Trainz Plus Release Candidates PC & Steam 122399 & 122403

n3v_laurence

As we prepare the final stages of release for Trainz Plus HD Terrain, we have the Trainz Plus Release Candidates now available on Trainz Plus Beta update stream and trainzplusbeta Steam Beta.

Thank you to all those who have helped with Trainz Plus Beta testing. This build has Assertion Errors turned off.

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Available Builds:
Trainz Store (PC Only):
Trainz Plus: 122127 to 122399

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream - Requires build 122127. This is a 65 MiB Patch.

Steam (PC Only)
Steam PC Trainz Plus: 122403

For Steam Trainz Plus beta access, go to properties > Betas > Enter beta code “trainzplusbeta1” and click on Check Code. Then select trainzplusbeta from the dropdown listing to update. This is a 10.6GB Download.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Default settings have shifted down, old Ultra is now High, and old High is now Medium

Change log 122127 & 122137 to 122399 & 122403

• Fixed a Bulk Replace (Surveyor Classic) Freeze
  • Dighole Improvements for Route Upgrade
  • Multiple MPS improvements and fixes
  • Rare Crash fixes

Key Features:

• New HD Grid resolution
  • New Shader Options, Basic, Standard & Extreme
    • Basic is equivalent to old Standard
    • Standard is equivalent to old Ultra
  • New Update Route option
  • Clutter Effect Layer Rework
    • GPU Clutter (Windows Only)
  • New Color Tint Effect Layer
  • New User Interfaces
  • Water Effect Layers changes including options for water color
  • Increased maximum draw distance 22km

HD Grid:

• 30km draw distance
  • Tessellation ensuring detail up close, reduced detail in the distance
  • Original textures used for mini-map/satellite view (No "Low LOD" textures)
  • Maximum 16 textures per baseboard
  • Minimum 0.125m Radius brush size
  • No baseboard "walls" (extend your terrain indefinitely)
  • Rotation and Scale options for HD Textures
  • Scrapbook support should be good now (please report bugs with detailed steps)
  • Lots of tweaks to parallax and displacement mapping
  • "Add New Baseboard" option
  • "Convert Existing Baseboard to..." option
  • "Upgrade Route" option to automate conversion to HD
    • Converts legacy water to water effect layer (all water will appear 5m below ground surface)
    • Updates all baseboards to HD
    • Checks for the 16 most used textures on each board and replaces other textures with nearby textures (Automatic Handling)

Effect Layers:

• Color Effect Layer type added (S20 & HD Terrain Only)
  • Rework and improvement of Clutter Effects
  • Implementation of GPU Clutter for smoother performance
  • Water Effect Layers now support color changes

User Interface Changes:

• New Driver Properties Window
  • New Driver Settings, Driver location, Player Assignment, Dispatch Status, Command status, Activity log
  • Vehicle Properties Window updated with new properties as per Driver
  • New Driver MiniMap (found in Driver Properties Window)
  • New Driver Palette for S20

Important Information:

• HD Terrain is only editable in S20 Trainz Plus
  • HD Terrain does not support seamless joins to legacy terrain (so we recommend converting the entire route)
  • HD Terrain is not compatible with Legacy Water
  • Converting from HD Terrain to 5m & 10m will cause some loss of detail
  • Large Copy & Paste operations do not support HD detail
  • Color Effect requires a minimum 5m radius
  • Use Sensitivity % to adjust the rate of update when painting/terraforming
  • New Detail windows and logs
  • Asset naming (previously done via properties) has been moved to Info Palette
  • No TurfFX for Mac

Known Issues:

• High resource usage on HD routes
  • Water Effect Layer does not work with color from skybox, but instead has its own color options, now allowing for different water colors for each individual Water Effect Layer
  • Driver Properties window not correctly refreshing (work around: Close and reopen the properties window)
  • Legacy Water can not be applied with Surveyor Classic (this will be fixed for release)
  • Single click ground height edits are not registering when using Half/None Vsync (this has been fixed for release)

REMINDER:

** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

Last edited:
Patching took just a minute or two and Trainz was up and running with far less pre-caching than previous beta builds.
Looks great so far with no errors shown/ thrown.
What exactly was the 'bulk replace fix' mentioned above in the Change Log? How do you activate bulk replacement of assets/ splines, etc., in Surveyor 2.0 now? Is it even possible? (I cannot see any menu or tool changes to enable this process, so wonder where it is buried in the new S2 tools palette? )

Patching took just a minute or two and Trainz was up and running with far less pre-caching than previous beta builds.
Looks great so far with no errors shown/ thrown.
What exactly was the 'bulk replace fix' mentioned above in the Change Log? How do you activate bulk replacement of assets/ splines, etc., in Surveyor 2.0 now? Is it even possible? (I cannot see any menu or tool changes to enable this process, so wonder where it is buried in the new S2 tools palette? )

The tool is in Surveyor Classic. There is currently no bulk replace in S20.

Update to 122399 was fast and with no problems. I have tested the new build with several of my routes and have found no problems so far.
I have all my settings maxed out. All my routes run very smoothly.

i dont know either what "bulk replace fix " in change log means. Trying to bulk replace textures in upgraded routes, does not work. You get a hd edting not supported message, so it is not possible to fix the mess created with the 16 texture limit. At least, not in this beta build.

i dont know either what "bulk replace fix " in change log means. Trying to bulk replace textures in upgraded routes, does not work. You get a hd edting not supported message, so it is not possible to fix the mess created with the 16 texture limit. At least, not in this beta build.

I think that when you are using HD textures that the bulk replacement does not apply to them. However, bulk replace still works with objects. I just bulk replaced signals in a route which was in the HD mode, and it worked as expected.

n3v_laurence The tool is in Surveyor Classic. There is currently no bulk replace in S20.
Thanks for the clarification.
I was indeed able to replace track splines and fence lines using the Bulk Asset Replace Tool from Classic Surveyor in my latest HD route creation, a task I will always want to perform whenever a better/ higher quality asset turns up/ becomes available.
@Paul_Bert - Good to see the same applies to track objects. Thank you.

Trainz Settings/Interface Settings
Compass Movement = Keyboard
Camera Behavior = Panning

Zoom out map so that I can see another part of the map.
Left-click on map that I want to go to: Nothing happens
Right-click on map that I want to go to: Map rotates instead of moving to where I right-click.

This happens in Surveyor 2.0 and Classic Surveyor. Bug?

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues with ground in rocky cuts along my non-HD routes? I created two large, rugged routes that cannot be saved after converting to HD terrain. :confused:

Submitted bug report. This has been a problem since build [FONT=&quot]121380[/FONT], and this is the second time I reported this.

Submitted bug report. This has been a problem since build 121380, and this is the second time I reported this.

If you are referring to parallax distortion. HD Terrain specifically fixes that issue. The route you sent in was in 10M Grid. You will still see the parallax distortion on 5M/10M baseboards in same fashion it appears in 119450. Converting the baseboards to HD Terrain should resolve it.

It does fix that problem but for my large routes it causes other problems.
Gaps between the ends of bridges and the ground. It seems to add ridges on slopes that were smooth with 10M Grid. Water needs to be extended further under the ground to prevent edges. My two large routes cannot be saved after conversion.

I might have to go back to a Build before this problem 1st appeared for me.

Having an interesting phenomenon with this latest PC build....it seems that if your consist has a locomotive that does not physically install a driver person into the locomotive, then when you save and go back to the session the driver has disappeared and what used to show as player train now shows as no driver assigned and you have to search for the consist. This has happened consistently when the player locomotive does not show a physical driver, but if you edit that player consist and substitute a locomotive that does place a physical driver in the locomotive, that very same consist that lost the driver upon restarting the session now retains the driver and player consist. Anyone else having this situation?

You will still see the parallax distortion on 5M/10M baseboards in same fashion it appears in 119450. Converting the baseboards to HD Terrain should resolve it.

After further experimenting with performance settings, I found out that it was the shader quality setting that was causing the problem. Anything above 'basic' causes distortion.

I tried out the new build and HD Terrain looks great. I only played with it for an hour or so, but I'm able to see its potential. Thank you guys, both developers and people who tested it.

However, I noticed a strange thing related to the new "Color effect". If we turn on snow attitude, it also makes the snow looking like a rainbow. The colors which made perfect sense on grass or dirt, do not have much sense for the snow cover. Of course, it's possible to hide the layer on all-winter sessions, but it becomes problematic if we want a partial snow cover.

sniegi_trs22.png

There could be a checkbox in the effect configuration like "Paint on snow" or something.

Back