Assigning names to bookmarks

RobKi

Since this question was not accepted in the Suggestions subforum, I assume that the feature is already in TS19. So:

I find the location bookmarks shown in the Content Finder (Ctrl Shift F) very useful for jumping around on my boards. They would be even more useful if I could assign them a name. Their tooltip popup now identifies them as Bookmark 1, Bookmark 2, and so on. Is there any way to edit these names?

Your help will be appreciated.

Not that I'm aware of. I've always used a paper notepad to track which bookmark represents what location.

William

Yes, it would be great if we were able to rename bookmarks. One has to devise their own system to remember what bookmark relates to where on the map.

I just remembered the user martinvk made a number of push pin and flag objects that are on the DLS. They are re-nameable and only show in surveyor. You can place them where you want and use the "?" tool to give them a name. Then use the Find Object... menu item to find them and center the view on them. He made a number of useful tools for use in surveyor and I see that he has updated them to work in TANE and above.

William

I used to use a track mark. I would call it current end of track or something like that so I could quickly navigate to a location if I wanted to return to where I was editing after wandering off somewhere else. Once I finished editing that location, I'd delete the track mark and create a new one later as I moved along.

I also have used Martin's pus-pin objects they work really great for naming locations in those instances when we don't have track to place a track mark.

Back