Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC route now available to beta testers

Hi Im new to this but on the 15th November I downloaded and installed the Canadian Rocky Mountains route it worked fine and I got halfway through Westbound coal. , then 16th November there were more file downloads which I installed , and now the sessions fail with missing dependencies,

P.S. it looks to be the same for Niddertal Bahn

Hi Im new to this but on the 15th November I downloaded and installed the Canadian Rocky Mountains route it worked fine and I got halfway through Westbound coal. , then 16th November there were more file downloads which I installed , and now the sessions fail with missing dependencies,

P.S. it looks to be the same for Niddertal Bahn

Welcome to the forums.

Go into Content Manager and check for missing dependencies. There was an engine update which affects many locomotives that wasn't included with the update, and you can download the update from the DLS by right-clicking on one of the locomotives missing the dependency and choosing view dependencies. You'll see the missing asset that you can then download.

I just finished the westward coal run. The route is definitely pretty. All the new PBR and TurfX. The topography is awesome. My only down is there is not much to do. It is a beautiful point A to B route.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I looked at the modelled area last night on Google Earth Pro - looks to be fairly faithfully reproduced, particularly around Golden.
Includes Donald, Horse Creek, McMurdo, etc. - Just a small slice of beautiful BC paradise.

Here's another look at the same area of the Golden Yard illustrated by brucem56 above - this time with a draw distance set to 15,000 meters.
The grid showing through the textures is actually rarely seen in this route...

repro.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a shot through the Douglas Firs just west of Golden. Most assets are seasonal (PC-Ace showed a shot with autumn colour).

Edit: First time linking from gallery. How do I get larger picture - I just copied the image address into URL field.

Empty-CP-Coal-Train-headed-back-to-Fernie-via-Golden-Yard-in-January.jpg

Last edited:
Grid showing through textures is basic Route Building Management 101 - you go through with your most common ground texture and use the fill command to overwrite any areas so affected!

For anyone having trouble with derailments in this build, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure you update your build to the latest beta 97923. (/5 for Mac)

2. Please check which folders you have in your local data folder for sc486
You should have 7 parts:
sc486, d_0 to d_3, f, and s.

Check this article for more information on redownloading:

https://support.trainzportal.com/in...sing-dependencies-for-built-in-content-or-dlc

3. Check that you have these installed: e.g.
<kuid2:122860:100436:26> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC

<kuid2:523:19723729:4> 02 Rocky Mountaineer - Eastbound Engineer
<kuid2:523:19723737:4> 01 Rocky Mountaineer - Westbound Tourist
<kuid2:523:19723724:6> 03 Westbound Coal
<kuid2:523:19723730:3> 04 Multiplayer Session

4. If the first load fails, please retry a second time and see if this load resolves any derailments.
(We've identitifed and fixed a bug on this issue).

Hi Tony,

I followed the re-install guide above, and left the West bound session to itself over evening meal...
On returning, I found that the concierge had halted - the driver couldn't find TM 12.
Is that a general problem - or just my install?

Regards

Colin

Back