The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Video Suggestion

I'd also be very interested in a how-to on using invisible track for non-train items, like cranes on a container dock, or aircraft both on the ground and in the air. Especially commanding these objects to move in their respective manner.

Thanks for taking time to listen to feedback and going the extra mile to make Trainz what it is! :Y: :Y: :Y:

Why not create a session that deals with faulty assets and what I couple questions. what do you do with an asset when you look at the dependents and there is no dependents there is that assets? What do you do when you have an asset and you select delete but it doesn't delete the asset? I guess what I'm saying is how do you free up faulty assets ?

Twitch TV Question: is there going to be a video on how to connect 2 or more routes to make them as one route as i have a few that i want to connect as one route as all my routes i play on are aussie based routes but looking at seeing if there is a way they can be connected & doing videos helps me learn a lot better than just a bunch of text on a screen

Twitch TV Question: is there going to be a video on how to connect 2 or more routes to make them as one route as i have a few that i want to connect as one route as all my routes i play on are aussie based routes but looking at seeing if there is a way they can be connected & doing videos helps me learn a lot better than just a bunch of text on a screen

Sure thing. Will get a video up explaining this soon.

Trainz - Content Creation - #16.1 - Materials - Rust (using tbumpgloss)
This is a sequel of tutorials that show how to create certain types of materials in Trainz.

This material is a "Rust" style material.
https://youtu.be/ymfWeaPLIEk

Download the Material Rush Asset here

You can use these materials on your content creations in the hope that you might achieve a better look using all the available material variables in Trainz.

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Last edited:
Cool on the above video --- I'm sure today's masses will learn a lot --- Where were you years ago, learned it the hard way? (tongue-and-check) LOL ....:wave:

Well done!!!

Best Regards
Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #16.1 - Materials - Rust (using tbumpgloss)
This is a sequel of tutorials that show how to create certain types of materials in Trainz.

Great tutorial - thanks. Even though I use Blender I had no problems following what you were doing in Max. I particularly liked the discussion on the use of alpha channels for reflection and specular, and the use of the reflection map.

I'm having a few problems with tbumpenv in TANE for my locos. Can you do a similar tutorial for tbumpenv?

Great tutorial - thanks. Even though I use Blender I had no problems following what you were doing in Max. I particularly liked the discussion on the use of alpha channels for reflection and specular, and the use of the reflection map.

I'm having a few problems with tbumpenv in TANE for my locos. Can you do a similar tutorial for tbumpenv?

Yep no problem will look to do a video on tbumpenv. Keep in mind the tbumpenv uses a built-in reflection map so you can't add your own to that material. You can however control the strength of the reflection in the Alpha channel of the diffuse by using greyscale.

• Diffuse map - RGB = diffuse color, A = environment reflection strength/mask
  • Opacity map - Legacy support for Diffuse texture Alpha channel - As per above, the alpha channel of the Diffuse texture provides the environment reflection strength/mask
  • Normal map - RGB = bump normal A, = specular strength
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/M.tbumpenv

Trainz - Content Creation - #17 - Merging 2 Routes
This tutorial shows you how you can merge 2 routes together to form a larger route.
https://youtu.be/A_0V1rSfYvM

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

what's the largest route you can bulid in trainz as if you got 2 really big routes you want to connect as one can this be done .??
( EG: like sydney to melbourne )

In theory, there is a limit to the size of the route you can have in Trainz. In practice you're not going to hit the limits on ground sections, you have over 20,000 kilometers in each direction.

In theory, there is a limit to the size of the route you can have in Trainz. In practice you're not going to hit the limits on ground sections, you have over 20,000 kilometers in each direction.

Hi --Good to know!;)

Kind Regards
Ish

just think if it was possable to drive a train from sydney to brisbane it would be 1 hell of a drive lol

Back