Does the Steam version of TRS19 connect to the Trainz Content Store?

screecher

So basically, I have the Steam version of TRS19 and I am looking at the Steam DLC on there. There seems to be a major difference between the Steam DLC and the ones on the Trainz Content Store. e.g. When I look at the Steam version of Tidewater Point Route, the ratings seem to be extremely negative compared to the Tidewater Point Route on the Trainz Content Store and on the Jointed Rail site. So does it connect? I felt like after this, buying from the official website is better because you get more and that I haven't encountered that much problems in my game so far.

Yes, your My Trainz account (once you log into the game with it) will connect to the Trainz store version of the DLCs. I do this all the time with both the N3V and the Steam versions of Trainz.

You'll have to remember then that the Content Store from the launcher won't show the actual name of it but just the sc number so you'll want to keep this page bookmarked so you can go back to it if need to - https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading (scroll down until you see Complete DLC Listing).

Keep the following in mind however:
- DLCs from Steam will only work with the Steam version of Trainz and will not work with the N3V version
- DLCs from the Trainz store will work in both the Steam version and the N3V version.

Cheers

The reviews on Steam tend to be negative especially shortly after a release. Over time they tend to become positive. My guess is that some people buy items just to give it a negative review and then get a refund. I know it sounds daft but I guess they are users of other train sims. As far as I have seen over more than 10 years using Steam for Trainz. The DLC items are exactly the same packages but I tend to buy from the Trainz store just because I can use the DLC in my versions of Trainz that come from N3V directly too.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, when I go to one of the products on the website and select Add to Cart and pay, what will it do? In the ingame version, you can immediately pay, but in the website, you don't need to pay right away.

They get added to your download cart and you pay for them all at once, then you get to download them, from links provided.

Edit: I think that you download them in-game, from the Trainz Store window with the button on the Launcher window.

Edit 2: I think that both work.

Last edited:
Just another opinion. I got my firts version of trainz from steam, don't care to have to log into steam just to work play Tane. i have been buying from Trainz ,better service and no Steam headaches.

Hi,
I had a TaNE N3V , then I bought TRS19 Steam. All built-in TaNE DLC appeared in TRS19. If I buy TRS22 Steam, will the DLCs from previous games appear in TRS22?
Thanks.

I doubt that I understood everything correctly, but here the developer claims that any DLC packs you purchased for TRS19 will be available for you to download in TRS22 without needing to purchase them again:
As steam owner of Trainz i can confirm that every dlc i bought for Tane steam version works in Trainz 22 steam version correct. That was the reason i bought Trainz 22 to have backwards compatibility which is very true. Some content might need a bit work to appear correct like some others not at all.

As steam owner of Trainz i can confirm that every dlc i bought for Tane steam version works in Trainz 22 steam version correct. That was the reason i bought Trainz 22 to have backwards compatibility which is very true. Some content might need a bit work to appear correct like some others not at all.
If everything is bought by Steam, then everything is clear. As I wrote above, I have TaNE not Steam version, nevertheless, all DLCs were added to the TRS2019 purchased in the steam.
It is said about the inheritance of DLC games purchased in different places.

If everything is bought by Steam, then everything is clear. As I wrote above, I have TaNE not Steam version, nevertheless, all DLCs were added to the TRS2019 purchased in the steam.
It is said about the inheritance of DLC games purchased in different places.
Well i do not have any experience with different versions, i think the wise choice is not to buy different versions, follow what you have chosen from the beginning so to avoid content from being less compatible. Good thing for you that every old content is added!

If there are no differences in the versions of the game, I consider it a reasonable decision to buy where they sell several times cheaper.

I have been entertaining the idea of buying Trainz from Steam just to get it to run under Linux more reliably, but I`m quite reluctant for various reasons and probably won`t. Does anyone run Trainz under Steam for Linux?

I have TRS2019, bought through Steam.

Absolutely zero issues with buying DLC, either from the Trainz Store website, or from Steam.

Rico

I have been entertaining the idea of buying Trainz from Steam just to get it to run under Linux more reliably, but I`m quite reluctant for various reasons and probably won`t. Does anyone run Trainz under Steam for Linux?

The minimum requirements for MacOS on Steam for TRS22

Processor: Intel i5 2Ghz (M1 Recommended)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Metal-Supporting GPU
Storage: 40 GB available space

The minimum requirements for MacOS on Steam for TRS19

Processor: Intel i5 2Ghz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 with 1GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 3.3
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: Yes

Recommended for TRS19

Processor: Intel i7 3 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB VRAM (3.8GHz)
Storage: 50 GB available space

The minimum requirements for MacOS on Steam for TANE

Processor: i5 2 Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro with 1GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 3.3
Storage: 30 GB available space

Recommended for TANE

Processor: i5 2.3 Ghz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Dedicated Graphics card with 1 GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 3.3
Storage: 30 GB available space

-----
I hope this information is useful :)

Thank you, no, as I would be using Steam for Linux, not Steam for Mac. Yes, I know that modern Macs run what appears to be a modified Linux under the hood, but I`m running Linux on PClone hardware and cannot afford to buy a new computer just for one game. I`ve already paid more for hardware upgrades for the game than I paid for the game itself. I cannot afford more. One of the many reasons I expect to not actually go the Steam route. I`m still curious about Trainz for Steam for Linux, though. How does Trainz for Steam for Mac work for you?

Thank you, no, as I would be using Steam for Linux, not Steam for Mac. Yes, I know that modern Macs run what appears to be a modified Linux under the hood, but I`m running Linux on PClone hardware and cannot afford to buy a new computer just for one game. I`ve already paid more for hardware upgrades for the game than I paid for the game itself. I cannot afford more. One of the many reasons I expect to not actually go the Steam route. I`m still curious about Trainz for Steam for Linux, though. How does Trainz for Steam for Mac work for you?
I think there is useful information about Linux here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/553520/discussions/0/3124866868189869609/

Back