New to TRS19

llebrez

After installing and importing my route to TRS19, I found that some rules show errors and are in red. Then looking for the command menu, I could not find it. And all the settings I had on my route are gone (junction controllers for example). Finally, where is the preset location menu in surveyor? I mean these bookmarks at the content search filter we had in T:ANE? I have look for these questions at the help pages and Wiki but can't see what I am looking for.

Some specifics needed.

What rules are showing red (kuids)?

By "Command Menu" do you mean the Driver Command bar that sits at the bottom of the screen in TANE Driver mode? If so then welcome to the "shock of the new".
On the extreme right of the bottom display bar are three "dots". Click on them. Each click will take you to another display bar. Two clicks will reveal the traditional Driver Command bar (in a new look).

Don't know about the bookmarks - I never used them in TANE.

Click through the menu buttons at the top of the screen to get an idea of where things are in both Surveyor and Driver. Personally, I like the new menu arrangement but there are others who don't.

Have you checked for missing dependencies and updated content that the route uses? Did you import any sessions that go with the route? that may contain information for it.

The bookmarks are in the 'Display Menu' (top left 4th icon) -> 'Show Search Filter' (or CTRL+SHIFT+F).

Peter

Some specifics needed.

What rules are showing red (kuids)?

By "Command Menu" do you mean the Driver Command bar that sits at the bottom of the screen in TANE Driver mode? If so then welcome to the "shock of the new".
On the extreme right of the bottom display bar are three "dots". Click on them. Each click will take you to another display bar. Two clicks will reveal the traditional Driver Command bar (in a new look).

Don't know about the bookmarks - I never used them in TANE.

Click through the menu buttons at the top of the screen to get an idea of where things are in both Surveyor and Driver. Personally, I like the new menu arrangement but there are others who don't.
Very clever: I found the command bar at the bottom (not as large as before, but is there). I also found the bookmarks by clicking the display menu on top-left. So far so good. Now, I can't Zoom by using Page Up or Down. Using a mouse, the scroll wheel works. As per the rules in red: Schedule Library is not showing (red), so is "Trigger Multiple Signals" and "Set Junctions". They are not available on that menu of commands under ADD commands or Rules. Did check on CM and see if there were updates or faults and found that the rules were not installed!. Found all except "Set Junctions" (*). Once installed, their menu was Empty! I would mean that I would have to re-program every single one. Could be that if I delete the session and re-install it with the rule in place, it may work. Will try everything. The Zoom issue is the worst at this point. Thank you all.
(*) I will try to import this from T:ANE as I can't see it in DLS.

1) Set Junctions built-in on mine is KUID:-25:1269 But it shows red or error.
2) Zoom by page keys does not work in surveyor nor driver. Possibility is that this TRS19 is installed on my gaming laptop for testing the waters before I commit it to the desktop. This ASUS laptop maybe does not agree with the way the program interfaces, and even the touchpad does not have a scroll side area where you can simulate the mouse wheel. But a trackball plugged works fine doing everything including zoom. The amount of difficulty, hassle and others will determine if I migrate to 19 or remain in T:ANE.
3) On the starting page I see all the routes available. There is a filter at the top to select routes by areas of the World. The list is at the bottom horizontally. Is there anyway to scroll it to the right or left to see all of the routes? As it is my imported route shows only a quarter lost at the right corner of the list, but clickable..

I have platinum and there is no -25:1269 anywhere to be found. Use the mouse wheel to scroll along the route list or enter the name in the search bar top right.

1) Set Junctions built-in on mine is KUID:-25:1269 But it shows red or error.

Showing as KUID:-25:1269 built-in on my build 105096 and is working perfectly.

2) Zoom by page keys does not work in surveyor nor driver. Possibility is that this TRS19 is installed on my gaming laptop for testing the waters before I commit it to the desktop. This ASUS laptop maybe does not agree with the way the program interfaces

I have the same problem on my TRS19 install on a Dell Gaming Laptop. One of the Trainz Function keys (forget which one as I am not with that laptop at the moment) opens the speaker volume control whenever I press it in Trainz. It is a matter of reassigning keys which you can do in Trainz but I have not yet got around to doing.

3) On the starting page I see all the routes available. There is a filter at the top to select routes by areas of the World. The list is at the bottom horizontally. Is there anyway to scroll it to the right or left to see all of the routes?

Just below the route "thumbnails" and barely visible (if you squint) is a horizontal scroll bar. Grab it and move it to the right. This is one area of complaint I have with TRS19 - the choice of colours for the menus, control bars, etc.

Last edited:
I highly recommend checking for updates. This will ensure you have the latest content.

For the routes menu, I use My content so I can see what I have created and modified and don't bother with the built-ins or DLC unless I want them.

Back