies that I did not already have (297 of them), took 12 minutes. During the download the speed maxed out at 8Mb/sec at about the 2/3rds mark and, shortly after that, it started to slowly decline down to 6.5Mb/sec by the end.

PS: The route has 166 "unknown assets". So that easily qualifies it to be deleted from my system.

You were lucky then buddy. I have never had 8mb/s on the DLS ever. I am on a full fibre service here, as well.

Everywhere else, but never the DLS.

Route was clean for me, nothing missing.

Mike.

Back