Unable to download content from the download station

Wegotism

Whenever I try to download an asset available for download it will never download, and when I try to see why, all it says is: ''Unable to search asset. Unable to contact server.'' Or it will say: ''Unable to search asset. Please check your my trainz login details'' Any ideas on whats wrong?

''Unable to search asset. Please check your my trainz login details'' Any ideas on whats wrong?
The most likely reason for this is that your forum username and password (the ones you used to log into these forums) do not match your Trainz username and password. The two must be the same.

Have you entered your username and password into the Trainz Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> MyTrainz tab? I don't know what version of Trainz you are using so the last entry may say something other than "MyTrainz".

If not, then:-
  1. Start Trainz Launcher
  2. Select the Trainz Settings option
  3. Select the MyTrainz tab (or whatever the last tab is labelled)
  4. Under MyTrainz Account (or whatever it is called in your version) you should see your username ("Wegotism"). If not then you will need to
    1. click the user link, enter your username ("Wegotism") and your password (the same one you use for these forums)
    2. hit the Enter key and wait for your account to be verified
    3. then exit the Settings and the Launcher back to the Windows desktop.
Restart the Launcher, select Manage Content and you should then be able to download content from the DLS.

There was some server maintenance done earlier this week. You need to log out of Trainz and log back. Not everyone was affected.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to contact the helpdesk.

Back