AI control failure

timothy_4_you

Timothy H
T:ANE SP2

I keep losing AI control during game play and the only way to get it back is to exit the session. The AI Driver stops obeying given commands and the control panel disappears. The train also doesn't obey the stop train command rendering the unit useless in gameplay. What is causing this?

Last edited:
I had exactly this in a session after I started using TANE SP2. I found that control was lost on several AI trains just as you describe and it was happening because a session layer loco was trying to couple with a route layer piece of rolling stock. Once I found the route layer asset and changed it back to session layer the problem disappeared. The issue had never arisen in SP1. Try running the session and noting when control is lost, then look for a coupling that occurs somewhere on the route at that moment.

Ingha

This is a bug, which has been reported and I think has been repaired in the current test build.

I think I found a work around for this.

But I need to retest my key sequence to remember what I did to get around the bug.

When you drive manually (Like real engineers do) all the AI problems instantly go away ... there is no fully robotic AI in the real world

Back