Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by martinvk View Post
    Perhaps those that went to SP3 without issues don't chime in to announce nothing bad happened.
    Hey Martin, I am glad you are here. I use your <kuid2:70337:23085:2> Guide 4t 4m extensively on my Fostoria pike. New in SP3, when I load to edit session, "Unnamed Building" suddenly appears on the unoccupied track attachment points of the guide. I know they are attached to the guide because they disappear with the guide is deleted. Admittedly the guide is game version 2.4, but any idea how to remove these assets from the attachment points short of deleting the guide? Going back to the SP2 version is available for the remedy. I was thinking adding invisible track to the attachment points to displace these ghosts might do the trick.
    Last edited by deneban; April 18th, 2021 at 03:00 PM.

SP3 broke the list of train drivers (in driver mode). When you try to deploy it, the game freezes. Therefore, you will have to not use it at all. It's not clear what the beta testers have been doing all this time?
    Last edited by trwex; April 18th, 2021 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries

First, thanks for using and using my track guide. It is one of my favourites too, seeing use in every map to keep constant spacing between tracks.
    So I opened an existing WIP route and added a new set of guides and placed tracks between the two inner attachments. Closed the route and opened the session for editing. Opened Find Object and didn't see any reference to an unnamed building.
    find_object.jpg
    What else did you do to provoke that error?
    Are you sure it is related to my guide?

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Blog Entries

What else did you do to provoke that error?
    Are you sure it is related to my guide?
    Hi Martin, this isn't the first time these guides have grabbed assets on their own. They also use to grab Boat's Invisible Trains in TS12 when placed near ASB invisible track circuits; I would see stationary consist numbers show up in driver in map view on the attachment points left bare in Surveyor. Deleting those ghost consists in Driver would work for a few minutes, but then they would grab new invisible trains a few moments later. I know from experience they can snag assets if not fully populated. Yes it is the guides because the only thing needed to make the "Unnamed Building" go away was deleting the guide. Also the "find object" facility zooms in on an unused attachment point on the guide for the "Unnamed Building". Can you offer a remedy without trying to reproduce it first (short of deleting the guide)?
    Last edited by deneban; April 18th, 2021 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deneban View Post
    ... Can you offer a remedy without trying to reproduce it first?
    That is a tall order. Without reproducing the behaviour it is kind of hard to know what is happening. Those red patches on the ground are invisible tracks that get replaced by whatever track you attach. Hard to see how they could grab anything else like other consists. Tried to manually add Boat's invisible train but that fails. The invisble track segment in the guide is too short for a train to occupy it.
    As for the ASB Invisible Track Circuit, is that 151055:23160? I downloaded and installed it but the text is all in Russian so I have no idea what to do with it.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Well, I cannot solve the loading problems that I have described earlier in this forum.
    My only recourse is to uninstall Trainz and begin with a clean slate...again, go to my backed-up assets and place them in Trainz...again and spend hours getting things back the way they were before SP3.
    If I get this back to the way it was, I am NOT going to install anymore updates to this program.
    Captain, Winnipeg Fire Department, Retired

charlielima - Seems you are not getting to the Launcher due to something corrupted in your database.

Here's something to try that might get you back to the Launcher, so we can run an Extended Database Rebuild otherwise known as a Full Database Repair.
    In Windows Explorer (File Manager) navigate to your UserData folder containing your TRS19 local data files and folders. Open the 'cache' folder and then drill down to open the internet folder. Delete the entire contents of the internet folder (but not the folder itself).
    Exit Explorer and try to restart TRS19.
    If Launcher now opens successfully, check the 'Local data folder' path on the Install tab of Trainz Settings for the correct location of your UserData folder and that your UID details are correct on the MyTrainz (or Internet) tab.
    Now we need to run an Extended Database Repair:
    Hold down the Ctrl key whilst clicking on the 'Rebuild database' command in the Developer menu.
    This time the rebuild should complete and your build should be operating normally (albeit slowly on first run, since it is still pre-caching shaders and compiling scripts, etc.).
    If not, then a full reinstallation is probably required.

Did you not have a complete backup of the TRS19 program folder and UserData folders saved to another disk before applying the patch as is recommended?
    (If you did, then delete the current installation and restore the backup and then run a full database rebuild on your old content/ repair anything amiss, checking to see that it is running correctly, Before attempting to patch to Service Pack 3 again).

Edit update: I was writing my response at the same time as you posted above, it seems! We hadn't forgotten you - just busy in our own part of the world...(Mid-Monday morning here now).
    Let me assert that Service Pack 3 is definitely worth upgrading to if you persist. It is faster and smoother in operation and has many of the little niggles that afflicted SP2 fixed.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; April 18th, 2021 at 06:18 PM.

well I'm sticking with build 100331 ,and I also intend to stay working in TANE SP3 .
    I avoid all updates, I work with the existing issues in each version, as long as they aren't game killers. these versions have at least (so far) not stuffed up miles of splines etc, although a freeze due to me not noticing i was running out of disc space and the subsequent restart it entailed did take out 40 boards in SP3 TANE, that was all my fault anyway , not keeping an eye on what I was installing on my data drive .

However one has to bear in mind that that's ALWAYS a possibility in this game ,what ever version you use.

My maxim is to keep older installs available to override new updates , never jump in and replace the old with the new until it looks like the new hasn't more issues than the previous version.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

This update completely broke the portals for me. Now every train that has a reversed loco at the end derails in the portal. And long trains still randomly split while running under AI. When is N3V going to fix this coupler breakage? Its really annoying and frustrating.

Williamg - Which portal (Name and KUID) are you using? There were problems with portals in Service Pack 2 that were supposedly fixed in this new build, SP3.
    One of the issues encountered was indeed related to reversed vehicles in the named consists - but that was fixed (we thought).
    I have tested this extensively over several beta builds and the latest build 111951 again today based on your comments above and cannot reproduce those earlier derailments, even with very long multi-loco consists with reversed bankers, etc.
    The portals that work for me are: <kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short and <kuid:-25:1264> Portal.
    I have been unsuccessful in ever getting the most recent update to Portal Basic (HP) to work successfully in TRS19 as the 2 latest versions bring over pre-included (faulty) consists in its configuration files.
    My test today did however show considerable jerkiness of a very long consist emanating from a portal (<kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short ). This particular consist has 5 or more leading locos with some facing forward, others reversed, and 46 or more container flats plus a reversed locomotive banking at the rear.
    Despite the jerkiness, it issued without derailment and then happily proceeded to complete its assigned schedule.
    Please send in a Bug Report outlining the repro steps/ methods required to derail your portal emissions/ consumption using this form https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu so we can get QA to sort out this issue once and for all. Cheers and thanks. PC.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; April 18th, 2021 at 08:23 PM.

For those with issues, I can assure you there have been many thousands of hours of testing without any of these being raised. The majority of these issues are going to require your assistance to track down what is different in your install/route/hardware that is causing a problem.

1. SP3 broke the list of train drivers (in driver mode). When you try to deploy it, the game freezes. Therefore, you will have to not use it at all. It's not clear what the beta testers have been doing all this time?
    >> We have not been able to reproduce this issue. It is likely that this issue is related to either your route, the drivers you are using, some other script running on the route etc. Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

2. This update completely broke the portals for me. Now every train that has a reversed loco at the end derails in the portal.
    >>We have not been able to reproduce this issue.
    Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

3. And long trains still randomly split while running under AI. When is N3V going to fix this coupler breakage? Its really annoying and frustrating.
    >> I can understand your frustration, but this is the first report (afaik) of the issue.

4. My only recourse is to uninstall Trainz and begin with a clean slate.
    >>
    No need to uninstall or reinstall. First try the extended db repair. If that doesn't work, you can delete the .tdx files and back .tdx files and restart Trainz (this will remove saved settings and picklists but should get you up and running). Failing that, create a new loco data folder then import your old content (
    https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content)

5. Yeah I'm also getting a ton of texture based errors from stuff that wasn't busted before this so called "update" dropped.
    >>
    Without any detail here my guess is you've imported builtin content (which does not include the texture files) and therefore results in errors. Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

6. Re Paulz Trainz - thanks Paul for the update. I suspect the problem is that your loco script was handling something that has changed with the TNI physics update. Updating the script should resolve the animation and loco movement issues.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post

2. This update completely broke the portals for me. Now every train that has a reversed loco at the end derails in the portal.
    >>We have not been able to reproduce this issue.
    You can really easily by just holding the shift key (That speeds up Trainz 2x) with the Build-in HST or any train with a loco reversed, it will break the consist when coming out of the portal (The lighter the cars are the worse it is). The problem I think is that when the last loco comes out the portal the train stops real quick and that brakes the coupler (or it stretches the entire consists) the more powerful the locos are the worse it is.

Not all trains brake apart though, its related to the max-accel, max-decel in the enginespec motor container, if you up the numbers like 4x the train will break the lighter the cars are. I don't understand why you cant disable this coupler breakage feature, the AI just handles the trains to "rampant" for a realistic coupler simulation.

PC_Ace
    Tried your last piece of advise. No change. Still will not start.
    I have taken the drastic step to uninstall Trainz19 and start from scratch with a fresh install.
    I have it working now but I have lost thousands of assets and routes.
    I will try and dig them up from backups and saved files.
    Very disheartening and no fun at all.
    Claude
    Captain, Winnipeg Fire Department, Retired

charlielima - Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that you have a working version again at least.
    Hope you can recover your old routes and other assets from your backups successfully.
    Your previous patch/ installation was obviously seriously corrupt for some unknown reason.

Blog Entries

That is a tall order. Without reproducing the behaviour it is kind of hard to know what is happening. Those red patches on the ground are invisible tracks that get replaced by whatever track you attach. Hard to see how they could grab anything else like other consists. Tried to manually add Boat's invisible train but that fails. The invisble track segment in the guide is too short for a train to occupy it.
    As for the ASB Invisible Track Circuit, is that 151055:23160? I downloaded and installed it but the text is all in Russian so I have no idea what to do with it.
    That's not following my drift - Lets take it to another thread so as not to burden this thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...82#post1868582
    Last edited by deneban; April 18th, 2021 at 11:09 PM.