Look out for gimmiepigs in your PMs

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Recently, I and a few other known content creators had received PMs on the forums from a certain user who will go unnamed. Said user is asking us to release private content, or create content for them in an unrealistic timeframe. I advise you block this user, and report them to the forum staff, as they are a known gimmiepig and have been asking people outside of the forums, in addition to requests on the forums.

Hope this clears up a few things! Pretty sure the person in question is a child as well.

Last edited:
Sorry to here you're having to deal with this person. :rolleyes:

I've had a few requests in the past, but if it was for something I wasn't interested in making, I just politely refused. 👍

Most asset requests have been for things I'm already interested in, i.e stations, water tanks, goods sheds, rocks, splines and general scenery stuff :giggle:

Only a couple Trainzers have ever asked for loco or traincar reskins.

Rico

Last edited:
.... Pretty sure the person in question is a child as well.
Well, if it is a child, maybe cut him/her some slack rather than naming and shaming? We should be making allowances for the younger members of our community. Someone asking for something isn't the worst thing that can happen and gently correcting should be possible (unless they're extremely persistent!)

Well, if it is a child, maybe cut him/her some slack rather than naming and shaming? We should be making allowances for the younger members of our community. Someone asking for something isn't the worst thing that can happen and gently correcting should be possible (unless they're extremely persistent!)

You have a point @Paulsw2, but he didn't name anyone specific 👍

Rico

It's been a recurring issue (a friend has photos of a 150-item long list they requested, including payware from multiple sites). They don't stop, I had to ban them from commenting on my channel because it got so bad.
Ooo. I didn't see the PM request, LOL.

Bad @DARTrider , bad, bad bad.

(just kidding)

Rico
Whoops, will be deleting that part.

tmonlux is a new user that I just put on my Ignore list lately for making VERY outrageous demands, day after day for several weeks now. Even after I told this person several times I don't do requests he kept on pestering me. I don't give a rip if it is a kid, he needs to grow up.

tmonlux is a new user that I just put on my Ignore list lately for making VERY outrageous demands, day after day for several weeks now. Even after I told this person several times I don't do requests he kept on pestering me. I don't give a rip if it is a kid, he needs to grow up.

These weeny kids are the main reason I left as admin for the Trainz facebook group "T:ANE, TRS19 & TRS22 Community".

The group is infested with sub 15 year olds hacking payware locos, trading/selling/begging reskins and posting asks for all the banned stuff you can imagine.
That and the group members (most) don't give a rats ass about anything that isn't contemporary U.S. power.

There are some good members of course, but monitoring and controlling the kids is such a pain in the ass, LOL.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/FQEfEBaMQVd1ILeRwY" width="480" height="358" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Rico

Last edited:
Hi all,
MilRock here,
Just want to but-in on the conversation to ask a small favor. No I'm not a gimme pig (more of a giveyou pig, hahaha). DARTrider contacted me in 2022 on a private conversation, but I never saw the message until now. How embarrassing for me, he probably thinks I just ignored it, which I didn't. Anyways, if you do converse with DARTrider soon, could you advise that I'm wanting to start that conversation about the GP35 skins and stuff.

Many thanks
Dan

Hi all,
MilRock here,
Just want to but-in on the conversation to ask a small favor. No I'm not a gimme pig (more of a giveyou pig, hahaha). DARTrider contacted me in 2022 on a private conversation, but I never saw the message until now. How embarrassing for me, he probably thinks I just ignored it, which I didn't. Anyways, if you do converse with DARTrider soon, could you advise that I'm wanting to start that conversation about the GP35 skins and stuff.

Many thanks
Dan
@MilRock > You can tag any forum user like this @DARTrider

The user will then see a notification the next time they log-in (y)

Rico

Hi all,
MilRock here,

Many thanks
Dan
You aren't the person I was talking about, haha! I'm talking about a young child who has been asking people to make freight cars and stuff, and being unreasonable. Thanks for reaching out to me, will get back on that for ya!

Back