Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area

In TS19+ build 111951. Is anyone else having this happen. This has been broken for the last two updates. The turntable pulls the attachment points around to a match the position it was left in during previses play. Don
    Don49plm

Would be nice to see it without all the spline points obscuring everything. And does this happen with other turntables or only this one?
    3DS Max 2009/2012. T:ANE SP4 (105946) & TRS19 SP2 (110491).
    Win10, i7 5820K, 3.3GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti 6GB vram, 2x512GB SSD.

No, not just the one but all turntables are pulling the track around.
    Don49plm

Quote Originally Posted by DON49PLM View Post

(image removed)

No, not just the one but all turntables are pulling the track around.
    That looks kind of serious so off to check......

Just tried my own constructed turntables and they are behaving as normal after a session save, however I'm never easily convinced.
    So added some sample turntables on my test board, ones with multiple roads ones with just a few and a straight forward turntable and they are all messed up, including my own, rotating the actual turntable asset in surveyor however put everything back as it was, this is bizarre and definitely a nasty bug. It's the actual whole Turntable asset that is moving or rather rotating.

My unaffected ones are on my WIP and were placed way back when TRS19 was pre SP1, or rather my working copy was, which may account for why they don't seem to be affected.
    Malc

Do you have Trainz+? If so, It happens when in player mode, you turn the turn table. Then go to edit mode and just move something, any thing on the route level, it doesn't mater. that save and exit the game. When you reload the turntable is wacko.
    Don49plm

Quote Originally Posted by DON49PLM View Post
    Do you have Trainz+? If so, It happens when in player mode, you turn the turn table. Then go to edit mode and just move something, any thing on the route level, it doesn't mater. that save and exit the game. When you reload the turntable is wacko.
    Yes Trainz plus however I have done a lot of route editing on my WIP and the turntables haven't been affected, only the ones I've just added to my test board.

This I think makes it clearer what's happened. There is actually a metal plate with track on it under that ballast

Last edited by clam1952; May 9th, 2021 at 06:57 PM.
    Malc

Yes, I have had this happen in both the last two builds when modifying something quite unrelated, mainly in older routes. I think it was reported early on, but is as yet unresolved. I delete the turntable, delete missing assets, save the session and route, reload and renew the turntable (with the original asset). Eventually stability returns, although I have no idea what went awry in the first place. All the more reason to back up before making changes.

ingha

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Quick update - the non-beta patches are now all updated.

John - after 20 years there have been a few changes, but you're right, it's time for a complete rework.

You didn't see this w.i.p. shot
    The one major new feature I would like to see in Surveyor would be the ability to copy between routes. From the screenshots you provided it looks like you might be supporting that. Is that the case here?

Bob
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)

A new beta edition is coming soon with a range of fixes. This includes turntables (new rotation info wasn't being saved).

Re: Allowing to copy between routes
    >>
    Well now, I'd be starting to spill some beans if I went into too much detail, but let's just say for now we'll be introducing a new feature called "Scrapbook". (Cue the rumour mill about what that means...).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Fantastic news/ rumour-starter indeed! Thanks Tony!

Blog Entries

The mill is grinding, we'll see what comes out.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Ahhh! So we have Tony eluding to a possible new feature below:
    A new beta edition is coming soon with a range of fixes. This includes turntables (new rotation info wasn't being saved).

>>
    Well now, I'd be starting to spill some beans if I went into too much detail, but let's just say for now we'll be introducing a new feature called "Scrapbook". (Cue the rumour mill about what that means...).
    So I thought long and hard about how a Scrapbook feature might work - a scrapbook is a range of items cut from an original source and pasted into a new source a book for example (map in Trainz).
    Could this be like when we do - Hold CtrlC and then do a CtrlV and paste - but expanding on this idea by doing a Ctrl/Shift select then do a paste (ie: multiple items).
    Or area select a map section and assets and then paste - the rumour mill is turning here!
    butler57

Blog Entries

This would also imply an ability to open two routes at the same time and being able to toggle back and forth between them otherwise copy / paste will be a rather clumsy operation. Oh well, we can dream.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Hmmmm, let's see. Open a route, copy selection to scrapbook, close route 1, open route 2 or blank boards and paste from scrapbook. That would be the basics of it I reckon.
    Graeme

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

>>
    Thanks for the reply! Such a new feature would be good news indeed!

This would be especially helpful to anyone creating a new route. They could just copy various scenes they like from one route and paste into their new route. What a time saver that would be, especially for newbies!

As an example I create farms from a lot of different component content items, and I use farms a lot on my various routes. It is very tedious to re-create these farms for a different route as currently I have to do it from scratch each time. With a between routes copy and paste function it would be much simpler. The same also goes for towns, industries and cities. I really look forward to this new feature!

Bob
    Last edited by MSGSapper; May 18th, 2021 at 09:58 AM.
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)