TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Seems to me when ever there is an update the modify date is changed to the date of the update. After you modify the route or session again, sort should work as it has before.

Rob

I've noticed the same, and the same thing occurs after an EDBR, which makes me think that's why this occurs during the updates.

Hi Deneban,

All the layers were unlocked, but you did give me an idea;

I have found the fault and its not with trainz, sort of ......... I use Synergy to share my mouse and keyboard over my 3 PC's ; something has changed between this version of trainz and the previous version that doesn't work with Synergy running.
If I shut down Synergy or use my KVM to switch controls, then I have no problems.

nzld

I've noticed the same, and the same thing occurs after an EDBR, which makes me think that's why this occurs during the updates.

Hello John, Rob

Thank you for your replies.

This morning I did a small change to my latest session of October 27,2021 and saved it to November 01,2021 - I then used the latest modified button and the session of November 01,2021 came in first position ( starting from the left ). The second session is one of September 22nd,2021, the third session is one of September 23rd,2021. My sessions of October 2021 are further away.

Changing the source ( All, My content, etc , ... ) doesn't make any difference.

In my version with SP3 and using the latest modified button, I would have had the following ( starting from the left )

first session would be the session of November 01,2021 , second session would be the session of October 27,2021 , third session would be another session of October 27,2021 etc

Now, I know what is happening and remember it :D

Kind regards

Kurt :wave:

Got SP4 installed after a way overlong DBR. So far, just working in CM, I am really not impressed. A ridiculous amount of new statuses, for what? And once simple things like "revert to original" or "list dependencies" is now taking much longer than before, they used to just pop right up. I supposed these are all previously discussed, so looking forward to actually trying some things, once I take care of all the sudden faulties and missing deps I did not have before. :(

We are near 3 weeks since SP4, a lot of bugs have been reported
getting a bit curious, will there be a hotfix for SP4?
What is really under repair atm.?
Is there anything we as users still can do to help n3v fix things?

getting a bit curious, will there be a hotfix for SP4?
What is really under repair atm.?

I am sure that we are all curious but do we want to put pressure on the devs to get a "fix" out fast just to satisfy that curiosity? A "rushed job" will just lead to criticisms of it being a "rushed job"! I would prefer to wait longer for a better outcome.

Is there anything we as users still can do to help n3v fix things?

Report issues as they uncover them at the official Trainz Bug Reporting Web Site with as much detail as possible. Many (but not all) of the bug reports that are just posted in these forums tend to be very vague.

Sure pware, I want it to be fixed good also
but currently many users can't play sessions of payed routes, that can't be good.

Not sure if you can talk about a rush job with a product that is over 3 years old and nearing the end of its cycle.

Most of the bugs I read in this thread are not vague at all,
if I as user can understand and experience them, surely n3v can.

I had another try at downloading the SP4 patch and this time I didn't have any problems. So far all seems well, but then I tend not to push the boundaries too much with my own route building. I haven't looked at any DLC yet as my main concern is whether my own work is Ok in the aftermath of patching. I'm still not all that sure if the steam blower in the advanced steam controls is working now as it certainly wasn't in SP3. I'll do some further testing and report back.

Little but off topic anyhow but after g.m. invite me to follow up this topic because I've talked about with g.m. about failures of SP3 and 4 now.

the last weeks a noticed a lot faulty ingame of auran as known kuid -25:xxxx etc.
How could It be possible that Auran never notice this?
Auran reject his own products :(

Just speculating here but while Auran has their name on those early objects, they were made by people, many who have moved on. Plus, standards have evolved over the years and things which were fine in the past are not optimal now. Since I doubt they had a working crystal ball back in the day, easy to understand why even they get caught with faulty objects. The question is: are they updating their own objects?

I have the same issue with freezes. Also during driving when I want to exit back to main screen, after hitting "Save" or "Don't Save", it returns back to the game and I have to force quit to exit the game.

Now on Monterey, same interface issues.

Support informed me today that they are aware of these issues, which are being caused by changes in the MacOS Monterey update. They hope to resolve it in the next update for TRS19, however they do not currently have a release date for the next update.

Just speculating here but while Auran has their name on those early objects, they were made by people, many who have moved on. Plus, standards have evolved over the years and things which were fine in the past are not optimal now. Since I doubt they had a working crystal ball back in the day, easy to understand why even they get caught with faulty objects. The question is: are they updating their own objects?

80-90% of those old legacy Auran assets still to this day contain the now prohibitive ".texture" graphic files rather than the acceptable ".bmp", ".png", or ".tga" graphic files. Those can be brought compliant very easily, but that has not been done to date. Modern Trainz releases continue to contain such early legacy assets as "built-in" or "base" that would never commit correctly with their bundled modern Trainz executable. So, if N3V hasn't updated the easy fixes, it infers we are further away from them updating the more complex Auran asset faults. We had a DLS cleanup effort to fix user legacy assets, that effort has been completed, but the equivalent effort for "built-in" and base assets hasn't happened yet.

I continue to wonder if the burdensome prohibition of ".texture" files was really worth any appreciable benefit. Why adopt the standard of prohibiting ".texture" files if they continued to be bundled in today's "built-in"/"base" assets?

Last edited:
80-90% of those old legacy Auran assets still to this day contain the now prohibitive ".texture" graphic files rather than the acceptable ".bmp", ".png", or ".tga" graphic files. ... I continue to wonder if the burdensome prohibition of ".texture" files was really worth any appreciable benefit. Why adopt the standard of prohibiting ".texture" files if they continued to be bundled in today's "built-in"/"base" assets?

I seem to recall (and I could be wrong here) that the reason for the ".texture" files instead of using the more common ".bmp", etc is to reduce the processing overhead of assets as they are loaded into the display. At least that was the explanation given some time ago. I believe that all the "built in" assets (at least all the ones that I just checked) use ".texture" files for this reason. Now it is true that modern CPUs/GPUs are much faster and far more efficient than those that were "state of the art" back in the days of TRS2006 or even TS12, so perhaps this may no longer be an issue, at least for those who can afford to update their hardware.

The issue of updating compliance of legacy items is always a tricky one and is not just restricted to Auran/N3V. I was reading recently that MS Excel has a date function bug that goes right back to the earliest versions of the software - it incorrectly has the year 1900 as a leap year which it is not because of one of the rules for assigning leap years (only century years divisible by 400 are leap years). It would be easy to fix this "bug" but fixing it would run the risk of "breaking" all spreadsheets that contain the year 1900 as part of their data set.

I've had a problem with loading a session saved in SP4 into surveyor and it freezing everything with the CPU churning away and going nowhere. The same thing happened when I last tried installing SP4. I'll dig out an older archived SP3 version of the session and see if that works. I did do a EDBR and it makes no difference. CM says nothing is faulty.

It looks like the steam blower is still not working in SP4. Driving one of my tramway engines (with my own handcrafted engine spec which works perfectly fine in TANE SP4) was certainly better in TRS19 SP4 with no weird uneven sudden flash steam production as was happening in SP3 and the safety valves were working properly as well which they weren't before. BUT when I applied my usual park the loco with the blower on one notch and go make a cup of tea test the boiler was only full of 'ghost' steam when I came back and tried to carry on shunting.
With another engine that was running an older engine spec under the steam controls I had the strange experience of it putting itself into reverse and backing up without me touching anything.

Last edited:
Kotangagirl - please submit bug reports with details of both issues.

I bug reported the freeze on entering surveyor, but your team won't be able to reproduce it since it happened with one of my 19th century layouts that uses third party assets.
Reporting the steam blower fault isn't a good fit for your bug report page either since once again I'm using third party assets with my own engine spec and your team won't be able to reproduce that.

I'll see if I can set up a steam test on a DLC layout using vanilla assets from the DLS and if that tips over I'll bug report that.

Why is "TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail" suddenly "Packaged, Payware (not active)"? So purchased content can become unusable based on N3V's goodwill?

Why is "TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail" suddenly "Packaged, Payware (not active)"? So purchased content can become unusable based on N3V's goodwill?

It's fine here - check your Content Vault selection. If you haven't selected it, it won't be authorised.

I bug reported the freeze on entering surveyor, but your team won't be able to reproduce it since it happened with one of my 19th century layouts that uses third party assets.
Reporting the steam blower fault isn't a good fit for your bug report page either since once again I'm using third party assets with my own engine spec and your team won't be able to reproduce that.

I'll see if I can set up a steam test on a DLC layout using vanilla assets from the DLS and if that tips over I'll bug report that.

The QA team made some good suggestions, but I managed to fix the freeze up on opening the session in surveyor, by deleting it and replacing it with a recent SP3 back up copy of the session and then doing a 'save as' in surveyor to create a SP4 4.9 session. So far everything seems fine.

I'm doing some further tests to check out the steam blower, but one of the problems I can see is that a good few steam engine e.specs are TS2009 or older and they are badly in need of updating to work properly under the advanced steam control set.

It's fine here - check your Content Vault selection. If you haven't selected it, it won't be authorised.

As mentioned, I PURCHASED this DLC (two years ago), why should I select it in the Content Vault? And why did it become "not active" all of sudden?

Back