Ferrovia Appennino Centrale 1899

RailGems

Dear Trainz friends, narrow-gauge lovers, and railway history enthusiasts,

I am thrilled to introduce my first DLC: Ferrovia Appennino Centrale 1899. This DLC takes you on a journey through the stunning Tuscan valleys and charming medieval towns around the turn of the century.
I've personally created every object on the route and built it over a period of 2.5 years. I've carefully reconstructed this 133 km long route with matching rolling stock, 3D models of all important buildings near the railway, and scripts to provide a more authentic experience.

The railway connected Arezzo, a city in Tuscany on the Florence to Rome railway, to Fossato di Vico, a village in Umbria on the Rome to Ancona railway. The "trenino" crossed beautiful mountains and valleys and called at medieval cities like Anghiari and Sansepolcro in Tuscany, and Città di Castello, Umbertide and Gubbio in Umbria. It was constructed in 1886 and was of great importance to the development of the region. It got heavily damaged during the Second World War and was, with the exception of the section between Umbertide and Sansepolcro, never rebuilt.

WqaHNpOr_M0w_900x.jpg

I used to play Trainz as a child, took a 10-year break, and then returned to it during the pandemic. This DLC is the result of my passion for historic narrow-gauge railways and my love for Italy.
I am incredibly proud to have completed a project of this size, and I hope you all enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed creating it. If you have any questions, remarks, or feedback, please don't hesitate to let me know.

You can find Ferrovia Appennino Centrale 1899 on the Trainz store here. For more videos, check out my YouTube channel.
Wishing you a fun and immersive experience!

RailGems

@mods, can you please move this thread to the Payware announcements section? I don't seem to have the rights to post there (yet).

Congratulations on completing your first DLC for Trainz! It's evident that you put a tremendous amount of effort and dedication into recreating the historic narrow-gauge railway and its surroundings. The attention to detail, tutuapp including kodi the matching rolling stock, 3D models of buildings, and scripts, is impressive.

The route sounds fascinating, taking players on a journey through the picturesque Tuscan valleys and medieval towns. It must be a treat to explore such a historically significant railway line. The fact that you personally crafted every object over a period of 2.5 years shows your passion and commitment to creating an authentic experience.

It's wonderful to hear that you have a personal connection to Trainz and that the pandemic reignited your interest in the game. It's amazing how hobbies can provide solace and inspiration during challenging times. Your enthusiasm for historic narrow-gauge railways and Italy shines through in your DLC.

I'm sure many Trainz enthusiasts, narrow-gauge lovers, and railway history buffs will be thrilled to experience Ferrovia Appennino Centrale 1899. The Trainz store and your YouTube channel will undoubtedly be great platforms for showcasing and sharing your creation.

Last edited:
Back